PDA

View Full Version : New Day trailer seen. Now how many think it will suck?

Cody
23-Oct-2006, 04:27 PM
Cuz I do. :moon: :confused:

bassman
23-Oct-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm going to give it a chance. But that trailer sure doesn't help it out.:confused:

livingdeadboy
23-Oct-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm going to give it a chance. But that trailer sure doesn't help it out.:confused:

agreed.

Neil
23-Oct-2006, 09:40 PM
Not an option there I can take - I'm concerned but will have to see more...

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 10:13 PM
I was tempted to vote in the 'cant be sure' category but if I did, I would only be lying to myself. This movie is gonna suck BIG TIME! Dog goobers, in fact...

DeadCentral
23-Oct-2006, 10:16 PM
add one more response....

Completely undecided & refusing to answer at this point....

AssassinFromHell
24-Oct-2006, 03:04 AM
add one more response....

Completely undecided & refusing to answer at this point....

I'm not permenantly decided, but lemme put this in. If that reflects the film, then I'm afraid to see that Reddick's "fanhood" is as useless as say, James Gunn's. Not to sound like a basher, but these zombies look WORSE than that of DAWN 04's (yes, those words did exit my mouth, worse than DAWN 04). I knew with Nick Cannon and that other chick that it was going to be all kiddyish. I knew the writing would be kiddish like Final Destination...unless I see otherwise. Casting needs to be beaten with an iron stick too.

Yes, I'm goin Roger Ebert on this garbage before I see it. :eek:

Burbank
03-Nov-2006, 03:07 PM
At least when they ripped of the title Dawn of the Dead for the 04 remake it was kinda a remake.

I think, if this trailer had been released and we had no idea that it was "Day of the Dead" then generally I think the community would have been more open to the film. I mean it's got the staples of horror it in - teenagers, sex and gore (and Tony Todd), but the fact they are trying to suggest it's got anything to do with the Romero's films is laughable.

I'll give it a chance on DVD as it's unlikely to be appearing at a cinema near me any time soon.

It looks a lot better than House of the Dead and "Day of the Dead 2" (which also had nothing to do with Romero's film).

bassman
03-Nov-2006, 03:14 PM
Tony Todd is in this one?:confused:

Adrenochrome
03-Nov-2006, 03:36 PM
there's NO doubt in my mind that this flcik will suck fat, gorilla beanbag!

scotty Boy
03-Nov-2006, 03:59 PM
the only reason im having doubts is because it is quite frankly a 'remake'

If this film went by a differnt title and eased up on the extreme pace of these creatures i would very much doubt i would be expecting a bad film. Purly because we have expectations for GAR films and we love the original, so for someone to come along and changed what we already know so well will make us think ehhh not so good. But as i said if it wasnt related to the original maybe just maybe we would enjoy this movie a bit better

No... ok ill shut up haha:dead:

AssassinFromHell
04-Nov-2006, 04:49 PM
The thing that always bothers me when people use the "enjoy the movie like its a standalone" excuse is, that, it is not a standalone. You can't view a remake as a standalone. That would be like Rob Zombie turning Michael Myers into a big city gangsta who goes around killing with a gun. It is a remake. The makers know damn well what it is. They should give some respect to the movie they're destroying. They preach about how people don't like it because it is so far from the original. Well durr, it's a remake. I'm not saying make a carbon copy, but look at NIGHT 90. NIGHT 90 pulled off a decent remake and it wasnt durastically changed.

scotty Boy
04-Nov-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree as its being released as a remake and its not what we know it is we cant think of it as an original but a poor effort of a remake. But if it wasnt a remake of Day but a normal one off zombie film maybe we would appreciate it more and enjoy it more.

This is why im giving it a chance, im looking forward to it because 1. its a zombie movie and 2. because i want to see how differnt it actually is to the original

MinionZombie
04-Nov-2006, 08:44 PM
Day of the Remake will tickle old man sack before devouring them with ravished excitement, mulling the old man balls around like a cow chews cud. Then it'll suck some more.

Guaranteed, 100%, Day of the Remake will, undoubtedly, SUCK.