PDA

View Full Version : Day Remake TRAILER!!!

Pages : [1] 2

sirjacktorrance
22-Oct-2006, 10:53 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

somebody still thinks this movie is gonna be the next dawn 04? no way guys... ī
thereīis the direct to video looks like trailerr for CRAP OF THE DEAD!!!

http://www.nuimage.net/film_library_detail.asp?fid={AEDDC72E-44BE-40DB-B9E9-E17CF94B08FA} <-- Seems to have been removed!

Instead use this local HPotD copy: Right-Click and 'Save As' (www.homepageofthedead.com/media/NuDayofDead.mov) (to store the file on your local machine)

Cody
22-Oct-2006, 11:04 PM
WHAT???!?!! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DAY OF THE DEAD!!!! Atleast Dawn 04 HAD SIMILAR plot. WTF?? IM PI$$ED this is sh!t

EvilNed
23-Oct-2006, 01:51 AM
"It's a bad day to be a zombie." Uh? What?

Anyway, the film looks like an actionfilm. With zombies.

Cody
23-Oct-2006, 01:53 AM
but the point is you cant remake a movie that involves zombies and have nothing to do with the original

am I by myself on this issue

jim102016
23-Oct-2006, 02:13 AM
Ok, all the bad comments I made BEFORE this trailer came out.....I no longer feel guilty about not giving it the benefit of the doubt. This looks worse than something that can be found on the SciFi channel. Honestly, it looks AWFUL! I think I will come out of the theater thinking Dawn 04' was better.

What a @#$%Q@#$%@#$^@#$&$&#%^%^#$%^#$%^#$%!!!!!!!

livingdeadboy
23-Oct-2006, 03:54 AM
interesting...i think, thats a totally different take on things. I mean ****, i knew it would be different...but damn

creepntom
23-Oct-2006, 04:07 AM
for the love of l ron muhameed christ,

some of you expect too damn much. it didn't look that bad. it definitly didn't look like something the lame ass sci fi channel made, considering i seen no lame CGI graphics. from what i've read about this, they're not trying remake the original frame for frame (unlike the omen :rolleyes: ), just trying to show what happens in a day of the outbreak. the only thing i seen wrong was that the zombies looked liked runners, which i'm not fond of, but i'm not going to discredit the movie over it.

if you wanna-be Eberts think you can do better, have at it. i hope you can take the same criticism that you dish out.

TripleRex
23-Oct-2006, 04:43 AM
I thought it looked horrible. No where near as good as the Dawn remake. When I saw the trailer for Dawn '04, I couldn't wait to see it! This one made me go "meh."

if you wanna-be Eberts think you can do better, have at it. i hope you can take the same criticism that you dish out.

What are you? One of the producers? News flash: we're not professional film makers so telling us to do better is like telling the arm chair quarter back to do better if he complains about a team. Stupid.

creepntom
23-Oct-2006, 05:18 AM
nope, not a producer, but some of you bitch & moan when the movie isn't what YOU want it to be. you don't have to agree with how the movie was made to accept it as it was made. heaven forbid someone do a movie the way they wanted to do it. it's one thing to ask "why'd they do this?'' or "why didn't they do that?". it's another to say "i'd have done this." well, remake it your way then. otherwise, stfu & get over it. whining about it isn't going to make the director change his "vision" of the film. do you really think he gives a flip what someone he'll never meet or be aquainted with opinion is, honestly? if you really want to prove your point, don't go see it. problem solved

BTW, some people on here ARE film makers, or at the least, trying to be.

Blair
23-Oct-2006, 06:07 AM
That's all I have to say:(

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 06:50 AM
Again, another glossy turd to chow down on. :barf:

Moon Knight
23-Oct-2006, 06:52 AM
Yeah, this looks bad. From the super agile zombies screaming like godzilla, to that horrible dialogue. I dont mind remakes as long as there good, but this....looks....really....bad. :dead:

DeadCentral
23-Oct-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm completely on the fence on this...I watched the trailer once...I did speak with the writer,as most of you know and he's enthused about his story....
It is still in production and this probably isn't the theatrical version but a rough draft of the theatrical...
I also recall many similar reactions to the Dawn 04 trailer....I'm not particularly fond of what I've seen, don't like runners either....but I will have to see it to make a final call....

sirjacktorrance
23-Oct-2006, 10:17 AM
camond! thereīs plenty of "perfect looking tennagers"all the way. donīt feel nothing like a serious zombie movie. the dawn remake almost has a 70īs vibe and actor over 30 years old. the dialoges seems to be terrible. and.. what can you teel about the "sex escene"??itīsīlame. i want to know where is the ******n bunker and how many time the movie will get to put the characters in. i want a scritp review or something.

ssbib
23-Oct-2006, 11:25 AM
I think it looks alright. It looks different enough to be a good film. I got the impression it was just gonna be a straight remake of Day, which lets face it doesn't need to happen. At least this is different enough to be a stand alone movie. I'm interested in seeing the Zombie Outbreak from the Army's point of view, I'm actually lookin forward to this now.

MinionZombie
23-Oct-2006, 12:07 PM
MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!

*clutches bleeding eyeballs*

My vision has been raped!!! :eek:

Like I've always said, that'll be a complete and utter, total 100% sh*tfest. I thought it was going to be atrocious just hearing about it, now seeing the trailer it's going to even exceed my extremely poor expectations of this lump of crap.

"Bad day to be a zombie" pretty much sums up this whole thing. And see the trailer, how the hell is this movie a remake of Day of the Dead?! At least Yawn04 had a mall ... and speaking of Yawn04 (and being the guy who coined the term "Yawn04"), I'd rather bow down and lick the shaft of Yawnorama2004 than watch this heap of sh*t ... okay, well I'll probably attempt to watch Day07 just so I can add a new list of things I can take the piss of.

Ving Rhames, American Pie/Beauty chick ... everyone else involved in it ... kiss your careers goodbye, it certainly is far from worthy of including on a CV.

And the zombies ... *sigh* ... they look like crap, they have demon eyes, they shriek and leap across rooms. And straight away with some sex, followed by impossibly youthful army folk who have blatantly never seen combat, let alone training with those good looks and immaculate skin. It's like 'American Pie's Army' ... oh the crapitude.

If only GAR had been a better businessman and not been screwed over so many times in terms of rights...*sigh*...the poor guy must be deep down gutted that his work is being raped in such a way.

Still - the original Day of the Dead has NOTHING to worry about. Like with all remakes - the original (and 99% of the time, better) film follows it around like a shadow - "a remake of the original classic" is a line we all know rather well by now.

Day of the Remake can 'suck a f*ck' and sh*t off.

Anyone willing to drop any money on this film (e.g. cinema ticket) has gotta be out of their minds.

One more thing - AGAIN WITH THE OVERCOOKED "BEGINNING OF" CRAP!!! :mad:

bassman
23-Oct-2006, 01:53 PM
I can't say that I'm surprised. This will probably end up making alot of money off of the youngsters, though.

Whew. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait until I see it. But damn......

Deadman_Deluxe
23-Oct-2006, 02:26 PM
the dawn remake almost has a 70īs vibe

Say what?

ssbib
23-Oct-2006, 02:31 PM
Woah, you guys are not looking forward to this new film one bit. I've just learned to look at each of these new Zombie films as a stand alone film in its own right. Try not to compare it George's work because NOTHING will ever be good if you judge by those standards.

Cody
23-Oct-2006, 02:32 PM
it smells of resident evil all over again, except with a few more zombie scenes

Graebel
23-Oct-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh......:(

Oh........:( :(

Maybe if I pretend that I didn't see that......and hope for some seriously better editing before release.:confused:

Philly_SWAT
23-Oct-2006, 03:47 PM
nope, not a producer, but some of you bitch & moan when the movie isn't what YOU want it to be. you don't have to agree with how the movie was made to accept it as it was made. heaven forbid someone do a movie the way they wanted to do it. it's one thing to ask "why'd they do this?'' or "why didn't they do that?". it's another to say "i'd have done this." well, remake it your way then. otherwise, stfu & get over it. whining about it isn't going to make the director change his "vision" of the film. do you really think he gives a flip what someone he'll never meet or be aquainted with opinion is, honestly? if you really want to prove your point, don't go see it. problem solved

BTW, some people on here ARE film makers, or at the least, trying to be.
I think the point that people are making (consciencously or unconsciencously) is not that a film maker shouldnt be able to make whatever kind of film they want, regardless of what you or I or anyone thinks it should be, but that a film maker shouldnt glom off the name of another film in order to make more profits and/or bring attention to his film. I mean, if I want to make a movie about the Mafia, but kind of a comedy, with slapstick music and a big pie fight scene at the end, I absolutely should have the right to. But it seems dishonest at the very least to call my movie "The Godfather" in an effort to fool viewers into thinking it has anything to do with the Francis Ford Coppola classic.

coma
23-Oct-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow, boning scene, stoopid dialouge, too pretty actors, Ving Rhmaes doinf the same character he always does, fling zombies. Steve Miner seems to be using the Friday the 13th formula here. I have never seen army girls who look like that. and Nick Cannon is soooo smoooth:confused: . Whats with the Knfe scene and the nerdy kid?!?!
Another crap fest, that I'll endure no matter how ****e I'm reasonably sure it'll be. Ya gotta have hope:p

Also, I'm not so much a zombie movie fan as a GAR fan. If some one remakes what is, imo, a classic film and craps all over it, I'm going to crap all over them.

and I agrre, PhillySwat, completely. These people are leeches.
Over the years when I refer to the unitiated to my love of Dawn and NOTLD etc, they always thought I was talking about Return of the living Dead. A fun series that really shouldn;t inpsire love and ispiration in anyone. Now they would think I mean Yawn04 and this turd. I wont even try to mention or explain because it would be embarrasing and make me seem like a total knob.

Woah, you guys are not looking forward to this new film one bit. I've just learned to look at each of these new Zombie films as a stand alone film in its own right. Try not to compare it George's work because NOTHING will ever be good if you judge by those standards.
Then dont call it a reimagining (duh) or remake and use the title. It INVITES comparason. If it was called "Dumb ass Zombie Hollywood Junk" I probably would be more magnanamous, but it's not. Its called day of the Dead.
I would ask them
"Just what the hell are you doing with my time?"

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 05:27 PM
well there won't really be a bunker, and from what i read the story takes place over a 24 hour period... hence DAY of the DEAD title. The writer actually made the story fit the title, but I am not liking what my eyeballs are seeing.

The "BadDay To Be a Zombie" line, and Ving's acting in the scene... What's wrong with these people? Just scream horrid.

Looks like taurus, even though not full involved has brought another turd to the masses. Even though Nu Image is releasing it, Jim Dudelsonmynuttleson seems to have put his stink all over this.

I will have to see another teaser before I completely blast this anymore. However, what I watched made LAND look like it was Oscar caliber material. :p

p2501
23-Oct-2006, 06:31 PM
a couple things.

1) creepntom your a ****ing retard. your on a fansite for the Romero series, better yet on a web board about the remakes on said fansite. and complaining about the direction of fan conjecture in response towards a blatantly unprofessional trailer. for a remake that has nothing to do with the source material beyond a surface scrape.

seriously,
your
a
retard.

2) that was without a doubt one of the worst film trailers, i've seen. period.

3) i'll bet your right now the ending to the film will be:

after fighting their way out of town, the survivors will discover that the infection they fought so hard to contain has spread through unseen means, and now the entire country/planet/MMORPG is infected.

CUE ending raprock song and a lead in to Day of the Dead 2" The Bub-ening.

4) also way to rip off the resident evil plot line of Evil Biomedical corp + random "research" = zombies.

5) zombies can no longer just run, now they can do Le Parkour, and basic grappeling. thems some skilled zoms right dere. maybe we can get them to fight Ortiz on UFC next season......

6) the official tag line should be Day of the Dead: full of fail.

I will have to see another teaser before I completely blast this anymore. However, what I watched made LAND look like it was Oscar caliber material. :p

this might actually elevate day fo the dead2 to "watchable"

but not children of the living dead.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 07:22 PM
this might actually elevate day fo the dead2 to "watchable"

Dude I was drinking ice tea when i read this, and you now officially owe me a keyboard and a new bic lighter.

Nothing can be horrible enough to make DAY 2 watchable. Even Van Damme's 1988 crapfest black Eagle is more watchable than Day 2.

p2501
23-Oct-2006, 07:42 PM
heh, then my work here is done.

I dunno, i find Day of the dead 2 better then house of the dead. so by that scale dotd2 isn't the worst film ever made.

