PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the most realistic video game ever?

Andy
21-Feb-2006, 05:43 PM
Check this (http://209.0.146.17/10/graphics/movies/Real_zombies1.wmv) out!

Neil
21-Feb-2006, 09:34 PM
OK.. That seems VERY scary! He could of had a heart attack or something!

idsaluteyoubub
21-Feb-2006, 09:43 PM
I remember seeing this a few weeks back. Supposedly the guy that created it is some famous Brit magician of some sort.

I would love to have been the subject for that one!

axlish
21-Feb-2006, 09:47 PM
That was pretty cool. Was it real?

Neil
21-Feb-2006, 09:48 PM
I remember seeing this a few weeks back. Supposedly the guy that created it is some famous Brit magician of some sort.

I would love to have been the subject for that one!

http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/

Cereval
22-Feb-2006, 11:51 PM
Check this (http://209.0.146.17/10/graphics/movies/Real_zombies1.wmv) out!

Being the everloving skeptic I am ...

Why were his friends immediately so cooperative? Were they put up to it?
What if he'd been carrying a real firearm? Or if he's a martial artist?
If you were in such a situation, wouldn't you realize that what you're firing is, in fact, compressed air from a paintball gun and not an actual weapon?

Don't get me wrong though ... this was a rather badass little stunt. :evil:

Neil
23-Feb-2006, 06:51 AM
What if he'd been carrying a real firearm?

This is the UK we're talking about :)

MinionZombie
23-Feb-2006, 07:24 PM
Couldn't be arsed to check the link, but I figure this must be the Derron Brown thing with the pub arcade machine and the guy being put to 'sleep' and then finds himself 'in' the game. It was pretty cool, the whole thing would be set up from the start - like with the guy's friends anyway - and he didn't know what was going on - that was how I took it. One of the better Derron Brown things, he's done various acts, some were okay, others were lame - the whole Russian roulette one sucked, an hour of lead-up to see naff all happen.

It was like with the "Death Wish Live!" week on E4 over here in the UK, only saw bits, and one had a huge lead up to a guy trying to escape from cuffs before getting hung by his neck - he didn't uncuff in time and was hung...for about 5 seconds...but it was weird to watch, a bunch of whingers obviously complained...

What was I on about? Oh yeah, Derron Brown 'real zombies'...*distracted* get lost Darlene, you horrible and manipulative cow, about time Craig woke up from being whipped! ("Hollyoaks"...on in background...such a poorly written/edited show...)

Erm...take that Darlene! haha!

a1150
24-Feb-2006, 11:41 AM
I suspect the "victim" was most likeley in on the trick as well as his mates, after all, IIRC he was using a paintball gun, but none of the zombies were wearing eye protection! If Derren had picked any member of this forum for his little stunt, surley the zombie actors would all be in hospital from severe facial bruising and damaged eyes from all those headshots!:dead:

erisi236
24-Feb-2006, 02:56 PM
ouch!

Andy
01-Apr-2006, 11:44 PM
im reviving this thread cuz i think its cool :p

and there's been so many new members since this was posted :p

axlish
02-Apr-2006, 12:22 AM
I was just thinking about this earlier today. Sign me up for this experiment!

Eyebiter
02-Apr-2006, 03:32 AM
No kidding, swing that paintball gun like an axe.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:BPNOVE9s8AP2yM:www.lehmans.com/images/us/local/products/detail/12450.f.jpg

Philly_SWAT
02-Apr-2006, 03:49 AM
Yes, it seems as it is almost common knowledge, even amonst non-zombie fans, that to kill the zombie you have to shoot it in the head. I remember the first time I ever played House of the Dead in the arcade, I was only going for head shots, which was unnecesary in the game. WHy didnt the guy shoot ANY zed in the head? Also, how the hell does some flashing lights make you go unconscious, but you still stand? Cool idea, but somehow I dont see how if was a legit trick.

Danny
02-Apr-2006, 10:11 AM
daren browns been proven a fake before, like that shooting himself roulette one.

but its still good, though that link isnt working for me so heres an alternative.

http://www.alldumb.com/item/11984/

Andy
02-Apr-2006, 07:14 PM
oh come on all magicians are fakes :shifty:

thats what magic is.. the art of illusion (making you think you've seen something which hasn't really occured or is impossible).

never thought i'd be having to explain this to guys of your age :rolleyes:

its still cool :p

thecoldwarrior
04-Apr-2006, 04:36 AM
i am extreamly jelious of that guy!!! even if the whole thing is fake, that was friggin saweeet!!! I mean dam!!!

Danny
04-Apr-2006, 10:14 AM
oh come on all magicians are fakes :shifty:

thats what magic is.. the art of illusion (making you think you've seen something which hasn't really occured or is impossible).

i agree but you wouldnt want to say it in front of any wiccan stores and i did the dr evil hand quotes as i said that, all i did was say "and all that one with mother earth bollox" adn a bunch of girls accosted me with cande
les.

p2501
04-Apr-2006, 03:16 PM
i'm siding with Cereval on this. a couple things stand out about this that indicate blatant fraud.

A) the "victim" is operating a low tech paintball weapon. it's a pistol configuration, with the long cylindrical object extending from it's rear being a storage tank for compressed air. more telling it the fact the weapon lacks an external "hopper" or "magazine" for extended shot capacity.

without a hopper, the "victim's" gun at best had a 10 shot capacity, and i'm being generous with that figure. so at some point during the action we saw he would of had to reload.

2) none of the zombies were wearing facial protection. sorry but anyone that's operated a paint ball weapon, or better yet operated any device capable of launching projectiles, would tell you eye coverings are a must.

from a liability standpoint there is no way, the organizer could have either gaurenteed the "zombies" safety without providing them this level of protection. or that the "victim" wouldn't have gone for head shots.

Q) the "victim's" friends were far to apathetic in regards to all of this.

sorry but this seems like a fake.