PDA

View Full Version : HPotD now accepting "General Horror" and "Scifi" contributions...

Neil
14-Mar-2006, 06:42 PM
As well as "Living Dead", HPotD is now accepting "General Horror" and "SciFi" contributions. Murder, blood, ghosts and vampires, with or without a robot involved, are all welcome :)

chukrok
18-Jun-2006, 03:54 AM
Would screenplays (short) be acceptable, or are you looking for prose only for your submissions?

Danny
18-Jun-2006, 03:57 AM
hmm... not a bad idea but my guess is youll end up with a lot of net goths writeing what they think is on par with lovecraft, come on we all know the sort;)

Neil
19-Jun-2006, 06:29 PM
Would screenplays (short) be acceptable, or are you looking for prose only for your submissions?

Scripts are fine...

Deadman_Deluxe
19-Jun-2006, 07:40 PM
hmm... not a bad idea but my guess is youll end up with a lot of net goths writeing what they think is on par with lovecraft, come on we all know the sort;)

What do you write?

Arcades057
22-Jun-2006, 10:51 PM
Now I've got a fire lit beneath me. I need to get writing again.

LoSTBoY
24-Jun-2006, 02:53 PM
Excellent, gives me a chance to write that sitcom about the sassy robot. :p

Neil
01-Jul-2006, 07:23 AM
Gives me the chance to write a fiction contribution that's been in my head for ages... But as usual, it's just finding the time...

And the story keeps getting bigger as well :(

Arcades057
02-Jul-2006, 03:08 AM
Ain't it the truth? I used to write while at work, as that's where the inspiration bat usually hits me. Now with the new management position, I can't walk around writing all the time, so I have to wait. By the time I get home, everything I was thinking about is gone. Nuts.

Slain
06-Oct-2006, 05:20 AM
I've looked all over the site & I couldn't find an information about the following, I so I'll ask:

1. How does one submit a story to the fiction section?

2. Is it OK to post stories in the message section of the fiction forum?

Neil
06-Oct-2006, 07:39 AM
I've looked all over the site & I couldn't find an information about the following, I so I'll ask:

1. How does one submit a story to the fiction section?

2. Is it OK to post stories in the message section of the fiction forum?

From the Fiction Section itself, from the "Submit Fiction" option:-

Before you submit a contribution please ensure you have carefully read the following:-
Your contribution must be within the "Living Dead" or "General Horror" genres. Please state clearly what genre you contribution is being submitted for.

A piece of fiction must be a self contained contribution. ie: We do not accept a story in parts.

Please submit your contribution preferably in Word or RTF format. Flat text is permissable but only as a last resort.

Ensure you have carefully read (& re-read) your contribution checking for spelling and gramatical errors. Note: Contributions which are poorly formatted or have too many spelling mistakes will be rejected.

Please include the title of your contribution, your name and desired email address. Please also include a brief summary of your contribution using less that 100 charecters. This summary should allow readers to gain a brief insight into the content/nature of your contribution while ideally not spoiling the plot for them.

If you at a later date change your email address you should inform us and we will update your information accordingly. Failure to do this will mean comments will be sent to your old email address.

On submitting a contribution, a member of staff ('Fiction Processor') will read it, and if it is deemed suitable, it will be posted in the Fiction Section. Note: This process can typically take 2-6 weeks so please be patient.

If you have read the above points, and now wish to submit a contribution, click the "Email Contribution" obtion below and attach your contribution to the email. (Again, be sure to include the title, your name and a summary of the contribution.)

To submit it just email it though to fiction@REMOVECAPShomepageofthedead.com

:)

ps: And I don't like fiction being posted in these discussion forums :)

Arcades057
07-Oct-2006, 01:53 AM
Also it looks really crappy when you do post a story in this forum, and not many folks read it.

Slain
07-Oct-2006, 03:00 AM
Oops, sorry I didn't see the submit story button. Thanks for info :o

Exatreides
12-Apr-2007, 08:43 PM
I dunno, I think it would help revitalize the board if parts of the of a story (not whole thing) could be posted just to get feedback, and all that sorta stuff. Maybe a ongoing undead rpg maybe?

out of curiousity, how long until the next fiction update?

Neil
13-Apr-2007, 07:17 AM
I dunno, I think it would help revitalize the board if parts of the of a story (not whole thing) could be posted just to get feedback, and all that sorta stuff. Maybe a ongoing undead rpg maybe?

out of curiousity, how long until the next fiction update?

An ongoing RPG is a possibility - it's been done before etc.

Next update should hopefully be over the next week - there's a lot going on at the moment :confused:

Exatreides
29-Apr-2007, 06:58 PM
Over the next week eh? :(

Neil
29-Apr-2007, 08:08 PM
Over the next week eh? :(
Huh? Infact it was updated within a day or two (of that post)?

Exatreides
29-Apr-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh, did you happen to get my fic in?

Neil
29-Apr-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, did you happen to get my fic in?

When did you send it? Not checked my email for a day or so...

Exatreides
29-Apr-2007, 09:04 PM
The same day I posted that two weeks ago.

Neil
01-May-2007, 07:25 AM
The same day I posted that two weeks ago.

Well, rather strangely, no. There's only two contributions waiting to be put online and neither are from you...

I also usually reply immediately I get something.

Send it through again and I'll keep a special eye out for it.

Exatreides
01-May-2007, 08:30 PM
Sent "Home sweet home."

Debbieangel
12-Jan-2008, 06:33 PM
Neil, have you ever thought of doing a collection of zombie poems in the fiction section or have a special section for them?
I am wondering because I have written four zombie poems and would submit them if there were a place to submit them to read ?

Neil
12-Jan-2008, 11:03 PM
Neil, have you ever thought of doing a collection of zombie poems in the fiction section or have a special section for them?
I am wondering because I have written four zombie poems and would submit them if there were a place to submit them to read ?

Poems are accepted... We have some...

AngryNeighbour
11-May-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm sorry but I'm new here ahaha, if you wanted to make a contribution, where would I go to do this? Would I just post in the main fiction discussion forum?

Neil
11-May-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm sorry but I'm new here ahaha, if you wanted to make a contribution, where would I go to do this? Would I just post in the main fiction discussion forum?

Go into the Fiction Section and click on the "Submit Fiction" option...

Or click here! (http://fiction.homepageofthedead.com/forum.pl?mode=bespoke&f=f&fic_m=sub)

adventnevda
19-Jun-2018, 09:59 PM
Hi Neil!

Not sure if you'd be interested.

Is there the possibility of a colab fiction / post story by chapter option?

If not no worries!

Regards Adventnevda.

Neil
20-Jun-2018, 07:22 AM
Hi Neil!

Not sure if you'd be interested.

Is there the possibility of a colab fiction / post story by chapter option?

If not no worries!

Regards Adventnevda.In the past that hasn't worked well. ie: It's stalled and left contributions half done...