Neil
23-Oct-2006, 07:46 PM
Link no longer works :(

I didn't get to watch it properly :(

slickwilly13
23-Oct-2006, 08:08 PM
I can't get the link to work, either. Perhaps, that's a good thing....

p2501
23-Oct-2006, 08:08 PM

the sites been on anf off all day. i couldn;t get the page to load around 09:30 , but at 13:00 it ran fine. so keep trying.

it's in quick time so someone nicked it, if not i'll grab you a copy tonight and email it to you.

Mikey
23-Oct-2006, 08:21 PM
This looks soooooooooo crappy.

sirjacktorrance
23-Oct-2006, 08:30 PM
SPOILERS!

Things that stinks:
-acting and script.teenage pretty girls in a day remake. oh my god! you could put here your favorite crappy line. mine is the RHODES to shara.
-photography.reddick tells fangoria that the films looks very "gritty and realistic, leds you to be part of the action"well, we can see what he was saying. the film looks like a bad tv movie. and not like a teatrhical release movie.
-the sex escene.WHAT??? WHY?? thereīs no reason to that cheesy insert...the girl is hot but.. this is supposed to be a serious zombie movie?? cīmon!!!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic.jpg
-the "no trapasing" note . that. is the most trhilled cliché in a zombie movie. itīis supposed to be the reason of the outbreak??in Romero Movies,even in the remake thereīs no aparet reason to the infection. that bothers my inteligence.truly.
-the Night- this is a "day of the dead" remake?? or another Night of the living dead with the army??
-zombie look. THE GODDAM zombies has cheap contac lenses! brugh..
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic16.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic12.jpg

-BUB/bud.-seems liek the guy is bitten and later he transforms in a zombie.if you look the tralier with care you could see the Bud Zombie once or twice. in one moment ,he is yelling to other zombies. THAT MAKES ME THINK THE WORSE....
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/bubdayremake.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepics20.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic19.jpg

-Nick Cannon. i had to give thanks cause the music of this guy not sells on my country(spain)and i never have noticed the existence of the man,but i think his face is disgusting and the last quote :"bad day to be a zombie" stinks.

the movie will be the crap. no way to deffend it. for sure the trailer shows a little good actions scenes,but thatīs the minimum a theatrical might have.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic14.jpg
i hope the movie opens in april and GRINDHOUSE gets all the zombie fans. i hope this movie ruins his producers.

DeadCentral
23-Oct-2006, 08:48 PM
Beat ya to it, already have a copy running on my site , links on the main page...:elol:
I figure that everyone should get a glimpse...this way the debates can fly !!!
It ain't Romero's film for sure...got to watch it a couple of times and well.....It ain't a Romero film.... welcome back to the MTV generation ...again...

and btw , Craptagium is good for only one thing... and watching ain't one of'em...I pop it in the DVD when I feel constipated...problem solved...along with lunch and all hope in independant film makers named Dudelson....

sirjacktorrance
23-Oct-2006, 08:56 PM
thatīs right!!i think the nu image quit the trailer for the negative response..

Neil
23-Oct-2006, 09:19 PM
Oh God! Here we go again.... Mutated eyes and godzilla cries... FFS! If they don't look real, and don't sound real, why do they believe we'll think it's real...

As for the no doubt unecessary sex scene it's typically the lamest and cheapest means to "build" characters... Oh look they have sex, they must really have a special relationship... Typically this shows weak writing...

I'll of course wait for the full version, and sit hear hoping my initial impressions are wrong...

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 09:40 PM
They won't be NEIL...

Millenium/Nu Image/Taurus... all low budget sh!t film companies. This does make DAY 2 look very watchable, p2501 was right. If this gets the right distribution we should see this puppy earn 8-25 razzies and be on video quicker than you can say Phuck A Duck :lol: :moon:

Zombie Mod
23-Oct-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm going to take this trailer VERY personally. The original DAY OF THE DEAD had fantastic zombies, how the hell could Cannon half-ass the job?

This movie looks like it's going to be a 12+ in the UK if they keep those amateurish zombies. It screams COMPLETE CASH-IN if you ask me. The zombies in the original DAY looked decomposed and dangerous, those ones look like people in halloween masks, I'd probably laugh at them :lol:

So the sfx were made by the pirates of the Caribbean crew? Pirates of your cash more like, it's bloody daylight robbery if those arseholes get away with releasing crap like this.

Cannon - get Dr Tongue from the original DAY and use him properly this time. Also get rid of the kids with halloween masks. If you don't, expect this movie to be treated with the same contempt as Uwe Bolls "house of the dead".

Neil
23-Oct-2006, 09:49 PM
At 1:25, is that a zombie running up/across a wall?? :confused:

Zombie Mod
23-Oct-2006, 09:52 PM

I saw it. Then after that they jumped out of windows!!!

they'd break their legs jumping from that high... so if they can still run we have...

SUPERHUMAN ZOMBIES!!!!

Oh ffs this movie looks dire. Cannon, you are an utter cock :confused:

Neil
23-Oct-2006, 10:08 PM

they'd break their legs jumping from that high... so if they can still run we have...

SUPERHUMAN ZOMBIES!!!!

Well they scream like godzilla, so maybe with those mutated eyes they can shoot laser beams?

jim102016
23-Oct-2006, 10:18 PM
Holy s*it, those are zombies on the walls? I had half a thought about that last night...now I'm even more disappointed! How could they make such an awful movie? Even an amateur director could do better....how much money did they have?

Is it that far out of an idea for them to have consulted with Romero to get his original Day 85' script off the groud!

This stuff sucks, I don't care what anyone says to the contrary.

I'll be sneaking in through the fire exit to see this one with a needle in my arm, if I don't get a DWI on the way.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll be sneaking in through the fire exit to see this one with a needle in my arm, if I don't get a DWI on the way.

PARTY ON GARTH! :lol:

they had $18,000,000 and filmed in Bulgaria where one USD is work like ten thousands of their money. You could feed your family for a month on $10 USD over there

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 10:31 PM
"Ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah, c'mon get down wit' da sicknezz!"

For some reason this song plays in my mind whenever I see this piece of s**t trailer. I've watched it twice now and will never get those 2-3 mins back again...

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 10:32 PM

SUPERHUMAN ZOMBIES!!!!

Oh ffs this movie looks dire. Cannon, you are an utter cock :confused:

Looks like we now have FLYING ZOMBIES. I saw them jump out windows from 30 ft in the air... WTF, even Snyder and Boll, and Dan O'Bannon didn't stoop that low.

DeadCentral
23-Oct-2006, 10:32 PM
actually I hear the slow piano version of that tune when I see Ving...lol

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 10:33 PM
"Ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah, c'mon get down wit' da sicknezz!"

For some reason this song plays in my mind whenever I see this piece of s**t trailer. I've watched it twice now and will never get those 2-3 mins back again...

Funny you say that. i am listening to numb by disturbed right now

sirjacktorrance
23-Oct-2006, 11:11 PM
somebody can tell me what the **** is saying this man??
i understand something about"we donīt have nothing to do with this outbreak"... i really hope they donīt put a f***** typical scientific reason for the plague.it will be stupid. very very stupid. i want the script. i want to read. i reaaaallly hope the script donīt ***k up with the whole dead origin thing.
more capshots

jumping zombie:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic10.jpg

nick cannon vs a scientist zombie
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic21.jpg

a cool shot(one of the few):
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepic11.jpg

spoiler:

thatīs bud.it seems he is fighting with other zombies... i am very pissed by this screenshot.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/dayremakepics20.jpg

p2501
23-Oct-2006, 11:16 PM

i thought so, hence my Le parkour comment.

actually I hear the slow piano version of that tune when I see Ving...lol

heh, richard cheese rocks.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah the third screen cap was cool seeing the zombies dragging body parts and sh1t. However, it doesn't make up for the other 1:59 of sh1t on screen.

sirjacktorrance
23-Oct-2006, 11:47 PM
i had to be honest and while i think the cast,plot and script stinks...theres some of the action and exterior secuences that looks ...well not great,not phenomenal,but almost ok.but the thing that bothers me is the plot and script .it looks like the same old **** is re-releasing again and again.itīs always the same plot.this king of movies make sme think how great land was.

AssassinFromHell
24-Oct-2006, 02:51 AM

I ditched that philosophy when a certain trend came into effect...RIPPIN GEORGE OFF!

You can't look at a remake as a standalone. That's pleading ignorance.

creepntom
24-Oct-2006, 02:53 AM
:rolleyes: :bored:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4135/bitchingez5.gif

Skold
24-Oct-2006, 04:13 AM
Running zombies, no clue as to the plot, and a bunch of "scare" shots... the perfect follow up to YAWN04 and Contagium!

MikePizzoff
24-Oct-2006, 06:14 AM
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

thatīs bud.it seems he is fighting with other zombies

BUB

sirjacktorrance
24-Oct-2006, 09:39 AM

BUB

yeah,but jeffrey reddick has renamed the character from bub to "bud":barf:

Bunker65
24-Oct-2006, 12:50 PM

That's right, we are bitching, moaning, grumbling & whining. And more to the point, we have every damn right to bitch, moan, grumble & whine. While some may not consider the original "Day Of The Dead" GAR's best (not I, I love it), it is a "classic" zombie movie & leaps & bounds better then most other zombie films that have been released over the years.

When they are taking a classic work & "remaking" or "revisioning" it maybe it would help to follow the story somewhat :bored:. I think that is a big reason for the bitching, etc..

From the cheesy dialog to the inane screaming, leaping, running zombies, to the obvious attempt to throw another MTV generation turd our way, this teaser has only made my dread at hearing of a remake of Day Of The Dead that much worse :|.

Like most of us here, I will see this when it comes out. From the teaser it looks like it will be 1.5 to 2 hours I'll probably want back but I'll have to see for myself. Like rubbernecking an accident on the highway, you know you shouldn't look & should keep you attention on the road but curiosity turns your head in that direction anyway.

Neil
24-Oct-2006, 12:57 PM
Definately wonder why it should have the title "Day of the Dead" when it's so far removed from the original!

p2501
24-Oct-2006, 01:00 PM
Definately wonder why it should have the title "Day of the Dead" when it's so far removed from the original!

to cash in silly.

it generates nominal buzz within the horror fan community that someone is "remaking" classic. Buzz = discussion which in turn = the potential for a better opening weekend.

it's all a marketing angle.

if that's the level of counter point that your bringing to this, you've just catagoricly proven my point that your retarded.

now troll elsewhere.

BUB

don't knock it, at least that barf burp spared you from watching more of the trailer.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Oct-2006, 02:57 PM
I ditched that philosophy when a certain trend came into effect...RIPPIN GEORGE OFF!

You can't look at a remake as a standalone. That's pleading ignorance.

Even as a stand alone... it sucks.

I have no problem with DAWN because other than a mall and zombies nothing was the same.

In this 3 characters are named after Day characters, and quite frankly the cinematography, and the trailer in which I watched screams schlock fest.

Come on, did they need to add the sex scene in the trailer. I don't have a problem with sex in horror films if it fits the purpose. Like DAWN 04 it was ok because it was showing how each person was passing time trying to ignore the problem.

IN this it looks like it was thrown in to just put T&A on the screen. It's cheesy and not needed. Also, so help me god that is we find out the guy impregnated her and she has a zombie baby I will freak the f u c k out.

sirjacktorrance
24-Oct-2006, 04:16 PM
only a retarded will make a script of "day of the dead" with the begginings of a infection.i f one good health brain man has the oportunnity to write a script reimaginig day,the last thing he does is begins the infection from day one. Not only that.Reddyck even want to find reason of the disease.if you look closely to the first images of the ****ing trailer,you could see a "no trespassing "advice.later inthe trailer a scintist says that:"he donīt has nothing to do with the origin of this outbreak".thatīs suspicious...i think all the scientifics issue has to do with a origin of the infection and not the find of a solution ...is all related to a virus.itīs more a dawn of the dead 04 remake.the good news isthat the same month we have a date with a zombie movie that looks better:Planet Terror,witch has more in commond with the romeroverse and Day of the dead:he has Savini in the cast and Nicotero on the effects.
i really hope that the movie will go to the dvd video market..if not iīm sure the movie will fall at the boxoffice.i īm not gonna see in the theatre. this is not a remake is a desesperate intend to make profit over the rights of the "day of the dead" title without any involvement of someone with talent or love for the genre. The thing that more bothers me is.. why they donīt call a good director who likes the original??thereīs lots of people that could have make a good remake. rob zombie(if he can make a halloween...)Roger Avary(he loves the romero saga and he almost directs the dawn remake).
iTīS difficult to make things such a bad way. Steve Miner dont understand nothing and he give us a "dawson creek"vibe zombie movie with a script write by final destination mediocre JR.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Oct-2006, 06:10 PM
only a retarded will make a script of "day of the dead" with the begginings of a infection.i f one good health brain man has the oportunnity to write a script reimaginig day,the last thing he does is begins the infection from day one. Not only that.Reddyck even want to find reason of the disease.if you look closely to the first images of the ****ing trailer,you could see a "no trespassing "advice.later inthe trailer a scintist says that:"he donīt has nothing to do with the origin of this outbreak".thatīs suspicious...i think all the scientifics issue has to do with a origin of the infection and not the find of a solution ...is all related to a virus.itīs more a dawn of the dead 04 remake.the good news isthat the same month we have a date with a zombie movie that looks better:Planet Terror,witch has more in commond with the romeroverse and Day of the dead:he has Savini in the cast and Nicotero on the effects.
i really hope that the movie will go to the dvd video market..if not iīm sure the movie will fall at the boxoffice.i īm not gonna see in the theatre. this is not a remake is a desesperate intend to make profit over the rights of the "day of the dead" title without any involvement of someone with talent or love for the genre. The thing that more bothers me is.. why they donīt call a good director who likes the original??thereīs lots of people that could have make a good remake. rob zombie(if he can make a halloween...)Roger Avary(he loves the romero saga and he almost directs the dawn remake).
iTīS difficult to make things such a bad way. Steve Miner dont understand nothing and he give us a "dawson creek"vibe zombie movie with a script write by final destination mediocre JR.

