PDA

View Full Version : Clive Barker writes Hellraiser remake

zombie04
21-Oct-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7485

Normally I don't like remakes of this sort, but this sounds great. But what I really want is for Barker to do a direct sequel to the first Candyman.

MikePizzoff
21-Oct-2006, 05:39 PM
I love Pinhead and the other cenobites, but I feel Hellraiser is just so damn boring. I hope the remake is better.

I love Candyman, though! What a truely chilling movie. One of the greats.

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2006, 06:01 PM
Hmmm...at least Barker himself is penning the script - hopefully it should therefore be a decent flick, but *sigh*, another remake? Can't we just leave them alone already? I'd much rather see some new stuff, especially indie-level films - or at least stuff shot on small budgets (I'm looking forward to seeing "Feast" for example).

I like the low budget squishiness of the original Hellraiser. I've really only managed to watch the movie once (likewise for the sequel ... it wasn't a good idea to watch it whilst having my lunch, the maggot arm scene put me right off my food in a snap).

Indeed, Candyman (although having only seen it once so far) was frickin' fantastic, so well made and truly scary, very, very, very creepy.

Well ... at least Barker's heavily involved, that's all I can say. Now all we need is a director who isn't some punk kid who's graduated from music videos...

capncnut
21-Oct-2006, 10:09 PM
Not wishing to reiterate any of the above but WHY is this being remade? Thank god Clive Barker is on the team, it might do a little to prevent this lack of originality from falling into Blockbuster's bargain bin!

zombie04
21-Oct-2006, 10:27 PM
I think it's being remade because Barker was looking to make another Hellraiser but was frustrated with all the sequels after Hellbound that he just decided remaking it was a better idea.

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2006, 10:53 PM
It'd be better to do a Batman Begins type thing and just re-start, rather than remake, the series - as if the other films didn't happen - or as if most of them didn't happen anyway.

A reboot/restart to a series is much better and more exciting - a true re-visioning - than just a remake, especially when it's nothing but remakes. There's even more out there than many think, a few times some movie has come out that I had no idea was based on some foreign film or an earlier American film I'd not heard of. It's ridiculous, remaking has gotten out of control - roll on the 3-D craze, we need a change. I'd rather see Night of the Living Dead (68) in some cash-in 3-D capable DVD release than Hellraiser 2008.

The low budget, and resultant gritty quality, is part of what makes Hellraiser so scary and freak-out-inducing.

_liam_
21-Oct-2006, 11:03 PM
first remake in a long time that i find in any way promising! although what''s wrong with the original, it isn't even that old.

Danny
22-Oct-2006, 02:54 AM
yeah i agree with the pennywise above, no way does this need rmeaking, ever.:barf: