PDA

View Full Version : Irreversible

capncnut
16-Oct-2006, 05:46 AM
About two years ago I went and saw a film in London called Irreversible which was on a double bill with Ivans XTC. Talk about blown away! I've acquired them both on dvd recently and regard them among the best. Any thoughts?

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2006, 10:48 AM
I recently downloaded it, haven't watched it yet as I can't get the downloaded subtitles to work (if anyone knows, ONLY PM me, lol) ... but I flicked through some bits of it and aye it does look like a very good film - much better than Baise Moi (which I bought on DVD a couple of years ago).

The bit where that guy gets his head smashed in with a fire extinguisher - needless to say I hadn't seen anything quite like that before in a film!

The cinematography of Irreversible as well - wow. I must get around to watching it properly from start to finish, rather than skipping through without understanding what anyone's saying.

capncnut
16-Oct-2006, 03:19 PM
I must get around to watching it properly from start to finish...

Do so MZ, you wont be disappointed. Check out Ivans XTC too.

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2006, 07:04 PM
What's the jist of Ivans XTC? Don't give anything away, just the jist of what it's about...

capncnut
16-Oct-2006, 07:08 PM
High flying movie agent, cocaine, prostitutes, shot on digital camera, very documentary-like, got Peter Weller in it, amazing.