PDA

View Full Version : PS3 delayed till fall of 2006

Enzomatrix
15-Mar-2006, 03:44 AM
damn was i the only one who didnt know this thing was supposed to come out in spring lol.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/695/695693p1.html

DeadJonas190
17-Mar-2006, 04:41 AM
They were telling the press all the way up until last week that it would be a late spring release, while industry analysts were saying it wouldn't be out at least until fall.

I think it's funny that Sony is going to do a world wide lauch, especially since it failed for the 360. Hell, they still cant keep the 360 on store shelves and it has been out 5 months! I also read on either IGN or Gamespot that the 360, as of January 15, still had not sold as many units as the original XBOX did in its first 3 days in Japan... my guess is because of the shortage of units. It is good to see that Sony is going to make the same mistake.

I am preordering my PS3 just so I can sell it on E-Bay at Christmas time when there is a huge shortage of them.

Enzomatrix
17-Mar-2006, 10:23 AM
They were telling the press all the way up until last week that it would be a late spring release, while industry analysts were saying it wouldn't be out at least until fall.

I think it's funny that Sony is going to do a world wide lauch, especially since it failed for the 360. Hell, they still cant keep the 360 on store shelves and it has been out 5 months! I also read on either IGN or Gamespot that the 360, as of January 15, still had not sold as many units as the original XBOX did in its first 3 days in Japan... my guess is because of the shortage of units. It is good to see that Sony is going to make the same mistake.

I am preordering my PS3 just so I can sell it on E-Bay at Christmas time when there is a huge shortage of them.

how much can you usually get by selling a new system on ebay during the holiday season? i still have no idea what the ps3 is going to cost and if its too high id ont see too many folk buying one right away.

p2501
17-Mar-2006, 02:34 PM
my buddy bought two of the xbox 360 combos (console, HD + 2 controllers) for i think $700 a piece. He eBayed them 2 weeks later an made almost three grand.

erisi236
17-Mar-2006, 03:12 PM
my buddy bought two of the xbox 360 combos (console, HD + 2 controllers) for i think $700 a piece. He eBayed them 2 weeks later an made almost three grand.

I don't know if thats funny or sad :rockbrow:

p2501
17-Mar-2006, 03:31 PM
either way it's profitable. i got dinner and two free bottles of rum out of the deal so i'm not compaining.

i'm debating doing this same deal with the ps3. I dunno if i want to take the time thought.

Andy
17-Mar-2006, 04:14 PM
my guess is because of the shortage of units. It is good to see that Sony is going to make the same mistake.

thats actually a trick, MS missed it on the original XBOX but they've done it with the 360.. sony did it with the original PSX, the PSP and the PS2 and no doubt they'll do it with the PS3 :)

the trick is to release it with so few units you cant possibly cover the first order, so people scrabble and fight trying to get one.. by the time your second batch is ready to release, the hype and demand for your product are 10x what they would of been.

Enzomatrix
17-Mar-2006, 05:17 PM
either way it's profitable. i got dinner and two free bottles of rum out of the deal so i'm not compaining.

i'm debating doing this same deal with the ps3. I dunno if i want to take the time thought.

eh it depends on how mcuh they go for if ill try that or not. 3 grand for a 700 dollar purchase isnt a bad deal. but theres a huge risk theres goign to be a flaw in the system. im sure peopel will buy it but id hate to think they make a ton of them and then nobody is in a rush to buy one up so youre stuck with an expensive system with flaws. i cant lie though i really do want a ps3 and may just take a risk on it being flawed to get one but it really depends on how it performs. so i think i may wait to see the reviews on it. besides the ps2 is going to ave plenty of great games on it so it wont be that hard to wait till the price drops.

p2501
17-Mar-2006, 05:40 PM
let me clarify that. "we" bought two units on launch day for $700. he then sold them one for (i think) $1500 the other for $1300.

either way he made a mint, and bought many nice firearms with the booty.

no, i'm confident it'll be a sellout season. do you remeber the fervor with the relauched ps2 units from what 2-3 years ago. it was insane. with all of the media hype, they'll sell. it's just an issue of do i want to get involved.

the more i think about it the more i might. My gamestop is maybe 2 miles from my house. it's almost worth it to reserve two untis, take my finacee with me (because as always it's 1 per customer) and then just resell them in two weeks. i could use the money to finance my trip to the Uk next year.

Enzomatrix
17-Mar-2006, 09:43 PM
let me clarify that. "we" bought two units on launch day for $700. he then sold them one for (i think) $1500 the other for $1300.

either way he made a mint, and bought many nice firearms with the booty.

no, i'm confident it'll be a sellout season. do you remeber the fervor with the relauched ps2 units from what 2-3 years ago. it was insane. with all of the media hype, they'll sell. it's just an issue of do i want to get involved.

the more i think about it the more i might. My gamestop is maybe 2 miles from my house. it's almost worth it to reserve two untis, take my finacee with me (because as always it's 1 per customer) and then just resell them in two weeks. i could use the money to finance my trip to the Uk next year.

did you all buy any extra stuff for the 360's like extra controllers and games and the like or was it just the 360 systems and thats it? if thats the case im with you and may just have to buy a ps3 to see if i can turn around a proffit like that. as long as its not more than 400 it could be worth trying.

p2501
18-Mar-2006, 03:58 AM
we both the combo deals where you got the xbox 2 wireless controlers and the hard drive.

FYI i checked with gamestop this evening they are not taking preorders. nor will they untill the date is set in stone.

Eyebiter
18-Mar-2006, 09:56 PM
Pay 3k for an XBOX 360?

There's a sucker born every minute.

Sometimes it's worth staying a few years behind the technology curve. Rather than spend big bucks on Xbox 360 games, I'd check prices on PS2 and original Xbox games. They are being marked down to make room for the XBOX 360.

Which would you rather have for $70 ?

a)the latest and greatest xbox 360 game

or

b) a dozen or more original Xbox or PS2 games

p2501
20-Mar-2006, 06:36 PM
personlly i'm going with the psp, it's $200 bucks and i'll be able to buy or steal ports of all the old ps1 games.

wort wort

Tri0xin
21-Mar-2006, 04:44 AM
I was looking forward to buying one this spring too!

Typical Sony though. They always make their customers play the waiting game.

DeadJonas190
23-Mar-2006, 04:25 AM
personlly i'm going with the psp, it's $200 bucks and i'll be able to buy or steal ports of all the old ps1 games.

wort wort

THe PSP is still $250 and Sony constantly adds updates to their games that force you to install the latest update in order to play the game. They do that to combat pirating of software because it makes their system look bad, after all, there really are only a couple of games that are any good on it and the rest are mostly ports of old ps1 games. Why pay $250 to play outdated games on a handheld?

how much can you usually get by selling a new system on ebay during the holiday season? i still have no idea what the ps3 is going to cost and if its too high id ont see too many folk buying one right away.
They say it will be no less than $425. Start saving now, I can almost gurantee that they will go for upwards of $1000 just before christmas when there are none available and all the kiddies want them.

CoronaZombie
25-Mar-2006, 03:22 PM
The PSP is an overpriced worthless piece of crap. They're only a few good games for it. If you want a kickass handheld experience you gotta go with a Nintendo DS. The free Wi-Fi connectivity serve is just the tits ya know. Who doesn't want to blow into their microphone to quickly inflate their ballons in mario Kart while frantically searching for weapons and enemies all while trying not to get hit!! It's mayhem!

I also think XBOX360 is a large piece of crap too but thats a long rant. PS3 will be good, but they're making it more than a gaming console. It's meant to eventually replace your computer, stereo, current console, etc. The cureent rumored price tag is between 700 and 1000. I see it being closer to the 700 mark but thats still ludicrous. Really, as far as gaming goes it'll be no different than the PS2, it'll just have really pretty HD graphics. WOW(sarcasm)