You obviously never read the interview DC or Fango did with the man.

His reason for calling it DAY of the DEAD is because all the events take place within a single day (24 hour period) Hence the title DAY of the DEAD. ROmero never used the title like the remake is, His title was more to fit in with the Night, Dawn, Day theme... Romero's use of the title is completely different, Jeff, the writier of the remake actually put the title to use in the story. HENCE the term DAY of the DEAD (1 day, of the military dealing with the zombie outbreak.)

DO-YOU-UNDERSTAND-THEWORDS-COMING-OUT-OF-MY-MOUTH? :lol:

sirjacktorrance
24-Oct-2006, 07:06 PM
I-UNDERSTAND-THANKS

yes i read the interview and the fango article. i know the fact the movie "day of the dead 07" takes the DAY concept literally.but maybe you havenīt understand me at all cause when I say "only a retarded will make a script of "day of the dead" with the begginings of a infection.i f one good health brain man has the oportunnity to write a script reimaginig day,the last thing he does is begins the infection from day one", I mean that making a movie in which everything takes place in 24 hours is not a new concept. Itīs the same old movie we have seen dozens of times. Itīs really like a 4th or 5th NOLD remake...
original day takes place in a few 2 days,he can reimagine the concept to make in a literal "day of the dead"if he will but the day not has to be the day one for god sake!. even the dawn remake donīt gets more than 10-11 minutes to explain an outbreak more advanced that this day remake.

the summary of this is that i found "calling it DAY of the DEAD because all the events take place within a single day (24 hour period) to Hence the title DAY of the DEAD" a very very bad idea. the last idea a zombie fan want to see a remake of the original day. in fact the idea is pretty stupid.

but letīs keep on ripping the trailer:

i think this guy is..... DR LOGAN!!!!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/drlogan.jpg
:(

DjfunkmasterG
24-Oct-2006, 08:37 PM
i think this guy is..... DR LOGAN!!!!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/drlogan.jpg

GOD I HOPE NOT!

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2006, 08:54 PM
Despite changing the use of the title, it's still a "remake" of GAR's film ... although you'd struggle to see how from that eye-raping trailer. Even if they change the use of the title in some way, with the Dawn remake so recent, it's blatantly still just to use a pre-establish, cult success, brand to their advantage, having somehow come across the rights to GAR's dark and gloomy, everything's hopeless for mankind now original.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Oct-2006, 09:39 PM
I swear after watching that trailer I thought I was seeing Contagium part 2. It is that bad. I cannot get passed how ****ty it looks.

They also should have shot it in 2.35:1. dumbasses.

I sent an email to NU IMAGE from work and Posted every forum link on every horror website I could find letting them know the fans hate the films trailer and how stupid it looks.

I said do yourself a favor... Pull that trailer off the web, and get someone in there like ZACK SNYDER to competently direct this fawker.

Neil
24-Oct-2006, 10:05 PM
I swear after watching that trailer I thought I was seeing Contagium part 2. It is that bad. I cannot get passed how ****ty it looks.

I sent an email to NU IMAGE from work and Posted every forum link on every horror website I could find letting them know the fans hate the films trailer and how stupid it looks.

I said do yourself a favor... Pull that trailer off the web, and get someone in there like ZACK SNYDER to competently direct this fawker.

You didn't get a reply did you!? :)

Griff
24-Oct-2006, 10:44 PM
Looks like we now have FLYING ZOMBIES. I saw them jump out windows from 30 ft in the air...

See? I told ya's, but ya's didn't believe me.

WTF, even Snyder and Boll, and Dan O'Bannon didn't stoop that low.

Ah, but Romero did. Remember Hinzman? Technically he had both feet off the ground at one point... So quit yer belly achin'!

sirjacktorrance
24-Oct-2006, 10:59 PM

you really did?? haahahahah!!yeah!! we had to do the same before they cast that people.

DeadCentral
25-Oct-2006, 12:00 AM
Word from Jeffrey Reddick...

"That was actually a tweaked version of the trailer that Steve cut in Bulgaria for the cast and crew wrap party. Nu Image did a few revisions and put it together for AFM. It was from an avid output...not even a color corrected print."

I got that yesterday in an email I sent him telling him I felt the film would definately have an uphill battle with the diehard GAR fans...
He said he saw the reaction .....

Ps ...that IS the new Dr.Logan !

AssassinFromHell
25-Oct-2006, 01:54 AM
Word from Jeffrey Reddick...

"That was actually a tweaked version of the trailer that Steve cut in Bulgaria for the cast and crew wrap party. Nu Image did a few revisions and put it together for AFM. It was from an avid output...not even a color corrected print."

I got that yesterday in an email I sent him telling him I felt the film would definately have an uphill battle with the diehard GAR fans...
He said he saw the reaction .....

Ps ...that IS the new Dr.Logan !

Ask him about the super zombies he made. The freak noise they make. The jumping out of windows. The excessive agressiveness. The speed. This is like Contagium all over again. I don't want to go prejudging this, I've been trying not to. But that trailer just scared the hell outta me.

My hoop for Mr. Reddick to jump through to win my praise has now been raised exactly five feet. :D

jim102016
25-Oct-2006, 05:06 AM
The people who put this f*cking disgrace together should be dropped off in the middle of Baghdad naked with their hands and feet tied together.

I don't care what any fan of Contagium fan or "prospective film maker" says, this movie is a bloody ass rape. Coat a broom handle with broken glass, dip it in rat sh*t and ram it up the original film's ass and this is what we're going to see in the theaters.

I hope the director of this monstrosity gets everything he deserves for not taking the time to make a better film.

I HOPE YOU READ THIS, YOU ^%^%##$%^&*(!!!!!!!!!!

DeadCentral
25-Oct-2006, 09:17 AM
I don't care what any fan of Contagium fan or "prospective film maker" says, this movie is a bloody ass rape.

Jim102016..I certainly hope this was not directed at me by any means...my only objective here is bringing news to the fans ...I speak with the writer of this "ass rape" here & there and I actually sent him an email on the users response here at the HPOTD to enlighten him to their objections. To make your voices heard...

My last post was his response..simple.

I am alongside a lot of the users here in their disdain for the trailer appearance & content, I am not thrilled.

BUT..... by being a webmaster for a site about GAR's films & a fan of GAR's films I have to make a disitinction between MY opinion and the information I'm bringing to the table.

Now if my interviewing the writer for this film on my site to get to the bottom of the web rumors and then hosting the trailer on my site for the fans to view makes me a "Contagium fan" in your opinion...

then you're more narrow minded than i thought. I am not promoting this film nor would I because my fan loyalty lies with GAR.

This is a supposed "remake" of my favorite GAR dead film & I thought the news would be of interest to other like minded fans.

...and if that wasn't the intention of your statement ..then I just wasted 5 mins of typing and ....party on dude..!

Neil
25-Oct-2006, 09:23 AM
Although I'm concerned about what I saw (& heard) in the trailer, I cannot completely dismiss the film until I've seen in. It may well have some merit. Here's hoping!

Note: Running (fast moving) zombies have the possibility to be utterly terrifying, if done well! However, superhuman zombies with supernatural screams are daft!

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 09:42 AM
ROFLPARKOURZOMBIES!!!

Good one Dj, I certainly hope they enjoyed hearing the trailer raped my eyeballs. Long live GAR's classic, f*ck this retarded remake - Day of the Remake, if you will - right up the rotten back passage.

Leave a man's good work alone, something he struggled to get made, leave it be - make your own damn - original - movie. Geez.

I'm looking forward to seeing a True Hollywood Story about one of the actors in this film, I can see it now - "and then it all took a downward spiral when they starred in the Day of the Dead remake - from then on they couldn't get any decent work".

I'm not dropping a single penny on this garbage, like I've said before.

sirjacktorrance
25-Oct-2006, 11:30 AM
color corrected?? is the same tale he tell us with production stills. i saw lots of "not color corrected"previews of films and still looks good. i donīt like the photography of the movie.thatīs all.the PHotogrphy in the movie is done in the set.not later. if they can made something on this, spend one or two millions more on postproduction...

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 11:37 AM
It's always the way isn't it. A trailer gets out there they didn't intend for and it sucks, then they say "oh but it's going to be actually awesome" - erm, NO - have they learnt nothing from the leaked Contagium crapfest? You can throw as much "extra" gore in it as you want, like throwing a wedding dress on a lump of dog sh*t - it's still dog sh*t.

Day of the Remake - guaranteed, 100%, will be utter tosh.

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 12:25 PM
You can throw as much "extra" gore in it as you want, like throwing a wedding dress on a lump of dog sh*t - it's still dog sh*t.

Another classic MZ quote. I think I'm gonna start keeping track of these and make a list.. :lol:

Yeah, this is gonna suck, but what do you expect? What pisses me off is these bozos get all kinds of money for a budget, and we (dj and I) with little-to-no budget can probably make a better film than what this is going to turn out to be! Hell, some people at another website said deadlands was going to be worse than contagium - until they saw it and said "welp, we were wrong" :lol: :lol:

meh, I think it'll be worth watching just to laugh all the way through it. I do that with sucky movies sometimes (just gotta make sure you have an ample supply of HPotD to get through it). :D

Bunker65
25-Oct-2006, 12:29 PM
After viewing this turd again I have to wonder if they didn't mislabel the town they were in. It says "Leadville, Colorado" but surely with the super zombies that they show, especially those jumping out the windows of the building, they must be in Colorado Springs, CO at the U.S. Olympic training facilities. That building must have been where the pole vaulters & long jumpers stay during training. Could also have been the ski jumpers as well. :rolleyes:

Everytime I hear the wonderful thespian that is Nick Cannon say "It's a bad day to be a zombie.", I almost lose the contents on my stomach :barf:.

Why have I subjected myself to the torture of watching this again ?? I think I may need professional help :eek:.

bassman
25-Oct-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't understand why all these people who like Dawn04 are complaining about this trailer.

1.The dead's aggressive, velociraptor screaming? That was in Dawn04.

2.The dead that can run faster than "The Flash". That was in Dawn04.

3.The mucho powerful dead that can leap much higher than they could when they were alive? That was in Dawn04.

4.Gratuitous use of sexual images in trailers/teasers in order to fill more seats in the theater? That was in the trailers/teasers for Dawn04.

This trailer reminds me a hell of alot of Dawn04. But the weird thing is, I'm willing to give it more of a chance than some of the people that really like Dawn04. I admit that the trailer doesn't looks too great.....but it still deserves a chance.

And this is coming from a guy who sees nothing more in Dawn04 than a MTV action flick.:D

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 12:40 PM
Another classic MZ quote. I think I'm gonna start keeping track of these and make a list..

By all means, please do. :) I aim to bring joy with my wordage. :D

Indeed, Deadlands rocked nuts - and it's great for many reasons, including:

1) It's original, not a friggin remake.
2) It's indie, made by people who truly love the genre.
3) Has pure, uncut independent filmmaking spirit.
4) Doesn't rape the good name and hard-earned cult success of someone else's work.
5) It's just awesome.

How could it ever be worse than Craptagium? Whoever said that must have been on crack. I'd rather get kicked in the nuts a thousand times before watching Craptagium.

If I ever make it through the entirety of Day of the Remake, I'll for one thing be wanting the time I wasted back, but I'll just sit there and take the piss out of it endless, as I'm sure there'll be a long, long, long list of very bad things about this waste of time by the name of Day of the Remake.

DOTR is certainly not gonna be a 'technical lava lamp', that's fer damn sure. :D

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 12:55 PM
I just wish it had that 'pure, uncut independent filmmaking spirit' but with a million dollar budget! :D

How could it ever be worse than Craptagium? Whoever said that must have been on crack.

you don't even wanna know.. :lol: let's just say it was another zombie fan site, and i'll leave it at that. I do, however, give them kudos for actually admitting that it's not as bad as they expected. ;)

(oh, and my "MZ list of fantastical wording" list is already started, so keep it up! :lol:)

I admit that the trailer doesn't looks too great.....but it still deserves a chance.

Just out of curiosity, did you give Contagium that same chance? :lol:

bassman
25-Oct-2006, 01:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you give Contagium that same chance? :lol:

Haven't gotten around to seeing it. Haven't seen the trailer, either. I've been told to avoid it like the plague, but should I ever have the opportunity, I would at least try to watch it.

I try to watch films with an open mind. Regardless how many times i've been told it's crap.:p

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 01:12 PM
Might as well tell you once more - Contagium is nothing but crap, you'll feel utterly violated and you'll be demanding your time that you wasted on it, back. It's that bad ... oh dear ... the horror ... the horror.

cptntomsonic
25-Oct-2006, 03:48 PM
If this didn't carry the title of "DAY OF THE DEAD," would we really be that hostile about it? Honestly, I like the idea of a zombie movie that covers the time from infection to the military response. IF this didn't have the DAY OF THE DEAD title, we'd probably be thrilled.

sirjacktorrance
25-Oct-2006, 03:58 PM
no way. i saw the automaton transfusion trailer yesterday , who is a ultralow budget rip off of the dawn remake and has a better photography.and the movie was shooting in dv.(with 35mm lenses) .the "at" movie has also more zombie extras that this "18 dollars movie"(i dunno of that budget.)i am more anxius to see AT than day of the dead.

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 04:25 PM
I've heard this argument before :sneaky:.

Nope, the film would still suck irrespective of title. So no matter what, it's gonna be choking copiously on the amount of balls it'll be sucking.

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 05:00 PM
I try to watch films with an open mind. Regardless how many times i've been told it's crap.:p

After you watch it, I think you will agree with everyone else. :lol: This will be the one you wished you accepted as the 'exception' to your own rule. :lol: We may not agree on Yawn04 and Bland, but man, this one I think we'll both agree on with the same amounts of enthusiasm.

Seriously, it is that bad.

bassman
25-Oct-2006, 05:51 PM
After you watch it, I think you will agree with everyone else. :lol: This will be the one you wished you accepted as the 'exception' to your own rule. :lol: We may not agree on Yawn04 and Bland, but man, this one I think we'll both agree on with the same amounts of enthusiasm.

Seriously, it is that bad.

Oh yeah....I'm just about positive that I won't like it. I think that may be the reason I want to check it out.....to see how much I vomit like everyone else. I'm going to go into it expecting to be let down.

It happens. I was told over and over again that ROTLD was the greatest dead film outside of Romero's.......I wanted to jump off of a tall building after it was over. And I barely made it through the movie without stopping it.

So at least with Contagium I will know to expect the worse.:)

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah....I'm just about positive that I won't like it. I think that may be the reason I want to check it out.....to see how much I vomit like everyone else. I'm going to go into it expecting to be let down.

Well, make sure you keep a vomit tally - we wanna know how many times you wretch during the viewing. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
25-Oct-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't understand why all these people who like Dawn04 are complaining about this trailer.

1.The dead's aggressive, velociraptor screaming? That was in Dawn04.

2.The dead that can run faster than "The Flash". That was in Dawn04.

3.The mucho powerful dead that can leap much higher than they could when they were alive? That was in Dawn04.

4.Gratuitous use of sexual images in trailers/teasers in order to fill more seats in the theater? That was in the trailers/teasers for Dawn04.

This trailer reminds me a hell of alot of Dawn04. But the weird thing is, I'm willing to give it more of a chance than some of the people that really like Dawn04. I admit that the trailer doesn't looks too great.....but it still deserves a chance.

And this is coming from a guy who sees nothing more in Dawn04 than a MTV action flick.:D

Oh you were finished, well allow me to retort.

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Not one instance of that happening in DAWN 04--- (siren blares loud, BM311 gets thump on head with baseball bat
4. Nowhere in the DAWN 04 trailers did they show a couple HAVING sex as blatantly as DAY remake so, you get half a thump for that.

DAWN 04 looked like a $100,000,000 film and was done on $4 million more than the DAY remake (DAWN 04 budget $22,000,000). The DAY remake cost $18 million and has the same crap look and acting as Contagium and it's supposed $9,000,000 budget. So if COntagium cost 9 mil who snorted the 8.5 worth of blow, and if the Day remake cost $18 mil, who snorted 17.9 mil worth of blow)

:lol:
You didn't get a reply did you!? :)

NOPE :p F U CK 'EM :moon:

bassman
25-Oct-2006, 06:11 PM

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Not one instance of that happening in DAWN 04--- (siren blares loud, BM311 gets thump on head with baseball bat
4. Nowhere in the DAWN 04 trailers did they show a couple HAVING sex as blatantly as DAY remake so, you get half a thump for that.

DAWN 04 looked like a $100,000,000 film and was done on $4 million more than the DAY remake (DAWN 04 budget $22,000,000). The DAY remake cost $18 million and has the same crap look and acting as Contagium and it's supposed $9,000,000 budget. So if COntagium cost 9 mil who snorted the 8.5 worth of blow, and if the Day remake cost $18 mil, who snorted 17.9 mil worth of blow)

1. Yup
2. Yup
3. When they're headed back into the mall from the sewer. They're in the stairwell and just as all the people are getting in the doorway, a zombie jumps up from a good ways down the stairs and lands on a small rail like he's freakin Spiderman.
4. Watch the Teaser. Long shot of that lady dancing in Lingerie as well as a seperate shot with just hear legs(or maybe it's that cross-dressing guy):lol: . And I may be wrong on this one(I'll have to go check), but I think there's a quick shot of the shower scene from the beginning of the film in the first theatrical trailer.

MontagMOI
25-Oct-2006, 06:40 PM
...i have just seen the trailer. I am all for giving films a chance but unless they refilm all the zombie stuff i dont think i will bother with this turd.
Just rewatched NOTLD 90 last night - now that is how you remake a film.
Steve Miner: Your zombies suck.

Mike70
25-Oct-2006, 06:59 PM
i am at a loss as to how this qualifies as a remake. it bears absolutely no resemeblance to the original other than the fact that it has soldiers and zombies in it.

i will probably see it anyway.

i warned you all about steve miner when he was announced as the director to this seemingly travestical piece of cinematic dog doo.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Oct-2006, 07:00 PM
Steve Miner: Your zombies suck.

I like this GUY! :D

Mike70
25-Oct-2006, 07:04 PM
Just rewatched NOTLD 90 last night - now that is how you remake a film.

totally agree about night 90. that is how a remake ought to be done. it is ok to change things around a bit but for christsake stick the original story.

frak a whole bus load of steve (dawsons creek, chicago hope, lake placid directing hack) miner.

TwoGunBob
25-Oct-2006, 07:10 PM
I think it looks AWESOME!!!! And by awesome I mean shot in a way only Jess Franco could do. Funny, Jess Franco often couldn't be bothered to color correct his films at any point either (The Castle of Fu Manchu being one of the worst offenders.. anyway).
Hmmm, I have to wonder in honesty how the Deadlands actors (friends and family) managed to outdo the Contagium actors (who are TRYING (and failing) to be REAL actors). Think about that one for a second. DJ n' Lou grabbed together what they could in form of acting talent and managed to do better than hired actors. How does that tie in to Day of the Dead? Well, these are once again REAL actors but they mostly seem confused. Oh yeah, and the uniforms look like G.I. Joe costumes rented from a local Halloween costume shop.

Like I said, awesome.

sirjacktorrance
25-Oct-2006, 07:35 PM

1. Agreed
2. Agreed

Dawn 04 budget was $26,000,000
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dawnofthedead.htm

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 09:29 PM
Some people have been keeping a suicide tally whilst watching it ... needless to say the tallys aren't that high after the first one, it's not a great system to be honest ... :D:D

jim102016
25-Oct-2006, 09:31 PM
Jim102016..I certainly hope this was not directed at me by any means...my only objective here is bringing news to the fans ...I speak with the writer of this "ass rape" here & there and I actually sent him an email on the users response here at the HPOTD to enlighten him to their objections. To make your voices heard...

My last post was his response..simple.

I am alongside a lot of the users here in their disdain for the trailer appearance & content, I am not thrilled.

BUT..... by being a webmaster for a site about GAR's films & a fan of GAR's films I have to make a disitinction between MY opinion and the information I'm bringing to the table.

Now if my interviewing the writer for this film on my site to get to the bottom of the web rumors and then hosting the trailer on my site for the fans to view makes me a "Contagium fan" in your opinion...

then you're more narrow minded than i thought. I am not promoting this film nor would I because my fan loyalty lies with GAR.

This is a supposed "remake" of my favorite GAR dead film & I thought the news would be of interest to other like minded fans.

...and if that wasn't the intention of your statement ..then I just wasted 5 mins of typing and ....party on dude..!

What? No, not directed at you, Dead Central, you're ok in my book.

I was just lashing out at the world. I'm ok now :skull:

DeadCentral
25-Oct-2006, 09:57 PM
Cool...party On Dude!!! :cool:
I read it at 4:30 in the mornin too so that kind of had something to do with my rant ..lol

zombievsshark
25-Oct-2006, 11:04 PM
Zack Snyder where are you?

This movie, this is not a good movie.

Or it could be just a horrible trailer I guess.

Also I'm missing the shamblin' zombies more than I used to.

Zombie runners is one thing, zombie acrobats though?

AssassinFromHell
26-Oct-2006, 01:49 AM
One thing is for sure. Steve Miner and Jeffrey Reddick won't give a damn a year from now. They'll be bathing in the money. I say we go crazy liberal on them and camp outside of their homes pointlessly with signs. :eek:

Seriously, I was giving Reddick the benefit of the doubt. He sounded so devoted when he talked to DC. Now I know this. REDDICK IS FULL OF ****!

Danny
26-Oct-2006, 04:01 AM
Zack Snyder where are you?

This movie, this is not a good movie.

Or it could be just a horrible trailer I guess.

Also I'm missing the shamblin' zombies more than I used to.

Zombie runners is one thing, zombie acrobats though?

and for the land remake they'll fly:p

OddDNA
26-Oct-2006, 04:53 AM
You are retarded.

I have zero respect for you as a person, I hope something bad happens to you.

I am 100% serious.

deadwrtr
26-Oct-2006, 10:26 AM
We all know all of you people complaining about this film will be one of the first in line to see it if for no other reason than to complain how bad it is.

Yeah, jumping xombies blow. I think the zombies in Slither and Severed were better by far... but I'm still going to see this movie when it comes out.

If for no other reason than to agree with you all. :)

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 10:58 AM
pfft, I ain't paying to see this crap.

I'll eventually attempt to get through it, but it won't be after dropping any cash on this pile of infected needles. If this even makes it into UK cinemas I'll go and see something else instead - something good. :cool:

Neil
26-Oct-2006, 11:36 AM
pfft, I ain't paying to see this crap.

I'll eventually attempt to get through it, but it won't be after dropping any cash on this pile of infected needles. If this even makes it into UK cinemas I'll go and see something else instead - something good. :cool:

Pictures Minion going to see "Telly Tubbies The Movie"...

