PDA

View Full Version : David Sedaris the Dead-Head

BUTCHYPIE
23-Oct-2006, 11:55 PM
Okay, so I never thought I'd type the name David Sedaris in these forums anywhere...

He's my all-time favorite humor writer, and so I shelled out $40 to hear him read some of his essays last week -- that's a fan, people.

In closing his reading, he mentions that he likes to recommend one or two books on each tour that the audience should read, besides his own. For this tour, he's recommending two books: The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z by Max Brooks.

From the way David Sedaris talked about the books, you could tell he's a total dead-head. Who knew, he was one of us?

As a side note, he also read a work in progress, a gruesome essay about his time working in a morgue. He said his editor wants him to tone it down a bit, but he likes the gory stuff and may keep it. Listen for this on NPR in the coming week.

By the way, if you don't know who David Sedaris is, don't buy his work, thinking that he does anything close to the zombie genre. I'm just mentioning it, because he was such an unlikely, although enthusiastic fan.

-