PDA

View Full Version : Night Of The Living Dead Teaser Trailer

livingdeadboy
17-Oct-2006, 11:52 PM
Nothing overly exciting, but still worth the watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZtlmyHVeQ4

Fulcifan91
17-Oct-2006, 11:59 PM
Looks very cool. Your trailers always remind me of something I would actually see on TV, very profesisonal, well done.

Danny
18-Oct-2006, 12:18 AM
not bad for a teaser, and just out of curiosity what camera are you using to film that cus i got a canon mv 900 t'uther day and i just wanted a comparison with something.

livingdeadboy
18-Oct-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm using a panasonic 3CCD camera

capncnut
18-Oct-2006, 01:10 AM
I would probably go and see something like this, even though there are many remakes out there already.

Danny
18-Oct-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm using a panasonic 3CCD camera

ok dj, mz this and the canon mv900 which is more or less top of the line?:confused:

axlish
18-Oct-2006, 02:33 AM
His is better, yours is only one CCD. I'm not sure which 3CCD model he has, but the cheapest 3CCD model is around a G last time I looked.

Fulcifan91
18-Oct-2006, 10:18 AM
Yes, anything 3CCD will be better than something with 1CCD chip.

MinionZombie
18-Oct-2006, 01:13 PM
True enough, but like I said a while ago Hellsing, I had a similar camera for 2 years and it does you well for experimenting and working your way up the ladder.

A beasty camera with 3CCD and a shedload of bells and whistles is the next step afterwards once you're over the initial hurdle of early to mid-range experimentation.

LDB - kick ass trailer. How did you get that juddery "Saving Private Ryan" look to those shots battling the zombie through the car window? Also, what model of Panasonic have you got? I've got the DVX100BE myself (lol, any excuse, I loves it ... my precioussssssss).

livingdeadboy
18-Oct-2006, 01:25 PM
True enough, but like I said a while ago Hellsing, I had a similar camera for 2 years and it does you well for experimenting and working your way up the ladder.

A beasty camera with 3CCD and a shedload of bells and whistles is the next step afterwards once you're over the initial hurdle of early to mid-range experimentation.

LDB - kick ass trailer. How did you get that juddery "Saving Private Ryan" look to those shots battling the zombie through the car window? Also, what model of Panasonic have you got? I've got the DVX100BE myself (lol, any excuse, I loves it ... my precioussssssss).

This is the type of cam I am using - http://www.110220volts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NV-GS250

As for the Saving Private Ryan type of look, I just set my preferences so all my footage gets imported at 25 fps. So I get that jittery look, and I color corrected the footage as well...not to mention I shook the hell out of the camera when I shot the scene.

bassman
18-Oct-2006, 01:45 PM
Looks good. Got a little happy with the bird sound effects though, didn't ya?;)

livingdeadboy
18-Oct-2006, 01:50 PM
yes...i love the birds...i love all the happy birds:shifty:

axlish
18-Oct-2006, 05:31 PM
Like I said, around a G :)

Hellsing, what you have now is more than adequite for a beginner film-maker. miniDV is much better than what the early "Camcorder Coppolla's" were using in the mid-80's through late 90's.

Danny
18-Oct-2006, 05:32 PM

and the hurdle of saving up that much damn money to afford one of them, next up im aiming for a canon gl2 i think i can never remember the name.

livingdeadboy
20-Oct-2006, 02:47 PM
and the hurdle of saving up that much damn money to afford one of them, next up im aiming for a canon gl2 i think i can never remember the name.

The Canon XL2 is a good camera, I highly recomend the Panasonic DVX 100 instead though. I have used both cameras, I personally prefer the panasonic to the canon. The 24 fps feature on the panasonic looks much more like film then the XL2.

MinionZombie
20-Oct-2006, 06:13 PM
Agreed, the DVX100 is certainly something to aim for, but it'd require a fair wodge-o-cash. The only way I could afford it was by using my whole inheritence from last year - at least got something good out of a bad event that I really needed and can really use.

lol, I'd forgotten about the "cinelike" modes on the DVX100B - must put a reminder to try them out for a sequence I have planned for I Am Zombie Man 2 ... noiiice.

livingdeadboy
23-Oct-2006, 04:28 PM
I've started posting blogs about Night Of The Living Dead here - Site (http://web.mac.com/reesterfx/iWeb/Site%205)

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 10:01 PM
Great. I'm really digging the overall tone of the trailer, just looks so damn dark and steely. I'll pop in from time to time and check how the progress is dude. :)

Danny
24-Oct-2006, 01:35 AM
Agreed, the DVX100 is certainly something to aim for, but it'd require a fair wodge-o-cash. The only way I could afford it was by using my whole inheritence from last year - at least got something good out of a bad event that I really needed and can really use.

lol, I'd forgotten about the "cinelike" modes on the DVX100B - must put a reminder to try them out for a sequence I have planned for I Am Zombie Man 2 ... noiiice.

"were does he get all his wonderful toys?":D

HLS
11-Nov-2006, 08:59 PM
Awesome trailor. Looks like a winner. I am with CapnSpalding. I want to see it. I shy away from things that been remade many times but it looks refreshing.