PDA

View Full Version : The Zombie diaries

Ryan
12-Oct-2006, 04:39 PM
where I live some guys have just filmed a zombie film. it has diary in the title and is described as blair witch meets zombies. Wonder if they heard about Romero's plan before running out and making it.

OK was posting the url but I'm not allowed to due to a lack of posts :dead:

www.zombiediaries.com/index.htm try this way

Neil
12-Oct-2006, 08:10 PM
where I live some guys have just filmed a zombie film. it has diary in the title and is described as blair witch meets zombies. Wonder if they heard about Romero's plan before running out and making it.

OK was posting the url but I'm not allowed to due to a lack of posts :dead:

www.zombiediaries.com/index.htm try this way

Looks quite well done!

bassman
12-Oct-2006, 08:21 PM
^^^ What he said.

The makeup effects look awesome, too....

Hrmm....nice find, Ryan.

hydro
13-Oct-2006, 09:10 PM

Hi Guys - just dropping in to say hello. You'll find that The Zombie Diaries was actually written back in 2004 and was filmed summer 2005. We've been editing the movie throughout 2006 and its now ready for release. We only found out about Romero's film about a month ago along with everyone else. The Brits were there first! :)

Kevin Gates
Writer & Director - The Zombie Diaries

bassman
13-Oct-2006, 09:21 PM
We only found out about Romero's film about a month ago along with everyone else. The Brits were there first! :)

Blashemy! Romero is the king of the dead.

And it's filmS. Plural.:p

hydro
13-Oct-2006, 10:03 PM
Blashemy! Romero is the king of the dead.

And it's filmS. Plural.:p

Wow so he's making two Diary of the Deads? ;) I'm a big fan of Romero make no mistake about it. Come and see our movie if you're based in the UK - I think you'll enjoy it.

MikePizzoff
14-Oct-2006, 10:42 PM
Looks damn good. Budget looks pretty decent, too. I'd love to get this once it comes out on DVD/VHS.

capncnut
14-Oct-2006, 11:25 PM
Come and see our movie if you're based in the UK - I think you'll enjoy it.

Saw the trailer and I'm well up for it. Leonard Fenton, that's Dr Legg innit?

Danny
15-Oct-2006, 12:01 AM
The Brits were there first! :)

we were everywere first becuase were from the moon, "moon rulez no.1":lol:

sorry a little too mutch aqua teen hunger force.

great work though. but did you copyright it or is george riding the copyright karma wagon?:lol:

hydro
15-Oct-2006, 12:11 AM
Saw the trailer and I'm well up for it. Leonard Fenton, that's Dr Legg innit?

That's right - from Eastenders! Len's a nice chap to work with - very professional actor and a really nice guy.

Kevin

capncnut
15-Oct-2006, 02:26 AM
I can't find a release date for this film. Will it be out theatrically?

hydro
15-Oct-2006, 10:55 AM
I can't find a release date for this film. Will it be out theatrically?

There's an initial screening on Sunday 29th October at Letchworth's broadway cinema (broadway-cinema dotcom) - sorry can't post urls yet!

This isn't an official release as the film has just been completed. It's a preview screening as the film is then being submitted to festivals and taken to Cannes in 2007. I wouldn't therefore expect an official release until mid 2007 realistically.

We will have more preview screenings though in London shortly. Hope you guys can come along.

Kevin

MinionZombie
15-Oct-2006, 12:08 PM
That looks pretty damn kick ass, glad the indie zombie scene is growing here in the UK :cool:.

Just checked out the site, great pics, the effects are especially awesome (the rotted zombie on the grass and the kinda bloated/grey-looking zombie woman are excellent).

How is the flick getting released here in the UK?

Debbieangel
15-Oct-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Brit friends!
Let us your American buddies know when it comes out on dvd so we can buy it too please? It looks really good!!
Put me on the list to be contacted first ok? lol

MinionZombie
15-Oct-2006, 05:54 PM
Indeed, I reckon this'll be joining the DVD collection in the not-too-distant future, and excuse my poor manners for not saying so sooner - welcome to HPOTD (zombie brain smoothies to the left, literal finger buffet to the right).

Danny
15-Oct-2006, 06:07 PM
...and a bag of pure coumbian hptod in the back room where a deals going down between mz and dj:lol:

MinionZombie
15-Oct-2006, 06:10 PM
Careful, don't scare them off with a deep-seated shout box inside joke! :eek:

TZD is looking better each time I read a bit more about it or review the trailer/pics. Not in quite some time have HPOTD members had so much to rub their hands in glee over...

capncnut
15-Oct-2006, 09:37 PM
We will have more preview screenings though in London shortly. Hope you guys can come along.

Kevin

Keep us posted on the preview dates and good luck with the movie, man.

hydro
15-Oct-2006, 09:43 PM
TZD is looking better each time I read a bit more about it or review the trailer/pics. Not in quite some time have HPOTD members had so much to rub their hands in glee over...

Cheers guys. I've been listening to the finished sound mix over the weekend and its really sounding (and looking) great. There's shades of Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue in the approach to the zombie sounds. Our sound designer Rob has done a fantastic job with this. There's a fly motif when the zombies get close to camera, which is something i've not seen (or heard) before. Added to the wheezing sounds of the living dead and it's quite unique. Makes them really come across as disgusting rotten creatures!

Kev

Ryan
16-Oct-2006, 09:04 AM
How can I get tickets to the screening in Letchworth?

hydro
16-Oct-2006, 09:14 AM
How can I get tickets to the screening in Letchworth?

go to broadway-cinema(dotcom) and book online :) tickets are only £3.50.

Ryan
16-Oct-2006, 09:35 AM
Just bought 4 :) might get a few others to come along.

I could be the first person to review it :skull:

I'm actually quite gutted, just read a lot of the zombie extras were from Hitchin :( Damn I missed out. If you do a sequel......... :D

Neil
16-Oct-2006, 09:06 PM
There's an initial screening on Sunday 29th October at Letchworth's broadway cinema (broadway-cinema dotcom) - sorry can't post urls yet!

This isn't an official release as the film has just been completed. It's a preview screening as the film is then being submitted to festivals and taken to Cannes in 2007. I wouldn't therefore expect an official release until mid 2007 realistically.

Kevin

Hmmm... Tempting... Would take me about an hour to get to Letchworth... Tempting...

hydro
16-Oct-2006, 11:42 PM
I could be the first person to review it :skull:

Indeed you could well be!

Dawg
17-Oct-2006, 11:51 PM
Hmmm... Tempting... Would take me about an hour to get to Letchworth... Tempting...

Only a hour, Neil?!

It takes me 45 mins every day to drive to work and 45 min back. You live in the city somewhere in England, don't you? Hehe! :p

:dead: Dawg

Ryan
18-Oct-2006, 08:08 AM
Spoke to my stepdad (Terry) last night, he told me he was the one that gave you guys permission to film in Letchworth, and he never told me :dead: Gutted

Technically part of my family was involved in the film :D

hydro
18-Oct-2006, 10:17 AM
Spoke to my stepdad (Terry) last night, he told me he was the one that gave you guys permission to film in Letchworth, and he never told me :dead: Gutted

Technically part of my family was involved in the film :D

That's right. Terry assisted with getting permission to film in certain parts of Letchworth. I actually emailed him the other week and he helped us get an article in our local paper - which made the front page! :) Say hi from me.

Ryan
18-Oct-2006, 10:32 AM
That's right. Terry assisted with getting permission to film in certain parts of Letchworth. I actually emailed him the other week and he helped us get an article in our local paper - which made the front page! :) Say hi from me.

I will do :) He has contacts at the paper....including me Mum :D

He is pimping your film, before I had a chance to tell him I had tickets he was quoting me the ticket prices :) I think he said he turned down tickets for the saturday show gutted he could of taken me :mad:

hydro
20-Oct-2006, 11:21 AM
I will do :) He has contacts at the paper....including me Mum :D

He is pimping your film, before I had a chance to tell him I had tickets he was quoting me the ticket prices :) I think he said he turned down tickets for the saturday show gutted he could of taken me :mad:

Yeh he wrote a small article in this week's Comet as well on the movie. We're doing several radio interviews in the next week so the promotion machine is in full swing!

Danny
20-Oct-2006, 11:25 AM
damn birtains getting smaller everyday man i swear to god.:D

MinionZombie
20-Oct-2006, 12:01 PM
Kick ass man, glad to hear that The Zombie Diaries media mill is underway. :cool::thumbsup:

Ryan
23-Oct-2006, 08:35 AM
8 of us coming now on Sunday :cool:

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 09:31 PM

Then I guess it's up to you to inform the rest of us zombie-heads about this movie. I wanna see it but I can't be arsed to fly up Essex way. My turn will have to await a London screening.

suicide22
27-Oct-2006, 08:13 PM
It looks like a well financed student filck! The effects are very good and I would like to see your movie, keep on making your movie FANTASTIC!!!:cool: :D :p

hydro
28-Oct-2006, 09:30 AM
It looks like a well financed student filck! The effects are very good and I would like to see your movie, keep on making your movie FANTASTIC!!!:cool: :D :p

I prefer to call it 'indie' myself - my student film days were many years ago ;)

Thats brilliant Ryan - see you there! :) It's almost sold out - only 14 seats left!

suicide22
28-Oct-2006, 01:16 PM
Were your student films any good back in the day?

radiokill
07-Nov-2006, 12:56 PM

It takes me an hour to go anywhere...I wouldn't have to think about it. :)

The Alive Man
13-Nov-2006, 08:47 PM
Don't wanna be rude but...

The make-up is AWFUL! :eek: :eek: :eek:

hydro
13-Nov-2006, 10:16 PM

LOL thats your opinion dude.

MinionZombie
14-Nov-2006, 09:53 AM
Hmmm ... I personally think the make up is awesome, went and checked out the pics on the site again and they're rockin - especially for a low budget indie flick. The corpse with the mangled face lying on the ground or the semi-bloated (at some point drowned, perhaps?) female zombie are two examples of the good make up on display I'd say. The trailer, likewise, made it look pretty darn cool.

That's my view anyway.

capncnut
14-Nov-2006, 07:15 PM
Hmmm ... I personally think the make up is awesome, went and checked out the pics on the site again and they're rockin - especially for a low budget indie flick. The corpse with the mangled face lying on the ground or the semi-bloated (at some point drowned, perhaps?) female zombie are two examples of the good make up on display I'd say. The trailer, likewise, made it look pretty darn cool.

That's my view anyway.

I'm with you all the way MZ, my s**tty bollocked friend.

MinionZombie
14-Nov-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm with you all the way MZ, my s**tty bollocked friend.

:lol: ROFLBOLLOX, nice. :cool:

I'm too lazy to backtrack right now, but did you guys say that the dude who did FX on The Descent work on this? As well as the 'zombie wrangler' from Shaun of the Dead?

Danny
14-Nov-2006, 08:40 PM

how come people can never just say something sucks they ahve to prepare soething to say first in case people get offended.:rolleyes:

The Alive Man
15-Nov-2006, 12:12 PM
Guys,

I didn't mean to offend the authors of the movie, it's just my view on a merely "esthetical" aspect of the movie... which I consider to be very important (it's a ZOMBIE movie, you know).

Hope to be positively surprised by the final product! Really!

Peace and love.

CornishCorpse
16-Jan-2007, 06:04 PM
Jesus titty ****ing christ. New member here, registered for a few purposes. The first one to ask are there going to be any other showings of TZD? Im guessing I missed the ones in letchworth thats a bitch but I downloaded the trailer and dizzam man. It looks brutal and realistic and best of all from this side of the pond. So any dates for showings or maybe a dvd release date? Usually I await a zombie movie like any other fan..eager but waiting for the failure that alot of the corpse flicks have had currently but Im not waiting for failure Im waiting for a release. Guess I gotta get in line like everyone else here..:mad: