PDA

View Full Version : Writing script for short vampire film... with a twist

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 07:36 PM
I am almost done and have to review it a few times for consistency, but the premise is about a couple whom had been having discussions about partner swapping for many months and when they both get the courage to do it the partners they decide to swap with are VAMPIRES.

Just screams cheese doesn't it. :D

bassman
23-Oct-2006, 07:42 PM
Throw some snakes in there and you've got a hit!:p

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 08:13 PM
snakes on a... has been done to death

We have

Snakes on a Plane
Snakes on a Train
Snakes in a Minivan

No one has wife swapping vampires. :D

Think, Consenting Adults... with Vampires

kortick
23-Oct-2006, 08:55 PM
damn man
where do you get the time
to do all these cool projects?

it sounds like this idea could be a lot of fun

and it reminds me of an experience i had
with this couple that me and my girlfriend
got together with...

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 09:25 PM
damn man
where do you get the time
to do all these cool projects?

it sounds like this idea could be a lot of fun

and it reminds me of an experience i had
with this couple that me and my girlfriend
got together with...

I don't have the time I just make it, but I blame my thought process on drugs. :D

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 09:49 PM
I am almost done and have to review it a few times for consistency, but the premise is about a couple whom had been having discussions about partner swapping for many months and when they both get the courage to do it the partners they decide to swap with are VAMPIRES.

Just screams cheese doesn't it. :D

That sounds like one of the coolest ideas for a vampire story in ages. When I read people's ideas on this site it inspires me to keep at it too...

DjfunkmasterG
23-Oct-2006, 11:10 PM
That sounds like one of the coolest ideas for a vampire story in ages. When I read people's ideas on this site it inspires me to keep at it too...

Thanks ... Keep in mind it would just be a short film

Fulcifan91
24-Oct-2006, 12:11 AM
I already voulenteer Christian and my own time to help with makeup on this. Vampire prosthetics are a pretty easy concept.

Danny
24-Oct-2006, 01:34 AM
you gotta make the vampire dude short, fat, balding and with a speech impediment theres a vampire film twist right there.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Oct-2006, 09:44 PM
Nah, I wanna do the sleazy euro trash style zombie who would bend you over and take a walk up your strada-chocolata WHILE he's suckin' the blood out of your ass

zombie04
25-Oct-2006, 12:54 AM
Nah, I wanna do the sleazy euro trash style zombie who would bend you over and take a walk up your strada-chocolata WHILE he's suckin' the blood out of your ass

wow, you've really put some thought into this, haven't you?

Eyebiter
25-Oct-2006, 02:42 AM
Seen John Carpenters Vampires recently?

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't have the time I just make it, but I blame my thought process on drugs. :D

Not a truer statement out there.. :lol:

Actually, this sounded like a hell of a cool idea the first time he pitched it to me. I like the idea, and if he uses the actors he wants to be in it, it's gonna be awesome (and you might notice a familiar face or two.. ;))

LC

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 12:50 PM
So is this gonna be a smaller project you guys do between now and Deadlands 2? Sounds like it could be rather funky. :)

Room temperature edible nutritious seeds of the Legume family... :thumbsup::cool:

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 01:00 PM
So is this gonna be a smaller project you guys do between now and Deadlands 2? Sounds like it could be rather funky. :)

Room temperature edible nutritious seeds of the Legume family... :thumbsup::cool:

:lol: :lol: another quote for my list.. :p

Umm, I think so, yeah. Dj just started talking about this idea a few days ago, and I told him if he needs me, I'm there in a heartbeat. We'll have to see what develops. I'm sure this is something that would get done prior to DL2, 'cause once DL2 starts, as they say in Highlander, 'there can be only one' - one project at a time. ;)

This is going to be a short, so I see no reason it couldn't be completed pretty quickly, and way prior to principal photography for DL2. ;)

DjfunkmasterG
25-Oct-2006, 01:05 PM
I am actually writing another draft with a completely different storyline... just in case I can't get the actors I hope to get. So I will change the story and plot around as a back-up.

One version will have the wife swapping aspect and the other.... won't

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 01:15 PM
If you guys needed my help on anything - not sure what that'd be, being all the way across the Atlantic - but you know, just so you know, even if it's just to run an idea by a 'virgin pair of eyes' ... which is an ironic statement in a way, because if you poke me in the eyes they'll bleed. :elol:

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 01:29 PM
MZ - You just made my list one quote longer.. :lol:

Sounds like a good plan, Dj. I just hope you get the two actors you wanted originally for this idea. Would be cool to see, although their availability is the real question.

LC

DjfunkmasterG
25-Oct-2006, 01:39 PM
I just sent MZ and LOU a present... the working draft of the original idea.

Now it is time to start the second draft with the alternate story.

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2006, 12:45 PM
Sat down and read it last night, it's amazing how much you find yourself twiddling your thumbs and sighing when you don't have your beloved desktop at home ... anyway, read it, and thought it was pretty nifty. Niiiice. :thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
27-Oct-2006, 01:56 PM
Well throw it away...

I am not going to do it. I am writing another VAMPIRE script called Night Fall. Think NOTLD with VAMPIRES. An entire small town under siege from blood thirsty Vampires.

I talked to Lou about it last night, and I am wailing away on the script. I should have half the story done before I go home or the day.

If I can find the $$$$ for it, it will be my 2007 project.

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2006, 05:56 PM
lol, oh well - kickass anyway, sounds nifty - Night of the Living Vampires. :cool:

Cool beans.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Oct-2006, 11:35 PM
Think NOTLD meets John Carpenter's VAMPIRES without all the spot on one-liners and over the top gore and story.

In fact the opening for the story is written to be shot just like the original HALLOWEEN with showing the town, and naming it and putting what year it is etc etc.

You will know the whole story within the first 10 minutes of the film, then it is the plight of 4 people on the way to their friends college graduation. :cool:

Danny
28-Oct-2006, 01:44 AM
one thing im gonna point out is when we were doing the semester on bad movies we were all told how "if a film has to say what year it is i.e actually say '1949' then its a sign of a bad film only good ones can do ti without telling you", like when donnie darko's sister states who she's gonna vote for, or the german soldiers in the opening to the first xmen film.

not trying to diss nor put down, just food for thought.:)

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2006, 10:25 AM
Not always - Halloween gives two dates in the first 10 minutes, and it's a phenomenal piece of filmmaking. Back when Carpenter was knocking them out the park, long before his rotator cuff went kaput.

Minority Report also says what date it is at the beginning - another good film.

Perhaps some of the dates your teacher is talking about have more to do with the perceived average IQ of the audience, rather than the quality of the film? :sneaky:

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2006, 07:46 PM
Agreed, MZ.

Think about it - the world in 1922 looked about the same as 1929. The world in 1981 looked about the same it did in 1988 - but yet we're supposed to be able to differentiate that in a film just by the "look" and the way the set is dressed or by something someone said? Man, the attention-deficit people of this world and their short attention spans end up missing half of the details in a movie anyway upon first viewing.

No offense hellsing, that's not directed at you - I just think your teacher was puffin' some finely rolled HPotD when he said that. :D

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 09:54 PM
Another addition - people watching movies after-the-fact. Like, I didn't live in the 1940s, so like you said a film from 1941 will look basically the same as one from 1949 - obviously as a graduate of film (:smug git smiley:) I'd notice technological advances in sight and sound (e.g. The Maltese Falcon versus The Third Man, or even The Best Years of Our Lives) - but the average punter wouldn't.

Also, if there's nothing to denote the date except for some socio-political subtext (heck, even blatant illustrations of said text), and you weren't around at that specific time, you won't understand at what time the film was - unless you know the bit of pub quiz history knowledge to back it up (or were taught it at school, which isn't bloody likely with Labour's hashed waste of children's early years).

Also - films set in the future, you need to state the date, because we're in the future - which we haven't physically experienced ourselves yet, and when we get there, it'll be the present. :lol:

hehehe, I wonder if Hellsing will go back to his teacher with our trampling of the theory put forth? :D