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 12:14 PM
lol, I would actually rather go to see Tinky Winky's big-gay-handbag on the big screen than listen to shrieking "zombies" leap around like they're monkies on crack. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 01:02 PM
You could waste the money going to see a PORNO in one of the local jack me theaters. By the looks of DAY 2007, it seems you would get better value for your money if you do what i suggest. At least you would have something to show for it by the end of the movie

sirjacktorrance
26-Oct-2006, 02:37 PM
****.the firs time i saw this trailer i still think it still can be a entertaining flick.but i saw 4o5 times and i realized that iīm not have interest in see the movie.itīs sad and depressing.i love all things related to GAR movies but this..is like the wicker man remake or something...
if the movie will gets the action in the first minutes like the dawn remake...
but it seems to get a minimun of 30 minutes of stupid and talk to show us how the infection begins... thatīs the last i want to see.if the movie covers 24 hours and begins in the dawn....and all the zombie action happens at night...thereīs gonna be around 20 minutes of bunker in the movie.:mad:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 06:20 PM
Actually, that's a good suggestion ... and now to Google up "jack off emporiums" in my local area. :cool:

suicide22
26-Oct-2006, 07:02 PM
This movie still could be watchable-- so give it a break! This trailer is only a preview trailer, they never show the good stuff in preview trailers, and they just splice bits of footage ready to go out to be shown on the final international trailer what usually shows all the good stuff. Alternatively, you could be right the remakes totally garbage!:( :skull: :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 07:05 PM
Almost sounded like you were a guy working on the movie. ;)

hehe, just ribbin' ya man. Welcome to the forum.

rawrOTD
27-Oct-2006, 02:11 AM
well
i have lost hope for this movie
but i will rent it on dvd sometime
anyword on romeros response to this sham of a remake?
he must be so pissed off
we should send the dayre director a cease and desist letter
does hallmark make those?

if not we can get in touch with the unabomber and get some tips

AssassinFromHell
27-Oct-2006, 03:28 AM
You could waste the money going to see a PORNO in one of the local jack me theaters. By the looks of DAY 2007, it seems you would get better value for your money if you do what i suggest. At least you would have something to show for it by the end of the movie

Not when that's been your nightly habit for too many god damned years...:P

niu9585
28-Oct-2006, 01:00 AM
is romero pissed that someone slapped one of his titles on that piece of crap?

capncnut
28-Oct-2006, 01:28 AM
is romero pissed that someone slapped one of his titles on that piece of crap?

Probably not Niu. He's got to pay the bills and fund his latest movie project somehow. Oh, and Aloha to you!

Danny
28-Oct-2006, 01:50 AM
i dunno i think you should give it a chance, i origionally thought shaun would be **** just because it was a play on dawns title, till i reaslised who it was by o course, but my point is you havent seen this but rip more **** outta this than a fat guy getting his colon cleanesed.

.....bad analagy but you get teh idea ,i dont think it looks mind blowing but hell it cant be worse than contagium and it doesnt look as bad as dawn was at least its not trying to set it in the same place like dawn 04 did.

hydro
28-Oct-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh man - i hope the film is better than the trailer.

suicide22
28-Oct-2006, 10:17 AM
I haven't seen it yet!:lol: :rockbrow: :sneaky::bored:

Have ya got a link to this download:p

DeadCentral
28-Oct-2006, 01:53 PM
it's here (http://dead-central.com/news.php?readmore=19)...

OddDNA
28-Oct-2006, 03:35 PM
During this movie that will include the bits from the trailer that would make it watchable.

Even it if were Dawn 78 and every 5 minutes one of those clips was thrown in, it would be a terrible movie.

It is impossible to have any of those scenes in a movie and it be watchable, muchless all those scenes.

On the bright side...did anyone really get thier hopes up for this one?

panic
30-Oct-2006, 06:51 AM
I'll probably catch this one in theaters. Its not that I think its going to be great or anything, but it's nice to have some zombie action on the big screen.

/p

Danny
30-Oct-2006, 07:58 AM
i know ive said not to judge before you watch but now i think about it, i think we can guess the story without watching, outbreak ,thrash metal, explosions, bad guys, running,running,noble death to let others escape,cliffhanger,end.:bored:

coma
30-Oct-2006, 06:10 PM
i know ive said not to judge before you watch but now i think about it, i think we can guess the story without watching, outbreak ,thrash metal, explosions, bad guys, running,running,noble death to let others escape,cliffhanger,end.:bored:
you forgot the boning
and flying:)

bub2u
30-Oct-2006, 06:50 PM
I never much cared for the running zombies, now we have to deal with screaming ones too?! That being said, I'll probably watch it on one of the movie channels when it comes out. How could they try to soil the good name of "Day of the Dead".:mad:

Cody
30-Oct-2006, 07:41 PM
day of the dead was soiled when they didnt do the golden original script

OddDNA
31-Oct-2006, 11:51 AM
dont seem so bad now...Id rather pay double to see sisterhood of the traveling pants in Spanish than pay matinee prices to see the Day remake.

CivilDefense
31-Oct-2006, 01:16 PM
You said it, at least they are MAKING zombie movies now.

Yeah it will probably suck.. but its a zombie movies. Its kinda like saying. IT sucks, for chocolate pie. But comeon.. its Pie. You know you want some pie.

Its better than that Marie Antoinette my dragged me to. At least that had Kirsten Dunst buttocks on it, Well possibly Kirsten Dunst stand in buttocks. :moon:

DOTD80
31-Oct-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah I watched the trailer on youtube..... WTF is with Zombies running and jumping out of 2nd or 3rd story windows and hitting the ground running? :mad:

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 04:59 PM
Personally I'd rather have no new studio zombie pics if they're mostly just gonna be trashcan residue like this...

The trouble is the studios at the moment have absolutely no idea what they're doing. They're seeing potential money and "what some other guy did", missing the creativity required to make good movies - which in turn make the money they're so interested in.

Thank heaven's there's the indie scene.

noroominhell317
01-Nov-2006, 12:00 AM
its good to see that there is renewed interest in the Day 85 version enough to make a remake, from the trailer i dont see much potential:mad: :mad:

AssassinFromHell
01-Nov-2006, 12:40 AM
its good to see that there is renewed interest in the Day 85 version enough to make a remake, from the trailer i dont see much potential:mad: :mad:

What interest? These kids don't give a damn about the movie. You've got a "veteran" behind the camera, a kid writing the script, and a bunch of pretty boys and girls as the cast. All, don't give a damn.

The question then remains, why remake DAY 85? Well, zombies are the thing going right now. And it's a George film, so no matter how much you piss off the fans, they'll end up seeing it just to avoid being called ignorant when they voice their opinions. Answer to the question? MONEY!!!

It was the same reason Rubinstein's clan of kids behind DAWN 04 remade it. James Gunn a fan? Ha! Snyder? Ha! That's called attempting to win over the fans. With some of you they did.

Hollywood is just a game. Nobody gives a damn. It's all about the green, with zero respect for cinema.

Excessium
01-Nov-2006, 04:22 PM
To the writer/director: Common sense tells you that if you jump off a third story window, something WILL break. Specially if you are decomposing...
I know the very nature of a zombie defies reality, but these "runners" seem to be getting more and more outragous. And the damn velociraptor cries just make me shake my head.
Did anyone notice the zombies communicating in the trailer? There were 2 clips in there that show zombies shrieking and giving head gestures.
When I saw this trailor, really one thing came into mind..."i'll be back"
Friggin terminator zombies.

Oh yeah, have to add-Zombies jumping off 2 story buildings recklessly and at the same time, covering their heads with their forearms while going through the glass...nice touch. /eyeroll

Monkey Rogue
01-Nov-2006, 06:52 PM
I had to re-register just so I could stop in and glom onto you guys...cause this deserves a rant.

Okay, cracked out zombies are okay in my book. It makes sense in a way. You're dead, your body doesn't process pain or stop because of leg cramps. (You know, lactic acid and all that.) They would, however, frickin' explode jumping out of a 3rd story window!

Here's a suggestion for you all. Don't go see it in the theaters. Have the guts to stand up and not go spend the cash on this monstrosity. And when some kid says "but you didn't see it", just look him straight in the eye and tell him "yes, I did...only it was done better and it was called Resident Evil." (Yes I did it, I called Resident Evil better. Think I'm wrong?)

I, like you guys, have that Richard Cheese song in my head though...but for an altogether different reason. Just the lyrics "it seems that all that is good is dying, oh no the world is a scary place, now that you've woken up the demon in me...." yeah....that fits.

And what is with Ving getting a role in BOTH remakes? Is anyone else kind pissed over that? Why wasn't Ken Foree in two or three of them? Hmmmm? I call shenanigans.

I need a drink.......I'll come back around more often now that I have people I need to vent alongside again. :-) Good to see ya'll again!

bassman
01-Nov-2006, 07:13 PM
Something just occured to me. I may be wrong, being that I only watched the trailer once, but after SOMETHING jumps out of those windows......we never see the results, right? For all we know, maybe in the finished film the zombies splatter when they hit the ground.(This could make for some cool special effects)

OR.....Maybe they're not zombies at all. Maybe they're humans jumping out of the windows to escape what happening inside the building?

I'm not trying to defend the trailer, here. There are many things that made me "sheesh":rolleyes: in that trailer......but I just thought of this because everyone keeps bringing up the window jumpers.

And like I said.....maybe I missed something.:confused:

AssassinFromHell
01-Nov-2006, 10:52 PM
Something just occured to me. I may be wrong, being that I only watched the trailer once, but after SOMETHING jumps out of those windows......we never see the results, right? For all we know, maybe in the finished film the zombies splatter when they hit the ground.(This could make for some cool special effects)

Okay, but ummm...THEY WERE STILL JUMPING! JUMPING ZOMBIES?

What's next? Zombies who play baseball? (Either way, we wont see Ted Williams. His head is an icesickel...)

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2006, 10:22 AM
Zombies jumping out of windows are still jumping zombies, indeed.

A real zombie would, at best, eventually fall through the window after leaning over the window ledge too far and then just topple to the ground below. These zombies are free-running, crazy bastards...:lol:

bassman
02-Nov-2006, 01:06 PM
But they may not even be zombies....

Okay....I'm just trying to stay optimistic. Sue me.:D

Cody
02-Nov-2006, 06:13 PM
your optimism helps me cope thank you.

noroominhell317
02-Nov-2006, 06:56 PM
Well....i guess compared to a few years ago when there were....no Romero remakes.... i would say that it would constitute a renewed interest. Ive always been a fan of the older films to begin with and as far as ive seen so far they havent surpassed those and i dont really expect them to...so i guess that makes me an optimist, i would rather see them try then not try at all, after all its doesnt matter what everyone esle does, i still enjoy watching them try :D :p

Neil
02-Nov-2006, 08:23 PM
your optimism helps me cope thank you.

LOL!

But seriously... you never know, they may be people jumping for survival... Think 9/11 :dead:

bassman
02-Nov-2006, 10:58 PM
LOL!

But seriously... you never know, they may be people jumping for survival... Think 9/11 :dead:

That is exactly what I thought of, Neil! I just didn't want to add in the part about 9/11 because I knew someone would get bent out of shape about it.

But seriously....this is just a trailer. Those are very likely zombies jumping out of the windows, but they may very well be humans. We won't know until we see it, you know?

I still can't believe that I'm trying to be so open-minded about this flick while at the same time, I hate Yawn04.:confused:

Excessium
03-Nov-2006, 05:51 PM
Well I do concur about the 2 story window jumpers, there is no evidence that they are zombies.

But i did see 2 zombies jumping in 2 parts of the trailer. One was jumping through a store(?) window, the one that covered it's head when it went through-lol.
The other was one who pulled a spiderman off the wall. It jumped on the wall, took a few steps(on the wall) then leaped into a victim, biting them on the leg.

Even though they are not undead zombies, day of the dead 07 makes me long for 28 weeks later. Thats gonna be the flick to see. Saw those film clips and I was pretty happy with them. Day on the other hand...go go Terminator zombies.

AssassinFromHell
04-Nov-2006, 01:52 AM
But they may not even be zombies....

Okay....I'm just trying to stay optimistic. Sue me.:D

*shakes bassman violently and slaps you twice* GET YOURSELF TOGETHER, MAN! :p

This movie has "Dawn 04, Uwe Boll inspired, ****fest" written all over it. :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
05-Nov-2006, 12:54 PM
at least DAWN 04 looked watchable from the trailers, and ended up being a grand slam. This trailer makes the whole thing look like a science expierement gone awry.

AssassinFromHell
05-Nov-2006, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't call it a grand slam. Maybe a single by the Chicago Cubs...:p

bassman
05-Nov-2006, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't call it a grand slam. Maybe a single by the Chicago Cubs...:p

I would call it a strike out with with the bases loaded.:p

jim102016
06-Nov-2006, 12:33 PM
More along the lines of one of those sports follies videos where the outfielder runs through the advertisement sign while trying to catch the ball....or when the pitcher intentionally beams the batter and starts a riot on the field.

A disaster either way.

Weiland
06-Nov-2006, 02:18 PM
The quality of this film, (Poor), can easily be assessed with one simple fact. Directed by Steve Miner. That trailer is ****. I really hope that the film is not as awful as it looks so far. Its funny how many people are looking to cash in on zombie films nowadays, and all they ever come up with is remaking everything else. Hey, so when is the remake of Fulci's Zombi' being made anyways.

Minerva_Zombi
06-Nov-2006, 06:47 PM
filming begins summer of 2008...

capncnut
06-Nov-2006, 08:01 PM
2008? I'm afraid the whole zombie trend will have died by then.

