PDA

View Full Version : Romero starts principal photography on "Diary of the Dead"

Neil
19-Oct-2006, 09:33 PM
October 18, 2006, Toronto - Nearly 40 years after he re-invented the horror genre with "Night of the Living Dead", George A. Romero's "Diary of the Dead" began production yesterday in Toronto, Ontario. Filming will take place in and around the GTA for the next several weeks.

Talk more about this film on the dedicated forum (forum.homepageofthedead.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27).

"Diary of the Dead" marks Romero's first independently financed zombie film in over two decades. Written and directed by Romero and produced by Romero-Grunwald Productions and Artfire Films, "Diary of the Dead" returns to the beginning of the living dead outbreak - telling the story of a group of student filmmakers who document their deadly encounters with ravenous flesh-eaters just as the world is first plunged into chaos. The film will showcase Romero's renowned sense of diabolical humour mixed with biting social commentary while utilizing the latest in filmmaking technologies to document the rising of the dead!

"Diary of the Dead" stars:-
Joshua Close ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose", "K19: The Widowmaker")
Michelle Morgan ("Alien Fire")
Shawn Roberts ("Cheaper By The Dozen 2", "X-Men")
Joe Dinicol ("Weirdsville")
Phillip Riccio ("Rent-A-Goalie")
Scott Wentworth ("Elizabeth Rex").

capncnut
19-Oct-2006, 09:45 PM
The ball is rolling... :elol:

Cody
19-Oct-2006, 11:58 PM
I kinda miss him doing his filing in PA

Mikey
22-Oct-2006, 04:36 PM
Now it starts.

Spider Rico
22-Oct-2006, 05:47 PM
Back to the basics. Nice.

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if everybody has mistaken this thread for the three word story. :D

The Alive Man
04-Dec-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if everybody has mistaken this thread for the three word story. :D

Maybe they did.

Marauder
20-Dec-2006, 03:56 PM
This sounds a lot like the plot for the movie based on Max Brook's World War Z that will be coming out. Taking place as it happened by the people who experienced it. anyone else see any similarity?