PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one excited by this?

Danny
24-Oct-2006, 07:34 AM
http://hellboyanimated.typepad.com/

"It's a week and a half before the US premiere of Sword of Storms on Cartoon Network. I'm still waiting to see the rough cuts of the DVD extras. And the footage of Blood and Iron is coming in slowly.

Cartoon Network put out a press release which has resulted in a small fountain of posts on various websites and blogs. Please keep spreading the word. Commercials should start popping up on CN next week.

Meanwhile, I'm on Comic Geek Speak tomorrow 10/19. Mike Mignola will be on WordBalloon.com next Tuesday, 10/24. FanBoy Radio will interview me on the 25th. FR may be live so feel free to call in with your ULTRA-COMPLIMENTARY remarks.

Spread the word at your comic shops. The reaction to the premiere will go a long way in determining whether we'll be doing more and it drives me nuts when I hear Hellboy fans say they haven't heard about the animated movies.

Above is one of the perks of my job. That's it for now. -- Tad"

im gonna buy the dvd when it comes out, cus if you didnt know i love the hellboy comics even more than the dead films, got every comic signed but till the release, looks like a job for bittorrent!:D

bassman
24-Oct-2006, 10:55 AM
I might check them out. I am waiting for Guillermo Del Toro's "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army", though.:D

p2501
24-Oct-2006, 01:17 PM
No, i've been waiting on this since the HB pannel at comic con.

animated hellboy is frickin genius

Cody
24-Oct-2006, 04:44 PM
that does seem like it would draw a crowd for a couple years then slowly lose ratings

Danny
25-Oct-2006, 05:59 PM
im thinking it may do great, kinda like a little more grown versionof shows like justice league unlmited OR it could go the same way as the clerks cartoon.

and yeah the hellboy movie kicked ass and i cant wait for del toro's second one.

capncnut
26-Oct-2006, 07:54 PM
Hellboy is a very popular comicbook character and I would imagine the fanboys will make it a success. I'm not a fan in the slightest but I would probably still watch this as I love anime with a passion.