AssassinFromHell
07-Nov-2006, 12:54 AM
2008? I'm afraid the whole zombie trend will have died by then.

I have a feeling it won't die for a while. It will be like Star Trek. Give it time, we will have the dead film that will be so demented and out of shape that it will be a bitch to look at because of it's poor everything and just plain flatness. Star Trek had it's shoddy spin. It was called "Enterprise". :eek:

MinionZombie
07-Nov-2006, 10:59 AM
As soon as new wave 3D comes out with Cameron's new film, kiss the remake fad goodbye - the new fad will be re-releasing Night of the Living Dead ('68) in 3D and likewise for all other horror movies out there on DVD. For a good few years you won't be able to go to the cinema without being handed cardboard goggles and having fingers and such strangely pointed into the lense at you. :lol:

Seriously, 3D is the next big thing and that'll push the remake fad right out - at least ... I bloody well hope so (but I still think so). Hollywood is like a teenager, following nothing but fads until a new one comes along.

ngm231
07-Nov-2006, 05:26 PM
alright then? whats up with remakes and i thought dawn 04 was bad... :(

tju1973
08-Nov-2006, 02:41 AM
Ask him about the super zombies he made. The freak noise they make. The jumping out of windows. The excessive agressiveness. The speed. This is like Contagium all over again. I don't want to go prejudging this, I've been trying not to. But that trailer just scared the hell outta me.

My hoop for Mr. Reddick to jump through to win my praise has now been raised exactly five feet. :D

Hey..say what you will, but I liked it..

So what was it about again?

:confused:

where is my ganja...

Danny
08-Nov-2006, 08:07 AM
I have a feeling it won't die for a while. It will be like Star Trek. Give it time, we will have the dead film that will be so demented and out of shape that it will be a bitch to look at because of it's poor everything and just plain flatness. Star Trek had it's shoddy spin. It was called "Enterprise". :eek:

hey, i liked enterprise....

Monkey Farm
12-Nov-2006, 03:57 PM
*Ahem* I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Miner, and i wanna know what the **** your doing with my movies.
- The Gorge Romero in my head.

DeadCentral
12-Nov-2006, 05:08 PM
heh heh heh .... well said ...
Funny I haven't recieved one email from Jeffrey since I told him the buzz about the trailer was more negative than good ....I wonder why???

capncnut
12-Nov-2006, 06:36 PM
*Ahem* I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Miner, and i wanna know what the **** your doing with my movies.

Great first post man. :D

empirefilm
12-Nov-2006, 09:27 PM
the majority of folks here were very negative about the early bits and pieces from the Dawn remake, with only a few exceptions, and in my opinion it turned out very well. This looks like it may be a new concept, look, if you remake the original there's really nothing new to see.

RUSS
15-Nov-2006, 06:31 PM
bwahahahahahahahah

only kidding this film is gonna be straight to dvd by pass the cinema , well if it makes it to my local odeon with its 12 certificate , i for one will not grace it with my hard earned cash i wont even rent it ill download it off net that way the producers ect wont get the money they are hoping to steal from good honest folk like my self :elol:

when this film is released i hope it comes with an apollogy to GAR and to all the idiots that watch it at the cinema

to all the doubters the following is for you :evil:

this film will be crap

As soon as new wave 3D comes out with Cameron's new film, kiss the remake fad goodbye - the new fad will be re-releasing Night of the Living Dead ('68) in 3D and likewise for all other horror movies out there on DVD. For a good few years you won't be able to go to the cinema without being handed cardboard goggles and having fingers and such strangely pointed into the lense at you. :lol:

Seriously, 3D is the next big thing and that'll push the remake fad right out - at least ... I bloody well hope so (but I still think so). Hollywood is like a teenager, following nothing but fads until a new one comes along.

bro they tried that **** years ago with nightmare on elm street 7 just didnt work right oh and jaws 3 watched em both at cinema no good wont take off

MinionZombie
15-Nov-2006, 07:50 PM
Erm, the technology they're now using for 3-D is completely different from the cheesy stuff they used back in the B-movie era and for flicks like Friday 13th Part III: 3-D.

The new tech is partly being developed by James Cameron for one of his new movies coming out in a couple of years. It's apparently 3-D tech that actually works quite well. If it works - guaranteed that's the new fad.

UK-Xombie
17-Nov-2006, 12:20 PM
Looks ok , but i cant see it as a remake. It looks like cross between the dawn remake and 28 days later.

Monkey Farm
20-Nov-2006, 04:23 PM
It's more like Night of the Living Dead, as apposed to Day of the Dead, by the storyline aspect. Keep in mind that when Romero made his movies they were basically one singular story line over a long period of time. The different movies were just plot points in the history of the world. Now these guys are coming along, and not only are they different people writing and directing, But they are making movies that don't have a set storyline. It's a complete mockery to Romero's accomplishments.

In the long run I don't care if they make movies or not, but don't tie them in anyway to Romero and try to take away from what he did.

Jojo
20-Nov-2006, 04:31 PM
ok...I'm blonde...big deal...but I can't get that trailer to work! Any suggestions?

MinionZombie
20-Nov-2006, 06:52 PM
Update your video players - e.g. QuickTime, Windows Media Player, Flash Player etc to the latest versions. Give it a Googling or find the update option in the respective softwares.

KingStoph
27-Nov-2006, 09:26 AM
It didnt look that bad, i mean, Yes it is a remake.. APARANTRLY, But after Dawn and Day2, i didnt expect it to be Relevent

Only thing im not sure about is the Zombies Screaming, i mean... Wasnt a "MMeeerrrr!!!!" or "GGRRRAAAGGGHHH"" Enough!? i mean, i would settle with "BRAAAIINNNSSS!!!" but they made them Shriek like Raped cats :dead:

dusk_of_the_dead
03-Dec-2006, 10:30 AM
to be honest..........i never liked dawn of the dead 04 as a remake of the original but i did like it as a seperate horror/zombie movie on its own.

I often watch the remake as well as the original and i dont class them as such. i class them as completely different movies with the same name and i enjoy both.

i think that day of the dead 07 as a sequel to dawn 04 and not as a remake of day '85' looks pretty damn good. i think it will be very good i gotta say.

i'll agree its a shame they keep using the same names as old romero films but hey just think of it as a seperate movie altogether and not a remake and it seems better. plus anything with mena (hot ass) suvari is good in my opinion.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Dec-2006, 01:02 PM
So Dead Central... any word from the Jeff guy who wrote this f*cking travesty?

ssbib
08-Dec-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this film. Mainly because I just love any zombie film. Does that make me a bad person?

Neil
08-Dec-2006, 08:00 PM
So Dead Central... any word from the Jeff guy who wrote this f*cking travesty?

Come on now... Let's wait till we see it...

DjfunkmasterG
08-Dec-2006, 09:41 PM
We saw the trailer... I mean that a safe bet to tell us this film will blow chunks from here to austin.

:)

capncnut
08-Dec-2006, 09:52 PM
Screw the trailer, the movie blows chunks on principal! :lol:

DeadCentral
08-Dec-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah actually DJ, I did get an email from him over thankgiving just seeing whats up and to let me know I'll get the first OFFICIAL trailer info as soon as he gets it ....lol... and he told me about his new cable series project... I'll look up the email and fill you in later...

MinionZombie
09-Dec-2006, 11:43 AM
Screw the trailer, the movie blows chunks on principal! :lol:
Exactly, it's blatantly obvious this movie will suck. We've seen this same crap over and over again and it always turns out the same. The principles of remakes are stamped all over this hunk of junk.

Just because that "trailer" wasn't "official" doesn't mean that the movie is suddenly John Carpenter's version of The Thing level of greatness, that crappy footage we saw in that "trailer" is still in the movie and it speaks volumes about what the movie will be like.

Day of the Remake is blatantly gonna be crap and I guarantee you it will be utter tosh. 100% guaranteed.

TerryAlexanderF
10-Dec-2006, 04:34 AM
Yet that shouldn't negate that Day of the Dead has some sort of chance of not being trash. I refuse to bash any film before I see it, it makes no sense at all.

bassman
10-Dec-2006, 06:18 AM
Day of the Remake is blatantly gonna be crap and I guarantee you it will be utter tosh. 100% guaranteed.

BUT, I said the same thing about the Dawn remake(as many did, I'm sure) and it turned out to have split camps of about 50/50.

I'm not trying to disagree with you....that trailer sucks, but it doesn't mean that the film will definitely NOT have any redeemable features.

Yet that shouldn't negate that Day of the Dead has some sort of chance of not being trash. I refuse to bash any film before I see it, it makes no sense at all.

That's what I learned long ago. "You can't judge a book by it's cover". In this case....You can't judge a film by it's trailer. Although, that trailer does very little to help sale the film.:confused:

MinionZombie
10-Dec-2006, 11:31 AM
pfft, I still hold in high belief that Day of the Remake will suck copious amounts of man sack. I guarantee I'll find the movie to be a hideous rape of a classic entry to the zombie horror genre.

Yawn04 is an action movie, and the script is f*cking hideous, it's soooooooo badly written. Just because the gore is good (it's pretty hard to screw up gore) and it's filmed well, doesn't make it a good movie, in fact it's a crap movie in my opinion. Take a classic and poop Hollywood all over it and there ya go...*sigh*

I remain by my guarantee, Day of the Remake will suck.

Deaths_Shadow
12-Dec-2006, 02:24 AM
When i see sexual innuendos at the beginning of a trailer especially a zombie flick it strikes me right off the bat as a CRAPPY MOVIE. And the last thing on my mind would be gettin my groove on. I hate it when they put that crap in movies. If i want to see sex i'lle watch a porno. I liked dawn 04 somewhat but i still could have lost the one sex scene on the treadmill, for me its not just needed. Aside from that the trailer still looked horrid. It reminded me of how to many times going into blockbuster too the horror section and looking at a bunch of titles i never heard of and thinking well it might not be that bad and it ends up being even worse! But if it turns out to be descent i've got no problem in saying i was wrong. But i think most of us agree it doesn't look promissing. :rolleyes:

Chaos
12-Dec-2006, 03:11 AM
The Day remake looks worse than the Dawn remake. Ving Rhames as Captain Rhodes? Whoever was in charge of the casting needs to have his/her head checked.

When will people realize, just because Ring Vhames was good in Pulp Fiction doesn't mean that he'll be a good fit to play Captain Rhodes?

This movie is going to be pure, frothing ****. No question about it.

CrazyEyes
13-Dec-2006, 12:10 PM
This is not a REMAKE, simply a new story with an OLD TITLE. No scientists, no military base!!! Good as a zombie movie, bad as an remake.

erisi236
13-Dec-2006, 11:16 PM
Saw the trailer and I think this pretty much sums it up.....

:rockbrow: :rockbrow: :dead: :| :rockbrow: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dead: :barf:

It looks Children of the Living Dead bad, like BAD bad. It look like a random crappy straight to DVD zombie flick, why in the HELL is it called Day of the Dead? It's not even trying to be a remake, sad, really really sad. :dead:

zombiefriend
15-Dec-2006, 09:56 PM
gaaaaaayyy.....T_T

Marauder
20-Dec-2006, 03:45 PM
It kind of reminds me more along the lines of Romero's The Crazies, but with the people looking more like zombies. It is a sad day when people look at these movies and lump the beloved Dead trilogy in with them. I'm rather suprised it doesn't have Micheal Bey's name as director.

thecoldwarrior
22-Dec-2006, 01:26 AM
I have to agree with a lot of what Im reading. I think I may have posted on this thread before but I dont remember.

No I dont appreciate the fact that it does not follow the original plot line. Yes it is sad to know that the best movies ever made are being lumped in with a bunch of horrible wanna bees. I guess the powers that be just dont care about the history and originality of DotD. Zombies are a hot commodity and so its time to cash in. Night '90 sucked, Dawn remake was not great, Day remake looks bad (and I dont mean cool), Land could have been perfect (I still love you George).

Would walking zombies sell today? I think not. Since it comes down to the money, I dont think we will see them ever again. Look at Star Wars, if you really break it down to a point of not being familiar with the setting, character, and plot its really not that impressive. At the same time the simplicity of these things is what make Star Wars so great! Then the money grubbers come and steal the show (ep 1,2,3 anyone). Can we really expect something spontaneous to regenerate the same experience? Good or bad there is a reason its called the first time.

