PDA

View Full Version : DELETED/BTS SCENES - Deadlands: The Rising

DjfunkmasterG
03-Oct-2006, 08:50 PM
I am in the process of setting up a page full of deleted scenes from the film. This page should be online by 5:00pm EST.

This is footage I felt either could not cut it, or had to be removed because the ending had changed.

The first clip is a semi-deleted/smei-BTS clip from the film. This is a stunt driving clip from the nights on the street and runs approximately 7 minutes. It is 3-4 takes of me attempting to come up the road fast, and negotiate a right turn at approx 35-50 mph while on the accelerator. The fast speed I hit on the approach to the turn was 85 miles per hour in a 2004 Mustang GT.

The clip also has dialogue between myself, the DP and other camera operator as to how I am going to do it each time. In fact in one clip I nearly stall the car. :lol:

As time goes on I will add more clips to the page as I see fit and re-assemble them from the raw footage in the movie. For now enjoy STUNT DRIVING 101

www.playingwithdeadthings.com/DELETEDSCENES

LouCipherr
03-Oct-2006, 10:21 PM
Maybe it should be "HOW NOT TO DRIVE A CAR 101" :lol: :lol: :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
03-Oct-2006, 11:01 PM
very true...

if you wanna keep your driver's license... Don't do what you see in this video.

Maitreya
04-Oct-2006, 12:45 AM
Did you have cooperation from local law enforcement or did you pretty much just make sure no one was around?

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2006, 10:49 AM
hehehe, cool beans ... yeah ... I don't think I'll be stepping into a car with you anytime soon Dj. :p

DjfunkmasterG
04-Oct-2006, 11:40 AM
Did you have cooperation from local law enforcement or did you pretty much just make sure no one was around?

Everyone pretty much knew what we were doing so the road was closed. The cops hung out on set a lot the first night, second night they just checked in every now and again. :D

hehehe, cool beans ... yeah ... I don't think I'll be stepping into a car with you anytime soon Dj. :p

Oh, I am not that bad of a driver now man. Remember this is just a clip from the movie. I don't drive like that all the time...:sneaky:

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2006, 11:41 AM
See? What did I tell ya MZ?! He's a nut! :lol: :lol:

and if I remember correctly, those weren't the only 3 passes we made, was it Dj? I can't remember...

Maitreya - we had cooperation of the city of Gaithersburg and the police there to close the road, but we told them (and correct me if i'm wrong Dj) there would be no "stunts." Well, at 2am when no one is around, Dj's mind tends to wander and... well.. you see the results of that in this video. :D

..and don't believe the lies! That's his typical driving style! :lol: :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
04-Oct-2006, 12:52 PM
No, my typical driving style is weaving in and out of cars shouting obscenities to the slower vehicles on the road. :D

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2006, 04:05 PM
Ah, the old "swear 'n' weave" ... I've been there. :D

One of my ridiculous moments of driving came in the summer of 2003, when I was working at a local VW dealership as a valeter/service washer. I was trusted to take cars off site (both company and private owner) to do deliveries/pick ups/fuel runs/drop offs and I often got rather heavy-footed.

With it being a hard job I liked to get back home quick smart to chill out (and get a much needed bath). I'd be up before 6am - in my summer break from uni - and work hard all day for around 9 hours, getting rather dirty and covered in a variety of chemicals (of differing levels of corrosiveness), so I'd bomb it back home at ridiculous speeds.

I'd also do the same thing when in company/private cars (when alone of course).

One instance that springs to mind, I was driving a VW Golf and dropped a co-worker off at another garage a while away, I headed back to our garage on my own and was all about the lead foot, breaking the speed limit the whole way. A bit of a shock came when I almost flew straight over a junction across main road traffic mid-air as I was going so far (and hit a bump). So that was sobering ... until my foot got heavy again moments later.

Another thing I remember was one lunchtime we all jetting off to a nearby pub and I was, for some reason, in a Michael Schumacher mood and got stuck behind a slow poke doing (actually sensible) speed down this side road beside the dual carriageway. Now this road is barely wide enough to squeeze two small cars past each other, so I hopped up onto the pavement (which was next to the gardens/gate entrances of the houses all alone one side) and barged it past. Duno why I did that at the time, but when I look back my driving was piss poor, dangerous you'd say ... but still in control. I guess I was still feeling that youthful invincibility that you lose after you turn 20 ... when you become a little less invincible.

Those are two moments of my piss poor driving from back in the day. Now I'm 95% sensible...

DjfunkmasterG
04-Oct-2006, 05:35 PM
:lol:

Now I'm 95% sensible...

That video represents my driving habits 30% of the time. :lol: The other 70% is either stuck in traffic, at home, or in work.

