PDA

View Full Version : Redundant

Mister Chrome
13-Oct-2006, 04:21 PM
Gary has a dedicated forum for Deadlands already, right?

So why is every news post about Deadlands double posted?

Don't get me wrong, I love Gary, and I'm overjoyed at the success of Deadlands. I also screened early teasers and raw footage at one of the Chicago Horror Film Group sessions, and shared links to Wet n' Wild Radio all over the Internet.

However, I just think it is a bit of an overkill to have every thread about Deadlands in both the dedicated Deadlands forum and the Film makers forum.

Again, I'm not trying to put down anyone or start trouble. But from a promotional perspective, sometimes the producer of a project or people behind a project can actually saturate the audience with promotion so much that the audience gets sick of the project. You'll note this is the case with many great movies - they are still great, but people get sick of hearing about them all the time.

Just my 2 cents.

M.C.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Oct-2006, 05:48 PM
Hey MC,

The only DEADLANDS post in FIlm Discussion is DEADLANDS 2. Everything else is in it's dedicated forum. So I am not following you on the the whole double posted bit.

Only reason DEADLANDS 2 is in FD and not the dedicated forum is because it isn't DEADLANDS: The Rising

SO what are you seeing that I am not. Unless you are seeing moved threads. Which is a possibility but that is beyond the forums control. However, all the DEADLANDS threads were moved to DEADLANDS dedicated forum.

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2006, 07:32 PM
...the hell are you smokin'?

All the Deadlands posts have been moved to the Deadlands forum, as you'll see by the re-direct links on the 3rd page of the filmmakers forum. Every other post in Filmmaker's forum is about other projects - or Deadlands TWO (of which there is just one thread). The Deadlands forum is specifically about Deadlands: The Rising - the first film.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Oct-2006, 10:40 PM
You know something though, when you just view the living dead forums, by clicking the link at the top whatever is posted in D:TR forum, is also listed under FD which might be what he is referring to. Tis a glitch i think. it only happens when a D:TR post is made and reflected as most recent post for the forum. If you post something else in FD it changes it back, but does reflect on both if it is a D:TR post.

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=3

kortick
14-Oct-2006, 02:48 AM
i am proud of the deadlands project
even though i have zero to do with it

and as members of this site we
should do all we can to support it

it is my hope that someone can help to get
financing so they can do a real film
and show the losers in hollywood what a REAL
zombie pic should be

double posts can be annoying though
i will give you that
and i dont think you are trying to be
a jerk about things
i just want to make that clear

Danny
14-Oct-2006, 03:06 AM
yeah exactly, how are these, which i didnt even know were outside the deadlands forum. more annoying than yet another "what weapon would you use and what would you do if a zombie outbreak occured" type threads which pop up every few weeks, at least these are news thats acutally new.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Oct-2006, 04:09 AM
Like I said it is a forum issue.

If you choose to view living dead forums only. And the most recent posts is in DEADLANDS it will show up as most recent through the deadlands board and the film discussion board.

When you click HPotD forum you don't see DEADLANDS forum because it is a sub of film discussion. However, if you choose to only view the Living Dead forums then DEADLANDS shows up in the forum lists just like DD, Dead Remakes, LOTD Traders etc etc. I did a test and when you view Living Dead forums only and the most recent post is in the DEADLANDS forum it will look like it is posted in both places... When it really isn't. That is a forum software glitch.
So you know how we fix this problem...

We move DEADLANDS out of film discussion :D and into the Standard view like Dead remakes Dead discussion Fiction etc etc (Hint Hint) J/K :lol:

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2006, 11:19 AM
lol ... or people could just look before they leap? :smug bastard smiley: :lol:

Adrenochrome
14-Oct-2006, 11:30 AM
i am proud of the deadlands project
even though i have zero to do with it

and as members of this site we
should do all we can to support it

it is my hope that someone can help to get
financing so they can do a real film
and show the losers in hollywood what a REAL
zombie pic should be

AMEN!!!

Andy
14-Oct-2006, 07:56 PM
When you click HPotD forum you don't see DEADLANDS forum because it is a sub of film discussion. However, if you choose to only view the Living Dead forums then DEADLANDS shows up in the forum lists just like DD, Dead Remakes, LOTD Traders etc etc. I did a test and when you view Living Dead forums only and the most recent post is in the DEADLANDS forum it will look like it is posted in both places... When it really isn't. That is a forum software glitch.
So you know how we fix this problem...

We move DEADLANDS out of film discussion :D and into the Standard view like Dead remakes Dead discussion Fiction etc etc (Hint Hint) J/K :lol:

ive added a link on the main page to it, whether it becomes a full forum or remains a sub-forum however, is completely up to neil.