I am going to watch this new movie. I am going to enjoy it. I am going watch it again and again and again. I am never going to consider this as anything more than a copy of something original. It would take a lot of work to ever convince me to include anything new as a comparison to the 3. i like to think that I judge things fairly based on what is being presented. What is being presented is a horror movie loosely based on themes invented by George A Romero. I love 28 Days Later because it was great and original. It did what it was supposed to do. So to compare this remake with the original is worthless . Lets just hope that it is a good movie and satisfys our interests in this genre.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Jan-2007, 08:55 PM
I just read on IMDB that Warner Brothers is distributing DAY 2007 in theaters. I mean IMDB is pretty unreliable, but if Warner Brothers picked it up maybe it is better than we are thinking it is... although the WB did give us The Dukes of Hazzard movie. :moon:

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe the WB are looking to make a quick buck on the low end of making quick bucks ... I still highly doubt, nay am guaranteeing, that Day of the Remake will suck balls.

Mutineer
01-Jan-2007, 10:39 PM
I mean IMDB is pretty unreliable ...

I always hear this and wonder what this is in contrast too ?

That is a misconception at best I think.

coma
02-Jan-2007, 12:36 AM
I still highly doubt, nay am guaranteeing, that Day of the Remake will suck balls.
Definately will eat the bag, but I am pretty sure that you will see it anyway:D

I know I will.

Brubaker
02-Jan-2007, 12:43 AM

IMDB unreliable? Its got to be more reliable than Wikipedia.

DeadCentral
02-Jan-2007, 09:34 AM

In contrast to actual facts ...IMDB has perhaps 30% of the facts on actors/actresses accurate, thats a given, after reading many of these stars info on IMDB and then interviewing a few I found myself with egg on my face more than once...most of the info on there is put in by users who think they're in the know & IMDB does not verify this info...so as DJ stated...It's pretty unreliable.

MinionZombie
02-Jan-2007, 11:21 AM
Agreed, IMDb is useless for films that are in production or especially pre-production, the facts are scattergun in their truth and are often based on rumors taken as absolute fact.

IMDb is great for films that are fully out there, it's especially good movies that have been around for a year or so and then beyond that it's also rather good. It's just the problem with films that are incomplete and in production.

UglyZombie
02-Jan-2007, 07:15 PM

This is comment is inane and meaningless. Movies are made for people to watch. Fans of this genre know what they like and when general disapproval is met, the people involved in making the film should care enough to modify what they're presenting to their public.

It's a cheap and sneaky movie riding on the name of another movie, just to make something that completely obliterates the source material. For instance, it would be nice for once if someone were to remake a film, adding in the material that had to be lost because of budget cuts from the previous run. Or fleshing out the original material from a different perspective.

Making a cheap budget action film with zombies slapped in is not a remake. It only shares the title of the original and that's misleading.

And for the record, if you give me a budget, I'll make you a zombie film. Dish out the cash and I'll prove you wrong.

RazielTalos
02-Jan-2007, 10:58 PM
I think it looks alright. It looks different enough to be a good film. I got the impression it was just gonna be a straight remake of Day, which lets face it doesn't need to happen. At least this is different enough to be a stand alone movie. I'm interested in seeing the Zombie Outbreak from the Army's point of view, I'm actually lookin forward to this now.

I cant kind of agree but not. I was hoping that they would maybe take the original draft of Day Of The Dead (i never get tired of reading it), with the Soldier zombies, and the whole underground civilization/ghetto and all that crazy shyt.:elol:

But Im sure ill plunk down my money to see it anyway, zombies are zombies, even if they do run around yelling like retards at Chuck E Cheese

Brubaker
03-Jan-2007, 05:43 PM
This is comment is inane and meaningless. Movies are made for people to watch. Fans of this genre know what they like and when general disapproval is met, the people involved in making the film should care enough to modify what they're presenting to their public.

It's a cheap and sneaky movie riding on the name of another movie, just to make something that completely obliterates the source material. For instance, it would be nice for once if someone were to remake a film, adding in the material that had to be lost because of budget cuts from the previous run. Or fleshing out the original material from a different perspective.

Making a cheap budget action film with zombies slapped in is not a remake. It only shares the title of the original and that's misleading.

And for the record, if you give me a budget, I'll make you a zombie film. Dish out the cash and I'll prove you wrong.

Part of the point of making a movie is for people who are watching it to wonder what is going to happen. Finally putting GAR's original script on screen may sound good on paper but you can't seriously do this and expect any sort of support in the theaters. It would be straight to dvd or maybe even tv. How many people are really going to watch it knowing everything that is going to happen word-for-word?

RazielTalos
03-Jan-2007, 10:31 PM
Part of the point of making a movie is for people who are watching it to wonder what is going to happen. Finally putting GAR's original script on screen may sound good on paper but you can't seriously do this and expect any sort of support in the theaters. It would be straight to dvd or maybe even tv. How many people are really going to watch it knowing everything that is going to happen word-for-word?

Im sure there would be more support for George's original script, which I think is awesome and worthy of being on the big screen, than this other f'n CHUD writing a remake for Day, but using Snyder's Dawn remake as "original" source material. THat I think is the biggest insult to the Man more than anything else, and I cant believe how George can approve of this POS happening, and Im sure after all is said and done, he'l still say its good.

At least Anne Rice had the courage to say how disappointed she was (along with every self respecting fan of hers) when she saw Queen of The Damned. George can learn a thing or two from her on this point.

Shadowofthedead
08-Jan-2007, 10:02 PM
you all just shut up with the negative garbage... their zombies... thats why we are here... hell i got horny just knowing doom was out i love zombies in every size shape and form... especailly midget zombies their sexy groovy baby.. just kiddin... isnt that why we are here in general not just for romero but for the zombiphilia as well... ill be damned if ill allow someone to talk bad about anykind of zombie... even if ASH is the shizzle!!! hell im reading city of the dead right now by brian keene darn good book and i just spread some zombie love passing on my copy of world war z to a friend... thats why we are here... so what if the movie will be crap like you say. people can only work with what they are given money wise... and besides you all know when you get drunk youll pop this movie in the dvd player (vcrs are obsolete) and have a round about with it. any way if they wanted to do it right they wouldve went with the "ORIGNAL" scripted that was never thought of twice... the one where they trained an army of zombies on a remote island... its here some where i know ive read it. so quit crapping on the movie numb nuts and enjoy the flick... hell atleast you get to see boobies and hot chicks running around thats enough to pay 6 bucks to see it

Brubaker
09-Jan-2007, 03:55 PM
Im sure there would be more support for George's original script, which I think is awesome and worthy of being on the big screen, than this other f'n CHUD writing a remake for Day, but using Snyder's Dawn remake as "original" source material. THat I think is the biggest insult to the Man more than anything else, and I cant believe how George can approve of this POS happening, and Im sure after all is said and done, he'l still say its good.

At least Anne Rice had the courage to say how disappointed she was (along with every self respecting fan of hers) when she saw Queen of The Damned. George can learn a thing or two from her on this point.

Don't use Anne Rice as an example. She was the one that basically said the cast of characters chosen for Interview were lousy actors. This is before she even watched it. Whether or not people here like Tom Cruise, Christian Slater or Brad Pitt is irrelevant. What is relevant is that she had to backpedal and say it turned out better than she expected after she saw the movie. So the only one with egg on their face after the Interview movie was Anne Rice.

It'd get people here excited if Romero started ripping on all of these other directors or writers but it doesn't accomplish anything in the grand scheme of things.

That is like trying to feel sympathy for Stephen King when he knowingly signed away sequel rights for most of the earlier movies based on his work. What do I mean? He has said in multiple interviews that he was well aware that by signing on to do some of the movies that he gave a given company the rights to make a sequel down the road. So he has nobody to blame but himself for movies like Pet Sematary 2, Sometimes They Come Back Again, A Return to Salem's Lot or Children of the Corn 2-7 ever existing.

bassman
09-Jan-2007, 04:01 PM
Bubaker is right. He already made his film and he knows this won't top it or even compare to it. Why whine and moan about it? There's not much he can do.

I seem to remember an interview with Romero where he is asked what he thinks about his films getting re-made and his response is something along the lines of:

When talking to Stephen King about this subject, he simply pointed to the bookshelf and said "look.....there are my stories. They've not changed and they'll always be there".

tomfunker
11-Jan-2007, 06:29 PM
either way
im still going to try to get the ever elusive, first ticket number.
looks like it will be a good movie.

Mr.X
14-Feb-2007, 05:49 PM
This film will suck. Have no illusions. :barf:

ILoVeZoMbiE
14-Feb-2007, 10:16 PM
this movie is only garbage and ****. the zombie make-up is ridiculous

capncnut
14-Feb-2007, 10:23 PM
Now, now. Never judge a book by it's cover.

I wonder if the director has got the message yet? :lol:

El_Hooligan
14-Feb-2007, 10:24 PM
That looks terrible! It doesn't even attempt to follow Day's plot!

EvilNed
14-Feb-2007, 10:34 PM
It might still be entertaining. That's all I'm asking for.

coma
15-Feb-2007, 02:43 AM
This movie is gonna take a delicious bite of my penis:D

bassman
15-Feb-2007, 03:35 AM
My highest hopes for the flick is that it's an entertaining summer popcorn action movie. Other than that...I dunno....

I feel sorry for the creators of this remake if they visit this forum.:lol:

DeadCentral
15-Feb-2007, 09:35 AM
Now, now. Never judge a book by it's cover.

I wonder if the director has got the message yet? :lol:

I know Jeffery Reddick does read the posts here , I don't know his user name , but he's mentioned comments he's read about peoples attitude toward the film in his emails ....no further details from him on it btw.

Neil
15-Feb-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm happy to wait and see what's it's actually like... But the scenes of super bouncy godzilla zombies worries me...

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2007, 10:03 AM
I feel sorry for the creators of this remake if they visit this forum.

pfft, I don't, they should expect this sort of reaction and more - they're yet again raping the good work of George A. Romero, hopping on the bandwagon, jumping on the unoriginality express...wankers.

Neil
15-Feb-2007, 10:54 AM
pfft, I don't, they should expect this sort of reaction and more - they're yet again raping the good work of George A. Romero, hopping on the bandwagon, jumping on the unoriginality express...wankers.

The Day remake sounds even more removed from the original than the Dawn remake surely?

It does appear that using the name "Day of the Dead" is taking a bit of a liberty... ie: What has it really got in common with that film?

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2007, 12:24 PM
The Day remake sounds even more removed from the original than the Dawn remake surely?

It does appear that using the name "Day of the Dead" is taking a bit of a liberty... ie: What has it really got in common with that film?
Exactly - it's all about raping GAR's work, using the name of his work, trying to pinch the hard-earned and long-since established cult success of his films, to slather it over their piece of garbage.

I really wish people would make original films instead, how can a filmmaker sleep at night knowing they're using someone else's success to try and make their piece of crap somehow more 'worthwhile' or 'more likely to be watched'? :rolleyes:

John Carpenter's "The Thing" - that is a remake, and that is how remakes should be done - once in a blue moon and done properly.

HLS
15-Feb-2007, 01:05 PM

Here you go Neil! Enjoy! I could not see it as well so I found it on youtube. it does not look good but I will go to see it never the less

ObYs3q4ix2o

Neil
15-Feb-2007, 01:48 PM
Here you go Neil! Enjoy! I could not see it as well so I found it on youtube. it does not look good but I will go to see it never the less

*cough* Look at the first post on this thread! *smack* :)

HLS
15-Feb-2007, 01:54 PM
*cough* Look at the first post on this thread! *smack* :)

:rolleyes: The links on the first post of the thread do not work:p :eek:

Neil
15-Feb-2007, 03:09 PM
:rolleyes: The links on the first post of the thread do not work:p :eek:

The link in my amendment/footnote to that post does! (The post MZ quoted of mine is four months old!)

capncnut
15-Feb-2007, 04:23 PM
It does appear that using the name "Day of the Dead" is taking a bit of a liberty... ie: What has it really got in common with that film?Exactly - it's all about raping GAR's work, using the name of his work, trying to pinch the hard-earned and long-since established cult success of his films, to slather it over their piece of garbage.

I couln't agree more with both of those comments.

John Carpenter's "The Thing" - that is a remake, and that is how remakes should be done - once in a blue moon and done properly.

Perfect example of a remake that not only retains the creepy atmosphere of the original but actually might well be BETTER than the original.

Sticking to the Carpenter theme, the best remake I saw in recent 'remakey' times was Assault on Precinct 13. Okay, it don't TOUCH the original but I thought it was a pretty decent little flick.

Leguizamo and Rhames - remake royalty. :lol:

The link in my amendment/footnote to that post does!

Aye, works for me too.

coma
15-Feb-2007, 07:26 PM
The things is half remake and half readaptation of "Who goes there" Adding and removing elements of each.
The 1950s thing was dated badly in the FX department, while I dont think Day is dated at all. Haircuts and fashion aren't an issue in that film, The only thing old is no CGI, thank god.