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2006, 09:48 PM
Dj, do me a favor and remind me never to get in a car with MZ, either! :lol:

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2006, 10:23 PM
:lol: ... hey, now that 5% is a rare occurrence ... indeed though, if you went back in time to drive in a car with me it would have been a one way trip most likely...at the time those (and a couple of other) near misses didn't mean anything to me, but just recently I've been thinking "damn, that was actually pretty damn stupid" and my own actions scared me a bit, haha! Scaring myself! :p, it used to be only looking in the mirror that would do that!

I do remember at that job I said about above, that one day we were valeting a car and one of the mechanics came in saying I was driving like a maniac (he was in a car behind me down the road a bit) and was quite surprised at my crazy driving - now we were in the same year in high school and he was the sort to hang out with more thuggish types and dimwits, I'm a quiet chap and was in top set for all my classes and mixed intellectual classes like history and sociology with creative outlets like art and pottery...so I guess it was a bit of a shock to him. :D

To be completely honest, I was kinda chuffed ... I guess it was going against the stereotype a bit, going against pre-conceptions of my character by other people, with an added slice of "blokes drive like nuttahhhhzz!" ... or something like that. I've calmed down a lot since then and gotten rid of a lot of that teenage *grrrrrr* nature (did I tell you about when I was at uni I dyed all my hair bright red? ... I even appeared on TV in a talk show audience with it) ... now I go the speedlimit - AT the speed limit. No more (well, okay, max 10 over sometimes) and certainly no less (unless I've had a couple of beers after a meeting and I don't want to risk getting caught :eek:).

I guess my driving could be categorised as "sensibly aggressive" ... I don't take any risks, but my foot flattens to get to the speed limit as fast as possible, I refuse to let any bastards in ahead of me unless they're nice to me first/aren't assuming my leniency, I piss and moan like a toddler when I get stuck behind a dawdler/tractor/caravan, I take corners as efficiently as possible (not in terms of fuel, in terms of driving), so it's down change before the corner and the gas goes on and stays on when I know it can stay there to feed me through the corner. I've actually memorised the speeds/gears for one particular route I like to take, and have my sweet spots for overtaking - as well as pre-planned gear change tactics/engine revs (by sound alone) for such a move.

Now, according to Top Gear (one of my favourite programmes :D), that technically makes me a "monumental car bore" (which isn't a bad thing, but it won't mean a lot of poontang, haha).

And what makes me nervous behind the wheel? Driving with family ... oh dear I don't like that, especially my Dad's subconscious "phantom breaking" foot movements I spot out of the corner of my eye...

And all that "ten to two" crap with the wheel? Er, no - palm of the hand wax on/wax off for corners thanks - either that or the "twelve o'clock fist" - left hand relaxing on the gear stick (3rd to 4th being my favourite change ... goddamn, how lame is that? :lol:) ... yep, that's a little insight into Driving Like MZ 101. :D

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah, that confirms it.. I'm definitely never getting in a car with MZ... :lol:

Maitreya
08-Oct-2006, 12:06 AM
And all that "ten to two" crap with the wheel? Er, no - palm of the hand wax on/wax off for corners thanks - either that or the "twelve o'clock fist" - left hand relaxing on the gear stick (3rd to 4th being my favourite change ... goddamn, how lame is that? :lol:) ... yep, that's a little insight into Driving Like MZ 101. :D

I just read that and thought, "Is he on crack, doesn't he mean his right hand on the shifter?"

Then it hit me.

You're from Britain.

Yea.... But I still don't think I'd want to get into a car with you, you sound about like the way my dad drives now... I've feared for my life within the past 2 years riding with him.

Dawg
08-Oct-2006, 12:19 AM
No, my typical driving style is weaving in and out of cars shouting obscenities to the slower vehicles on the road. :D

How slow though? 35 in a 35 zone or slower? :p

:dead: Dawg

MinionZombie
08-Oct-2006, 10:55 AM
I'd like to add a correction to the statement - it's more like the "one o'clock fist" rather than high noon. :D I'm totally safe and in control, just that every now and then I might get a little crazy/over aggressive when the traffic pushes me that way...:elol:

LouCipherr
09-Oct-2006, 02:16 PM
I'd like to add a correction to the statement - it's more like the "one o'clock fist" rather than high noon. :D I'm totally safe and in control, just that every now and then I might get a little crazy/over aggressive when the traffic pushes me that way...:elol:

<cough>maniac<cough>

:D :p

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2006, 05:51 PM
*cough* obsessive compulsive maniac *cough* more like. :D

DjfunkmasterG
07-Dec-2006, 10:58 AM
Speaking of driving habits...

I was on my way back from my real estate agents office and there was this slalom (sp?) of cars on route 270 south traveling at best... 50 mph. There were probably 7 cars staggered between the right and left lanes of the road. Well, lets just say I don't need to go skiing to slalom. :p Especially traveling at 80 mph.

That was fun. I hope today when I am in Frederick Maryland again that I can do that on the way back home. :p

MinionZombie
07-Dec-2006, 11:03 AM
lol, you crazy man, you crazy. :D

I haven't had any reason to drive lately, so I've got no new stories ... but I do have Top Gear on in the background...