PDA

View Full Version : "District 13" - Hollywood watch and learn...

Neil
17-Oct-2006, 09:43 PM
Action - CGI not required...

OK, it's leave your brain at the door stuff, but it's worth it :)

capncnut
17-Oct-2006, 10:10 PM
I saw this in Blockbuster the other day and was put off by the Assault On Precinct 13 remake logo rip-off.

Neil
18-Oct-2006, 05:54 PM
Hire out Forest Gump before anything else!

capncnut
18-Oct-2006, 07:43 PM
"Lahfe is lahke a bowx o' choclites"...nah, I think I'll pass on that one matey! :D

Neil
18-Oct-2006, 09:38 PM
"Lahfe is lahke a bowx o' choclites"...nah, I think I'll pass on that one matey! :D

Probably for the best...

MinionZombie
20-Oct-2006, 11:06 AM
Cool, I'll check it out sometime, that Parkur stuff sure looks crazy - did you see the Top Gear feature they did with (possibly) a Peugeot, driven by James May. He was racing two Parkur people through Liverpool and they won.

Well, The Transporter was brain-leaving stuff, but the action was hot stuff, so I reckon I'll like District 13. Indeed, in this day and age it's kinda funny, and ironic, that real action is now more spectacular than the CGI stuff, which was brought on to make things more spectacular than real life. Now we've gone the other way. Great isn't it? :)

bassman
20-Oct-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, The Transporter was brain-leaving stuff, but the action was hot stuff, so I reckon I'll like District 13. Indeed, in this day and age it's kinda funny, and ironic, that real action is now more spectacular than the CGI stuff, which was brought on to make things more spectacular than real life. Now we've gone the other way. Great isn't it? :)

The first "Transporter" was pretty cool. But the sequel.:confused: I mean...dude somehow flips his car through the air, hits a crane hook, and it knocks off a bomb on the bottom of his car that is about the size of a toaster.

Not only that, he also crashes a jet plane into the ocean at full speed, without being harnessed in, and manages to swim away.:rolleyes:

The stunts were a bit cheesey. Even for that sort of film.:p

I'll keep an eye out for "District 13"

MinionZombie
20-Oct-2006, 12:35 PM
True, Transporter 1 was good action ... Transporter 2 (especially with that scrawny "model" they had barely dressed throughout *sheesh*) was just utter pants.