PDA

View Full Version : Name the film please...

Neil
11-Oct-2006, 03:19 PM
Was in the last couple of years and I believe involved some sort of audio engineer who started hearing odd things on his recordings?

dmbfanintn
11-Oct-2006, 03:32 PM
Was in the last couple of years and I believe involved some sort of audio engineer who started hearing odd things on his recordings?

White Noise with Micheal Keaton, maybe..

Cykotic
11-Oct-2006, 04:00 PM
Yep, it was White Noise...

deadpunk
11-Oct-2006, 04:17 PM
It's not worth watching, Neil. In fact, I'd rank it among one of the lamest films of all time. :|

Danny
11-Oct-2006, 05:10 PM
ditto to that man, if you want ghosts watch ringu or something, us in the west can do monsters to a ****ing -t but we cant do ghosts for ****, stick to asian films they do it right over thar'.

one i can recommend is r-point, its bloody brilliant.

Tricky
11-Oct-2006, 05:31 PM
White noise = dogturd dildo
I was expecting good things but it didnt deliver :(

Adrenochrome
11-Oct-2006, 05:43 PM
It's not worth watching, Neil. In fact, I'd rank it among one of the lamest films of all time. :|

This may be the only thing we ever agree on.
When I watched White Noise I was praying that I'd be stricken with blindness and Alzheimers. Immediately...Hell I even prayed (or is it praid?....I never do it, so I don't know) that there was a God and offer him a tip....that is, IF he blinded me and gave me the big Al).

Graebel
11-Oct-2006, 06:26 PM
....of course, they've made a sequel.

EvilNed
11-Oct-2006, 08:08 PM
ditto to that man, if you want ghosts watch ringu or something, us in the west can do monsters to a ****ing -t but we cant do ghosts for ****, stick to asian films they do it right over thar'.

One of the best ghost stories of all time is of course The Fog.

Ps. Ringu and The Ring suck ass. :p

Chakobsa
11-Oct-2006, 10:17 PM

What about the original film of Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting Of Hill House"? Or who's seen that '60s short based on the classic M.R James story "Oh, Whistle And I'll Come To You, My Lad"?
White Noise was rubbish though.:)

Debbieangel
11-Oct-2006, 11:41 PM
What about the original film of Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting Of Hill House"? Or who's seen that '60s short based on the classic M.R James story "Oh, Whistle And I'll Come To You, My Lad"?
White Noise was rubbish though.:)

The Haunting of Hill House was one of the best movies ever!! Pretty good for its time! oooh ya "white noise" is a stinker for sure I sure expected it to be better!

Maitreya
12-Oct-2006, 03:02 AM
I think I'm the odd man out... I quite enjoyed White Noise.

I never understood why people thought it sucked, I didn't think it was the best, but it didn't suck as bad as you all say it did.

bassman
12-Oct-2006, 12:31 PM
One of the best ghost stories of all time is of course The Fog.

Another good one would be "Poltergiest".

"this house....is clear":D I love that little ol' lady...

Adrenochrome
12-Oct-2006, 12:37 PM
The Haunting of Hill House was one of the best movies ever!! Pretty good for its time! oooh ya "white noise" is a stinker for sure I sure expected it to be better!

have you ever seen The Uninvited (1944)? starring Ray Milland and Ruth Hussey.
One of the best "haunt" flicks ever made.

Bunker65
12-Oct-2006, 03:38 PM
have you ever seen The Uninvited (1944)? starring Ray Milland and Ruth Hussey.
One of the best "haunt" flicks ever made.

I completely agree with you on that !! The Uninvited was great !! Anyone that hasn't seen it should do themselves a favor & check it out :cool:.

Dommm
12-Oct-2006, 03:42 PM
I think I'm the odd man out... I quite enjoyed White Noise.

I never understood why people thought it sucked, I didn't think it was the best, but it didn't suck as bad as you all say it did.

Nah!! your not the odd man out, have to confess i quite enjoyed it, especially the end.

Mike70
16-Dec-2010, 06:46 PM
it was White Noise...

that's what she said!

MoonSylver
16-Dec-2010, 10:23 PM
that's what she said!

http://jolieodell.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/entrepreneur.jpg?w=640&h=392&crop=1