PDA

View Full Version : NOTLD books

capncnut
15-Oct-2006, 05:57 AM
A while back when I collected comics and graphic art books, I picked up a few of the NOTLD and NOTLD:London series but never completed them (although I have all but one of NOTLD). I was just wondering if these books are still in print and if not, are they hard to get?

OFTHEDEAD
07-Nov-2006, 10:46 AM
a few years back i got some from this place

milehighcomics.com

Bunker65
07-Nov-2006, 06:20 PM
You can always check eBay for the comics. I found this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/NIGHT-OF-THE-LIVING-DEAD-5-BOOK-LOT-PRELUDE-MINISERIES_W0QQitemZ300045415930QQihZ020QQcategory Z70962QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

capncnut
09-Nov-2006, 02:20 AM
Thanks guys, your information is much appreciated. :)

RazielTalos
03-Jan-2007, 12:06 AM
I once rented an audiobook of NIght Of The Living Dead from the library near my dad in Brooklyn. It was a cassette (shows how old i am lol), and the cover it had a picture of Bill Hinzman after he killed Johny. The audiobook was interesting to say the least, especially when the Karen Cooper turns into a zombie and she says to Helen, "mommy, pick me up" Interesting to say the least. Anyone else ever heard, or heard of, this?

coma
03-Jan-2007, 12:46 AM
I once rented an audiobook of NIght Of The Living Dead from the library near my dad in Brooklyn. It was a cassette (shows how old i am lol), and the cover it had a picture of Bill Hinzman after he killed Johny. The audiobook was interesting to say the least, especially when the Karen Cooper turns into a zombie and she says to Helen, "mommy, pick me up" Interesting to say the least. Anyone else ever heard, or heard of, this?
Yes and it was the exact same copy! They NYPL only has one:D
Small World!

RazielTalos
03-Jan-2007, 10:33 PM
Yes and it was the exact same copy! They NYPL only has one:D
Small World!

Holy crap! I should ask my dad to look at his library and see if its still there, and see what he can do about buying it lol. Id love to have that in my collection

coma
04-Jan-2007, 12:37 AM
Holy crap! I should ask my dad to look at his library and see if its still there, and see what he can do about buying it lol. Id love to have that in my collection
Why dont you take it out it and rip it and leave it for others to discover the way you and I did.:eek:
Dont be greedy, dude. :)

RazielTalos
04-Jan-2007, 01:02 AM
of course man, but id steal the original for myself tho:elol:

Yojimbo
11-Feb-2007, 09:39 PM

I have this someplace in my pile of junk at home. I'll try to dig it up. What I remember is this version of the story actually made the race of Ben an issue in the house. That is to say that there was some dialogue between Cooper and Ben where Cooper makes clear that a source of friction between them was the fact that Ben was African-American. This disturbed me, since the Romero version had no such issue, but made the problems between Ben and Harry a simple matter of both of them competing for the same top-dog status.

kortick
12-Feb-2007, 01:08 AM
yeah
I got a few copies of that cassette thing

i worked in a book store and they were in the 99cent bin

so grabbed all of them

they are in a box in my garage

if you really want one let me know
i dont go into the garage much

axlish
12-Feb-2007, 02:20 AM
Just download the audiobook, courtesy of Homepageofthedead :)

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/notld_simonschuster.zip

Huescacho
12-Feb-2007, 02:30 AM
Thank you for the link!. It's cool!.

capncnut
12-Feb-2007, 03:44 AM
Noice! :cool:

zombieslayer
23-Feb-2007, 05:27 AM
yeah
I got a few copies of that cassette thing

i worked in a book store and they were in the 99cent bin

so grabbed all of them

they are in a box in my garage

if you really want one let me know
i dont go into the garage much

do you still have any night on tape, if so, how much would you be willing to sell one for. i've been looking for it since i heard about it on here in the bits&peices section.

DrSiN
27-Feb-2007, 01:00 PM
I have the Night of the Living Dead London comics.. they are pretty good.

capncnut
27-Feb-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree. A lot of folks criticised the artwork but I think it's suitably messy. :D

DVW5150
27-Feb-2007, 01:55 PM
Its very interesting ... Johnny missed his line though ... Barbara also has the mouth of a trucker , which changes her character abit . It seems to be a variation on the story , still all in all , is a good show . :skull:

coma
28-Feb-2007, 03:24 PM
I have the Night of the Living Dead London comics.. they are pretty good.
I thought it was excellent but I could never find issue 2.
I liked the artwork alot. It was "suitably messy" and fit the subject.

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 03:26 AM
Other than the film adaptation and the London story, were there any other NOTLD comic books?