PDA

View Full Version : UK folks... Most Haunted... 100th episode...

Neil
11-Oct-2006, 10:06 AM
Don't know how many UK folks watch this, but caught a bit of the 100th episode last night...

http://www.livingtv.co.uk/mosthaunted/501.php

So basically, when the chair movied:-
a) Someone moved it?
b) Something moved it?

MinionZombie
11-Oct-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't watch those shows, but saw a clip of one once at uni when flicking the channels through, I laughed heartily that they considered a fleck of dust moving on invisible air currents to be a "spectre" moving with some kind of independent conscience ... have they never seen dust in the air before? :lol:

MikePizzoff
11-Oct-2006, 11:35 AM
I can't stand the people on that show. Especially Derek and his stupid imaginary friend "Sam". Do you guys over there like actually like him? I never understood how he lasted so long. I've seen him on one or two other UK ghost specials, too.

Kaos
11-Oct-2006, 11:51 AM
It looks like the UK has as many people entertaining the idea of ghosts as the US has entertaining the idea of alien abduction.

Danny
11-Oct-2006, 12:32 PM
kaos is 100% correct every other place is "the most haunted house/town/kazi in england".

and derek acora is a sad pathetic **** who gives false hope to people, for those who aint sen him think jhon edward but with a form of tourettes that makes him yell "whats that sam?".

cus apprently he has a ghost pal named sam who tells him what to do:rolleyes:

a couple tried to sue him a while back for a false prediction of a fake will in there family made by him and living tv (most haunteds prodycers) said

"most haunted is a show for entertainement purposes only and should not be taken as fact, never in the show have we stated mr acora IS pyschic this is all for the entertainment of the viewing [ublic, so by admitting they were wrong they still got off.

Neil
11-Oct-2006, 12:47 PM
Derek Acora left a couple of series ago...

Anyway my point is every now and then some strange stuff does seem to happen...

MinionZombie
11-Oct-2006, 01:13 PM
Speaking of ghosts and whatnot, I was watching a Channel 4 documentary - a short series they did called 'real horror' or something, one was about the movie Amityville Horror as well as the actual house and goings on. And they showed this photo they took in the house when they were doing some sort of exorcism or spiritual connection type thing and there's a little boy poking his head around a door looking directly at the camera - but there were no kids in the house at the time. That picture freaked me right the fudge out...

Neil
11-Oct-2006, 01:40 PM
Speaking of ghosts and whatnot, I was watching a Channel 4 documentary - a short series they did called 'real horror' or something, one was about the movie Amityville Horror as well as the actual house and goings on. And they showed this photo they took in the house when they were doing some sort of exorcism or spiritual connection type thing and there's a little boy poking his head around a door looking directly at the camera - but there were no kids in the house at the time. That picture freaked me right the fudge out...

I love stuff like this!

I'm a sceptic, but just love the possibility I'm wrong and the world's a more interesting place than I think it is :)

Sometimes on Most Haunted some very odd sounds and things happen.

A couple of times they've caught things moving on camera (as per my original message). So basically it's a hoax or it's real...

They come across as genuine folks, so even though the obvious answer is it's a hoax, you hope they have some ethics...

The truth behind The Amityville Horror was finally revealed when Butch DeFeo's lawyer, William Weber, admitted that he, along with the Lutzes, "created this horror story over many bottles of wine." The house was never really haunted; the horrific experiences they had claimed were simply made up. Jay Anson further embellished the tale for his book, and by the time the film's screenwriters had adapted it, any grains of truth that might have been there were long gone. While the Lutzes profited handsomely from their story, Weber had planned to use the haunting to gain a new trial for his client. George Lutz reportedly still claims that the events are mostly true, but has offered no evidence to back up his claim.

http://chatanuga.org/Amityville.html

MikePizzoff
11-Oct-2006, 07:46 PM
Amityville may very well be haunted. There was a family murdered by their own son before the Lutz's moved in. He claimed the reason he did was because he was driven by spirits in the house that talked to him and eventually provoked him to do it.

Neil
11-Oct-2006, 08:37 PM
Amityville may very well be haunted. There was a family murdered by their own son before the Lutz's moved in. He claimed the reason he did was because he was driven by spirits in the house that talked to him and eventually provoked him to do it.
Read my post immediately before yours, and follow the link too...

Chakobsa
11-Oct-2006, 10:04 PM
George Lutz passed away in May this year, apparently he registered "The Amityville Horror" as a trademark in 2002.
As for Most Haunted I don't think I've ever seen such a crock of disingenuous crap. The people responsible are no better than the worst kind of tv evangelists. No wait, I'll go further;they're the moral equivalent of crackdealers.
In the places these clowns visit every draught of air or creaking board is interpreted as evidence of the paranormal.
It wouldn't be so bad if there was any balance or objectivity offered, ok so some guy waves around a gizzmo and declares that there are "cold spots" or some kind of electromagnetic field. So what? This Psuedo scientific crap is nothing more than a cynical ploy.
Thing is, there are people out there in television land who will watch dreck like this and hang on every word 'cause it offers them the hope that their departed loved ones are somehow still with them. Shows like this are amongst the worst kind of exploitative rubbish that television has to offer.