The BIG difference is John Carpenter actually obviously LOVED the Thing and wanted to make it extra great to show his love.
The makers of Yawn 04 and Day of the Douche , no matter what they say, have no love whatsoever for GAR and are BARELY FAMILIAR with the films. They try to say otherwise, but are flat out lieing.

Sticking to the Carpenter theme, the best remake I saw in recent 'remakey' times was Assault on Precinct 13. Okay, it don't TOUCH the original but I thought it was a pretty decent little flick.

I thought it utterly and absolutely sucked. I knew it sucked in the first 5 minutes and wished I picked ANY other movie to see. Boring, Predictable, Nonsense foreshadowing and telegraphing that was painfully ham handed,
Utter crap

I think they remake because they have years of someone else's marketing and word of mouth and name recognition. "Branding" UGH. Ever talk to a marketing major. They are total buttheads who speak a weird manufactured foreign language

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2007, 08:11 PM
True, Carpenter's "Thing" was half remaking the movie, half going back to the source and delivering what the book talked about that couldn't be achieved back in the day - but yes, the love for the material and RESPECT for the material too, that really shines through. Carpenter's "Thing" is wonderfully crafted and is still a terrifying film.

And the Ass-ault on Precinct 13 remake was tosh, it was so Hollywood and so cut 'n' paste, there was nothing stand out about it. When I saw the original I flipped out when the little kid got killed ... I was like "pfft, they don't kill kids in movies" and then BLAM!!! Shotgun to the face - "WHAT THE F*CK?!" The original had grit, it had style and it didn't have Ethan Hawk in it (nor the broad-accented woman attached to those big jugs who was in Joey)...

capncnut
15-Feb-2007, 08:19 PM
A agree that it wasn't a patch on the original but (to me anyway) it was one of the better remakes that year.

Exatreides
28-Feb-2007, 10:57 PM
That trailer was so bad, it made me question my own sexuality.

coma
28-Feb-2007, 11:23 PM
(nor the broad-accented woman attached to those big jugs who was in Joey)...
She was in the sopranos too, for a bunch of years. The accent is from Queen, NY. You forgot her spectacular ass.

LuxorCaw
15-Mar-2007, 05:53 AM
I know I may be bringing up an old thread, but after watching the trailer, what the hell does the new movie have to do with the original Day? They arent in a silo, nor do they seem to be boxed in, and they arent trying to "train" the zombies. So how can they even call this a remake? Unless its a sequel to Yawn '04 so thats how they are justifying the GAR name, but other than that, I dont know how they can even call it Day of the Dead.

Movie looks DVD rental at best.

capncnut
15-Mar-2007, 06:53 AM
It's not a remake or anything resembling the original rules. It's a turd sent from Satan's ass to further pollute the back catalogue of Romero's filmmaking.

Btw Luxor, loving the Neptune avatar. :cool:

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2007, 01:20 PM
It's not a remake or anything resembling the original rules. It's a turd sent from Satan's ass to further pollute the back catalogue of Romero's filmmaking.
Spot-the-fudge-on.

And it can't even be a sequel to Yawn04 I don't think, because Ving Rhames is in it, and he's a cop in that, now in Day of the Remake he's an army guy, so there's no connection there, just taking a name of a GOOD movie, which has justifiably been a success and achieved a cult following and lots of respect - they come along and rape it all for themselves.

IT'S F*CKING SICKENING.

F*CK Day of the Remake, F*CK IT BIG STYLE WITH A CHAINSAW!

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 03:12 AM
And it can't even be a sequel to Yawn04 I don't think, because Ving Rhames is in it, and he's a cop in that, now in Day of the Remake he's an army guy, so there's no connection there, just taking a name of a GOOD movie, which has justifiably been a success and achieved a cult following and lots of respect - they come along and rape it all for themselves.
Not only that but it takes place on the 'day' of the uprising. Flying zombies? Jeez, I'm still getting over that one. :lol:

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2007, 11:40 AM
So once again, it's got nothing to do with the original movie, except that it's taking the good name and well-justified cult success and critical acclaim of the GAR film, RAPING it even, flat out THIEVING it.

What a bunch of scumbags, they can ALL go and suck a f*ck.

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 11:53 AM
What a bunch of scumbags, they can ALL go and suck a f*ck.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :cool::lol:

Tricky
29-Mar-2007, 06:56 PM
Jesus,i just watched the trailer on youtube,and it really does look dogsh*t dildo :(

chuck813
01-Apr-2007, 06:16 AM
i think if you are a true zombie movie fan you would wait and make judgements after you see the movie. I myself cant wait to see it,anyone know an opening date

coma
01-Apr-2007, 04:16 PM
i think if you are a true zombie movie fan you would wait and make judgements after you see the movie. I myself cant wait to see it,anyone know an opening date
I keep an open mind for GAR's film, but have low expectations for any remake. as far as not being able to wait. I can wait. Ill see it, but I aint paying this time.:mad:
Y'know the trailer is supposed to make a film look better than it may be. That trailer sucked so bad that, if supposing the trailer present it in its best light, it is reallllllly going to suck

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2007, 05:54 PM
Y'know the trailer is supposed to make a film look better than it may be. That trailer sucked so bad that, if supposing the trailer present it in its best light, it is reallllllly going to suck

Perzactamundo...remakes by their very nature (in this day and age) are almost guaranteed to suck the fat one and/or just be lame and/or nowhere near the quality of the original, ergo, just by using common sense Careers of the Dead will chow down on teabag soup when/if it comes out...

TCM2003 - not bad, enjoyable, not a patch on the original
Yawn04 - trumped up videogame movie, terrible/atrocious/soul-raping script, nowhere at all near the quality of the original
Hills Have Eyes 2006 - falls for some modern traits annoyingly, over all not a bad flick, but the original wasn't hot sh*t in the first place
The Fog - only heard atrocious things about it, the original was a masterclass in horror filmmaking

And so on...

TCDarkness
01-Apr-2007, 08:39 PM
You can't always tell how bad/good a movie is by its trailer, but when a trailer shows you bad stuff, it usually means the movie is bad. I have no hope for this. That said, I'll be there for opening day.... at Blockbuster. :D

fartpants
03-Apr-2007, 04:20 PM
i am not normally into pirate copies of movies, but that is the only way i will see this movie, judging by the trailer even Ģ2.99 rental is too much

raym
05-Apr-2007, 06:24 AM
You can't always tell how bad/good a movie is by its trailer, but when a trailer shows you bad stuff, it usually means the movie is bad. I have no hope for this. That said, I'll be there for opening day.... at Blockbuster. :D

lol.

Maybe NetFlix.:dead:

JohnoftheDead
05-Apr-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello all, new poster here, longtime lurker. This trailer does lead me to believe that this film will suck much balls, & it probably will. However, I must say that maybe I'm retarded, but I pretty much give any zombie flick at least one viewing, mostly after it's out on video, I rarely fork out the cash to actually see a movie in the the theatre, unless if George or some other director I respect made the film. Movie theatres are WAY overpriced. The only point I want to make is a comment made by Stephen King, then reused by George concerning people ruining George's movies. They both said my movie/book isn't ruined, it's right there on the shelf behind me if you want to watch/read it. On a side note, I think Dawn 04 would have been a great (action) movie, had it been named something else.

Neil
05-Apr-2007, 03:17 PM
Hello all, new poster here, longtime lurker. This trailer does lead me to believe that this film will suck much balls, & it probably will. However, I must say that maybe I'm retarded, but I pretty much give any zombie flick at least one viewing, mostly after it's out on video, I rarely fork out the cash to actually see a movie in the the theatre, unless if George or some other director I respect made the film. Movie theatres are WAY overpriced. The only point I want to make is a comment made by Stephen King, then reused by George concerning people ruining George's movies. They both said my movie/book isn't ruined, it's right there on the shelf behind me if you want to watch/read it. On a side note, I think Dawn 04 would have been a great (action) movie, had it been named something else.

Howdy... I think a number of things in the trailer have seriously concerned people.

eg:-
1) Super dooper bouncy/jumpy zombies. When someone's dead you'd think their body would probably not function as well, yet alone allow them to bounce around like a ninja on crack!
2) You'd think that when someone's dead their vocal chords wouldn't change such that they start emitting supernatural'esque cries similar to Godzilla.

If someone is willing to put this sort of stuff on film, it doesn't bode well for the rest of it.

Yes, I'll wait to watch it before forming a final opinion, but thus far I'm not expecting much!

Trancelikestate
05-Apr-2007, 03:57 PM
so.... i saw on IMDB that the release date was cancelled. do we know anything else about it? capn, i know you and i breifly discussed it. maybe realeasing strait to dvd? yeah, the trailer sucks pretty bad. it has a contagium vibe :p i do kinda like mena suvari though. (not her skills, just her pretty face) :D

capncnut
05-Apr-2007, 06:12 PM
i saw on IMDB that the release date was cancelled. do we know anything else about it? capn, i know you and i breifly discussed it. maybe realeasing strait to dvd?
I've been looking into this further and it appears that the April release date has definitely been cancelled. Unfortunately it's not going straight to dvd but is going to get a bigger launch this October so it can coincide with Halloween. I might be wrong but a lot of sites are reporting this to be a fact. I guess we wont know until it is announced officially.

adventous
07-May-2007, 03:19 PM
for the love of l ron muhameed christ,

some of you expect too damn much. it didn't look that bad. it definitly didn't look like something the lame ass sci fi channel made, considering i seen no lame CGI graphics. from what i've read about this, they're not trying remake the original frame for frame (unlike the omen :rolleyes: ), just trying to show what happens in a day of the outbreak. the only thing i seen wrong was that the zombies looked liked runners, which i'm not fond of, but i'm not going to discredit the movie over it.

Dude you seriously have no love for Zombie films. If I'm honest with you Dawn of the dead remake was a pile of **** the originals were much better masterpieces. I am fed up with modern directors who have lost the passion and art of creating films. They think they can feed us **** like that and we like it...... give me a break. Day of the dead remake will not be getting the thumbs up from me. Just shows how little modern directors care about films

horrormad
27-Jul-2008, 04:59 PM
The Day remake was ok nothing special It much better than the dawn remake I read alot of bad reviews for the movie then I got a copy of It and actually enjoied It It wasnt the best In the word the special effects arent the best but still give It a watch It.

Bub666
27-Jul-2008, 06:46 PM
I hated the Day remake.It is the worse zombie movie ever.

sandrock74
01-Jan-2009, 04:41 PM
I just saw it last night (for free) and it was an average action film.

It was NOT a zombie film. Zombies don't run like the Flash, climb walls/ceilings like Spider-Man and roar like a dinosaur. Zombies also aren't picky and choosey about their eating habits ("I'm a vegetarian.") and Nick Cannons one liners, while supposed to show how tough and bad he was, were just too forced.
The ending was also really predictable, even the last "zombie" who jumps at the camera at the very end.

Like I said, it's an average action film and should not be looked at as anything other than that. It certainly should NOT have used the Day of the Dead title. All in all, I will give it: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2009, 07:17 PM
Average is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too kind to this rank and absolutely fetid sack of sh*t that is Ghey'08.

I've seen plenty of average actioners, and they all utterly skull f*ck the non-existent brains out of this absolutely ghastly, name-raping pile of anus.

sandrock74
01-Jan-2009, 09:47 PM
absolutely ghastly, name-raping pile of anus.

Would you mind terribly if I use this phrase in the future? It is absolutely freakin' spectacular! :lol:

MinionZombie
02-Jan-2009, 10:22 AM
Would you mind terribly if I use this phrase in the future? It is absolutely freakin' spectacular! :lol:
By all means, good Sir. :)

And that's the medical definition of the Day of the Dead Remake as well. :sneaky::D

archivesofthede
12-Jan-2009, 02:54 PM
Dude you seriously have no love for Zombie films. If I'm honest with you Dawn of the dead remake was a pile of **** the originals were much better masterpieces. I am fed up with modern directors who have lost the passion and art of creating films. They think they can feed us **** like that and we like it...... give me a break. Day of the dead remake will not be getting the thumbs up from me. Just shows how little modern directors care about films

I disagree.

2004 Dawn is probably the best zombie film since Day of the Dead was released in 1985. Was it better? No. Was it close? Yes. The only other one was Land of the Dead, which is probably just right under it.

Zack Snyder did a fantastic job and I'm a fan of his work. :p

The Day remake was :mad: bad, but it was still better than a lot of other films that have came out over the last 10 years.

AcesandEights
12-Jan-2009, 04:32 PM
Right on, Archives! :thumbsup:

clanglee
12-Jan-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah archives. . I gotta throw my own "word up" in there for ya as well.