PDA

View Full Version : Lighting and Tripod recommendation

EvilBread
30-Sep-2006, 09:35 PM
Sadly now that I have left University and am no longer a tax dodger, I must now scrape together my own equipment in order to make my films. I have my camera, edit suite and micrphone sorted out but am need of a good lighting set and a solid tripod. The one that I have at the moment is not good enough for the level of films I want to make.

Now I know there are a few Brits that post on here so I was wondering if you guys would be able to suggest some good lighting sets or tripods for me. In terms of lighting I am mainly looking for just a small box of red heads but don't really know the best place to pick some up. As for the tripod I have checked out a few sites and price checked one or two tripods but thought I would enquire around here before splashing out money if I can save money. Cheers guys and ghouls.

MinionZombie
30-Sep-2006, 10:30 PM
Well I don't really know anything about lighting beyond making the most of the ambient light (or using one household light in a certain way - I know, how low budget is that? :lol:), as for tripods, I got a Libec 950, got it for £175 (got a discount). It's not the flashiest (a really good tripod is gonna set you back a good chunk of change, so for graduates with limited means those are out of the question) ... however it is a good tripod, it has that smooth-head motion you want, it's solid and has a spirit level to help keep your shots straight (unless you're going dutch). I've used the Libec range a lot before (they have a different brand name not that long ago though), like at Uni or when recently working with the Rural Media Company.

Check out some camera shops and see what they've got or could suggest within your price range and try them out, you'll find something quite easily that'll suit you down to the ground. I'm certainly very happy with my new Libec 950 as it does exactly what I need it to do.