Neil
12-Oct-2006, 10:19 AM
George Lutz passed away in May this year, apparently he registered "The Amityville Horror" as a trademark in 2002.
As for Most Haunted I don't think I've ever seen such a crock of disingenuous crap. The people responsible are no better than the worst kind of tv evangelists. No wait, I'll go further;they're the moral equivalent of crackdealers.
In the places these clowns visit every draught of air or creaking board is interpreted as evidence of the paranormal.
It wouldn't be so bad if there was any balance or objectivity offered, ok so some guy waves around a gizzmo and declares that there are "cold spots" or some kind of electromagnetic field. So what? This Psuedo scientific crap is nothing more than a cynical ploy.
Thing is, there are people out there in television land who will watch dreck like this and hang on every word 'cause it offers them the hope that their departed loved ones are somehow still with them. Shows like this are amongst the worst kind of exploitative rubbish that television has to offer.

To be frank I suspect in a dark earie place I'd be somewhat nervous at every creaking floor board.

I enjoy the program, and as I've said, every now and then they get some odd stuff audio or visually... I've heard very odd grunts and groans and even sounds like children. Three or more times things have moved.

Mostly things can be put down to other causes, but sometimes its as black and white as it's genuine or their hoaxing it - Hence my initial question...

It doesn't feel as "false" and contrived as the similar american shows I've seen, hence me being unwilling just to discard the odd things that happen without having some question marks there...

capncnut
12-Oct-2006, 05:56 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Most Haunted died by series two. Every time Derek Acorah converses with Sam, he has a look on his face that indicates he is improvising. The fact that the show now lacks without this faker does nothing more than prove what a pile of s**t it was in the first place. If Yvette and Carl want to find ghosts they need not look any further than their own show, Most Haunted is one!

Danny
12-Oct-2006, 06:04 PM
amen to that.

Neil
12-Oct-2006, 08:06 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Most Haunted died by series two. Every time Derek Acorah converses with Sam, he has a look on his face that indicates he is improvising. The fact that the show now lacks without this faker does nothing more than prove what a pile of s**t it was in the first place. If Yvette and Carl want to find ghosts they need not look any further than their own show, Most Haunted is one!

I'm quite happy without him :)

Strange how absolutely NO ONE has actually answered my question for this thread though :rockbrow:

Is everything they capture on audio or video that implies something odd is happening hoaxed? Or in some cases IS something odd happening?

Danny
12-Oct-2006, 08:42 PM
total hoax.

Chakobsa
12-Oct-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm quite happy without him :)

Strange how absolutely NO ONE has actually answered my question for this thread though :rockbrow:

Is everything they capture on audio or video that implies something odd is happening hoaxed? Or in some cases IS something odd happening?
Perhaps something strange is happening, who knows? Thing about it is that nearly everyone who experiences the sort of things that happen in these shows, almost always assumes that barring a "natural" explanation, earthbound
spirits must be at work.

Neil
12-Oct-2006, 10:59 PM
total hoax.

Every sound? Every light anononommomoly (spelling)? Every moving object?

capncnut
12-Oct-2006, 11:01 PM
Karl rigged it up and pulled a string.

Neil
12-Oct-2006, 11:15 PM
Karl rigged it up and pulled a string.

He does seem to be there often when objects move :)

Danny
13-Oct-2006, 01:00 AM
Every sound? Every light anononommomoly (spelling)? Every moving object?

every "orb" IS dust if youve seen taht video from the u.s of those giant balls like white fire flowing through the air in some woodland ,tose are orbs, they just record dust partciles in night vision.

they jump at every little thing ,they ask if anyone is there....nothing happens, they repeat, again and again till a small bang in an old house inevitably occurs.

ive never seen an object move clearly in view the sketchy hand held cams allways seem to be mysteriously just out of shot of the event, now when the chair moved at race rock in the first season of ghost hunters, now THAT was impressive.

there just a bunch of jumpy 30 somethings on most haunted with a bigger lust for air time than an x factor contestant.

total b.s

capncnut
13-Oct-2006, 01:38 AM
There just a bunch of jumpy 30 somethings on most haunted with a bigger lust for air time than an x factor contestant.

Who like to lob spoons all over the place!

