PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell, people?!

deadpunk
24-Oct-2006, 04:45 AM
Is it just me, or do any of you remember when the fiction discussion board was one of the most active boards on the site? Since switching to the new forums, it's become the most stagnant one.

What's it gonna take to get the party started again? :evil:

How about a thread similar to the one in GD, the three word story? We could start a NEVER-ENDING story here, where writers are allowed to add one post at a time, but can't post again until someone else does.

Or, we could use a writing prompt; post a pic and see who can write the best tale.

Something! Anything!

Where have all the writers gone?!:mad:

Danny
24-Oct-2006, 07:49 AM
well since fictions still on the old board and its stupid to post a thread here with just the first few chapters, or the whole thing people dont really have the need to talk about it, we just write, and we just read it, i wouldnt have it any other way.:cool:

Graebel
24-Oct-2006, 07:20 PM
How about a thread similar to the one in GD, the three word story? We could start a NEVER-ENDING story here, where writers are allowed to add one post at a time, but can't post again until someone else does.

Three words are too short to accomplish anything. We did a five sentence one on another board I like and that was fun.

Eyebiter
24-Oct-2006, 07:40 PM
It would be better if the fiction section authenticated to the new board instead of the old one. Right now it's a hassle to log in on the VBB board, then have to log out and relog for the old board.

Neil
24-Oct-2006, 08:34 PM
It would be better if the fiction section authenticated to the new board instead of the old one. Right now it's a hassle to log in on the VBB board, then have to log out and relog for the old board.

Cookies are your friend...

kortick
24-Oct-2006, 08:49 PM
i have been lamenting this for a while deadpunk

this fic forum used to be the first one
i went to

i declared it dead a while ago

but seeing that this is a living dead site
i am hoping it will revive

maybe now that some of the older members are starting
to find thier way back
things may change

i hope so

this forum used to rule

rightwing401
25-Oct-2006, 02:51 AM
I'd like to point out that I did make an attempt to help get things going a little with a weapons discussion a few weeks ago. It went well if I must say so. As for other things, such as the idea you sudjested, I'm willing to participate if I have the free time.

deadpunk
25-Oct-2006, 05:19 PM

I'm corn-fused. :confused:

When I click on the Fiction Section, it automatically opens in a new window. And, I'm always logged on at the old forum. I never have to sign out of this one and log into the old one. Why does everyone but me seem to have a problem with this?

Three words are too short to accomplish anything. We did a five sentence one on another board I like and that was fun.

I was thinking of going for a full post. As long as permissible by the system, or as short as the author likes.

I will try to think of a story beginning and get it posted. Once thats up, the next author can add to the story however they choose, then the next poster picks up and adds on...etc. The only rules would be:

You can not double post
No one can end the story

Maybe no one else is interested, I dunno. But, I think I will post a start anyway and see what develops. :shifty:

Danny
27-Oct-2006, 02:21 AM
I'm corn-fused. :confused:

When I click on the Fiction Section, it automatically opens in a new window. And, I'm always logged on at the old forum. I never have to sign out of this one and log into the old one. Why does everyone but me seem to have a problem with this?

that would be cookies.

though dont say that around codys sig.;)