PDA

View Full Version : all about adaption

Danny
13-Oct-2006, 11:49 PM
a freind of mine asked me a question earlier "would you ever adapt a book, comic, game or somethign like that into a film" i wouldnt aim for that but it made me think what would i apat to film i.e write and direct if i had the chance and i think this is a cool idea for a thread ,so here it is, and heres the ones id like to do.

silent hill 2: weren to keen on the movie as the narrative whent way off but the vibe and locals and especially the monsters were totally spot on but i lve the story of the second and the great twist and id love to see this made by (and written unlike the adaption of the first game) by a proper silent hill fan.

stephen kings the dark tower series: this would be something youd be in for the long haul like the harry potter movies but there great books with a really epic scale and i love the whole idea of crossing wild west gunslingers with knights and scorcery in a fantasy -cum- sci-fi tale. with a story arcing between fighting the slow mutants under a mountain to fighting through groups of survivors of a nuclear war to find an insane a.i monorail.
its so varyied and so damn cool i hear its allready in the works for a comic book adaption.

mordheim: for those who dont know this is a tabletop game set in the warhammer universe about a medieval town hit by a meteor ,now labled mordheim the city of the damned and the shards of the metoer are prized items though they cause mutations and plague ranging from hordes fo zombies stalking the ruins to mad mutations, adn from all over bands of mercenarys ranging from vampires to orcs all search the ruins fighting each other but there are a few storys which could become a movie from the capel were the nuns reside that was the only location to survive to the dark lord a malevolent spirit spreading plague in the town, plus theres allways zombie to fall back on:D

midnight nation: a new york detective has his soul stolen by the devil and he has "fallen through the cracks" to the world were forgetten people go and he is slowly becomeing a demon himself he has a few months to reach cicago on "the long walk" to become a man again and regain his soul.

those are all i can think of but i think since most here have or are currently working on a zombie short i wanted to see how people differed in this respect.