Neil
13-Oct-2006, 01:00 PM
every "orb" IS dust if youve seen taht video from the u.s of those giant balls like white fire flowing through the air in some woodland ,tose are orbs, they just record dust partciles in night vision.

they jump at every little thing ,they ask if anyone is there....nothing happens, they repeat, again and again till a small bang in an old house inevitably occurs.

ive never seen an object move clearly in view the sketchy hand held cams allways seem to be mysteriously just out of shot of the event, now when the chair moved at race rock in the first season of ghost hunters, now THAT was impressive.

there just a bunch of jumpy 30 somethings on most haunted with a bigger lust for air time than an x factor contestant.

total b.s

A little unfair... Either you haven't really watched it very much, you're over simplifying it and being over dimissive...

A couple of times they have been asking questions and getting clear one knock and two knocks back.

I'll give you that many of the orbs can be put down to dust or insects etc. But again, sometimes the light anomooonnnolies are quite odd and cannot be dismissed this simply.

They had some time elapsed footage of a chair and bed moving that was quite impressive... Again, if it was genuine...

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2006, 03:39 PM
Coulda been a runner or A.D. or somebody in another room/off camera knocking after having signed a document swearing them to secrecy for fear of being sued. :D

Danny
13-Oct-2006, 06:14 PM
Who like to lob spoons all over the place!

exactly, for gods sake people when threatened with a lawsuit living tv said it wasnt real and "for entertainement pruposes only and nto to be taken as real proof of the supernatural".

its totally fake.

capncnut
13-Oct-2006, 07:07 PM
They had some time elapsed footage of a chair and bed moving that was quite impressive... Again, if it was genuine...

I saw that very episode and I have to say that on first impressions the footage was interesting. The thing is, there's never any clear evidence to be seen and therefore would be very easy to fake. The bed covered the angle of the chair, the camera was too close to the crucifix to see if the paper underneath was pulled or not etc. After watching this programme for a few years now, I'm gonna go along with Hellsing on this one - totally fake. Now Derek has gone, Karl has taken it upon himself to be the chief instigator of events on Most Haunted. If you ask my opinion, he was under the bed for four hours messing about while the camera rolled. I wouldn't tell him that though, apparently he is a fully trained Samurai!

Neil
13-Oct-2006, 08:07 PM
apparently he is a fully trained Samurai!

Martial arts typically instill strong honour?

capncnut
13-Oct-2006, 09:51 PM
Martial arts typically instill strong honour?

Well that would make sense. Karl always gets aggressive every time Derek claims a spirit wants to 'do things' to Yvette! Hehe.

Neil
24-Oct-2006, 09:23 AM

Hey, I saw a documentary last night about Amityville and I saw that photo. The fact they played scary music and zoomed in towards the figure didn't help, but it was a touch freaky.

Of course, given all the other false stories around the "haunting" the obviousl answer to the photo is it was simply a boy poking his head out of one of the rooms wonder what was going on :)

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2006, 10:41 AM
Aye that's exactly the doc I was talking about.

I suppose if could easily be faked, but if it wasn't - that's some freaky sh*t ... and indeed, creative editing always helps. :D As well as the fact I'm freaked out by blank-faced people staring at me with wide eyes *shudders*, ever since I was a kid and saw some Hammer Horror movie...

Neil
24-Oct-2006, 12:16 PM
That clip did give me the heebiegeebies! I had to watch 5 mins of Alan Partridge so I could go to sleep :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/partridge/images/km2_scary.gif

It seemed to show though that a lot of liberties were taken with the truth!

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2006, 02:58 PM
lol, lovin' the Partridge there Neil.

Indeed, whenever I see something weird on TV I have to scurry around and find some old repeats of Friends to un-freak me. Yes, you read right, I watch and enjoy Friends. It's an easy show to watch, no thought, it's kinda cuddly and Jennifer Aniston is seriously fit (Kudrow and Cox similar in the early seasons - 1 through 3) ... *ahem* ... anyway, there was some documentary on Channel 5 ... or maybe 4, about some girl without a face, or a twin within a twin - you know the sort, both channels are in competition to document the most freakish of occurrences ... so hence the Friends-athon following such scenes.

Either that or some David Starkey on "Last Word" (More 4) - last night was hilarious, he slammed this vast slug-like Labour MP who knew full well she was losing the argument so resorted to calling him out to be the stereotypical rich person, which Starkey really isn't, and Starkey was really pissed off and called her out - hilarious.

Neil
25-Oct-2006, 10:06 AM
Here's that picture of the boy :)

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct04/amityville.htm

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 11:17 AM
Yep, that's the pic I was on about *shudders* ... damn kids staring with the glowing eyes ... :eek:

Kaos
25-Oct-2006, 01:09 PM
Yep, that's the pic I was on about *shudders* ... damn kids staring with the glowing eyes ... :eek:

You guys are easily spooked.:lol:

capncnut
25-Oct-2006, 07:12 PM
Funny you guys should mention the kid but I have had that face on my list of usable avatars for a couple of weeks now. His turn is coming up soon... :eek:

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure which freaks me out more ... basket case or that freaky kid ... I can smell another Friends double bill coming on to balance me out...:eek: