PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Ride...

Neil
20-Oct-2006, 07:59 PM
OK, Xzibit (US version) is relaxed, cool and fun to watch...

Westwood (UK version), with his fake attitude and accent, is a twat...

capncnut
20-Oct-2006, 08:43 PM
Completely agreed, Westwood is a t**t! I'm totally amazed at how he got the job I mean, WTF! I watched a lot of the US series and Xzibit rules the school as far as I'm concerned.

axlish
20-Oct-2006, 08:52 PM
Xzibit is a rather good host and adds to the show with his wit. Never seen the UK guy.

By the way CapnSpaulding, I love the Sam Seed avatar.

Danny
20-Oct-2006, 09:14 PM
westwood is a **** and i dont use that word lightly and never say it in conversation he's like 45 and claims hes "gangsta".

*shakes head smiley* oh dear oh dear oh dear...

capncnut
20-Oct-2006, 10:25 PM
By the way CapnSpaulding, I love the Sam Seed avatar.

He is rather groovy, I must admit. I wonder how long I'll keep him for? :sneaky:

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh geez, you've hit the nail on the head there Neil.

USA Pimp My Ride is not too bad of a programme (although the latest season is a bit "hmmm" as they seem to have ditched West Coast Customs, but kept Mad Mike :eek:), and Xzibit does make a good host for such a programme.

Also, something I like about the USA version - the person having their "ride" "pimped" is always rather deserving. A hard working college kid, or someone who looks after a sick relative, something like that, yet drive around in a sh*tbag car (surely some of that has to be exagerated, I saw one which was almost literally a shell with wheels! :rockbrow:).

The UK version should be renamed "Chav My Ride". It's never anyone that deserving, their car isn't that bad, the pimpers are Lahndahn wideboys (and girl) with dodgy hair cuts and then there's Westwood ... oh dear, oh dear. Does he have brain damage, or hasn't he noticed he's a scrawny, lanky, too-tall white boy and not a muscled up gangsta rapper from Compton? The guy makes me sick just for that, in fact, all skinny white boys being "all black" just makes me embarrassed to be white, and in fact, embarrassed to be human...

Also ... when they get their door knocked on and come out ... what a bleedin' set up, I'd like to see someone come out all chilled out and just shake their hand politely, ha!

Cody
22-Oct-2006, 02:51 AM
never seen the UK version but the US version is kinda corny, the first season was the best but now the new ones are like....wtf???

Danny
22-Oct-2006, 02:53 AM
though its all well and good to badmouth the uk version they did turn a hursts rear into a cinema:D

capncnut
22-Oct-2006, 04:56 AM
though its all well and good to badmouth the uk version they did turn a hursts rear into a cinema:D

Wow, I must have missed that one!

Slain
22-Oct-2006, 07:56 AM
Pimp My Ride is wacked. A $500 car with a zillion dollars custom work is still a $500 car in my book. If they were to replace or rebuild the engines & transmissions of the car they did it would be a different story.

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2006, 10:49 AM
Something I don't like about PMR - some of the ridiculous features they add to a car - like monitors on the OUTSIDE of the car (yep, they'll be stolen within 24 hours) or a flatbed that flips up with a zillion monitors in them - geez, keep them inside and use a few bigger ones.

I'd love to see how some of these crazy modded car owners actually live with their new car...

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 02:09 AM
I'd love to see how some of these crazy modded car owners actually live with their new car...

That would be a whole new show, "Sold My Ride". Hehe. :D