PDA

View Full Version : Some good news ... it seems ...

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2006, 10:25 AM
Just got an email, and well ... check this site:

http://www.bloodbath.me.uk/filmlist.html

Does the one at the bottom of the short films list look familiar? :)

And today was going to be such a sh*t day after I opened a letter this morning - I guess there really is balance in the universe after all.

LouCipherr
24-Oct-2006, 12:32 PM
Congrats, MZ! That's good news. :)

bassman
24-Oct-2006, 12:39 PM
Congratulations, MZ.

"VHS"? You didn't make a flick about a tape that if you watch it you die.......did you?:confused:

:p

Bunker65
24-Oct-2006, 01:04 PM
Congratulations MZ :cool:. Hopefully your short is received well at the festival :).

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2006, 03:01 PM
Indeed, hopefully it'll be well received and gets a good amount of people seeing it. Will be heading down for it on the day my film plays, might possibly stay overnight for a second day of festival fun, but I'll see how much the hotels are (on a tight budget lately you see).

Indeed, started out being a really angry day and then I got this rather spiffing news, so I'm chuffed about that. Hopefully the people will enjoy it! :eek: *gets all nervous*

It's my first festival, my room-o-geeks cherry is being popping in November! ha! :D

capncnut
24-Oct-2006, 06:30 PM
Well done MZ. Are you going to be talking at this festival in depth about your short? If so, try and sneak the words s**tty bollocks in there! :D

Fulcifan91
24-Oct-2006, 06:45 PM
Awesome, congrats! I enjoyed VHS alot, everyone there should as well.

axlish
24-Oct-2006, 07:29 PM
Good job man, good to see you getting your work out there.

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words chaps, I certainly hope people appreciate the 'made for £0.00' vibe of it and just enjoy the idea - hopefully there'll be a bunch of people there who will be feeling guilty for ditching VHS in favour of DVD with gay abandon in the late 1990s after seeing the film. The idea itself came from my own sort-of-guilt for blasting DVD when it first came out and then selling out big style throughout my time spent at university (with the free money of my student loan put to good use, ha!).

Capn - I've no idea if we get to talk before the shorts or not, I don't think so, nothing was mentioned anyway. I'd imagine there'd be some sort of explanation beforehand, but who knows. Still waiting to hear which day it's showing and then I'll get my tickets (being that the festival hasn't been around long us little guys still have to pay - although we get a discount at least) - mind you, it's the exposure and networking and chance to see other's work that's the cool thing. And maybe a chance to see some fully legit horror films (they're showing Zombi 3 for one).

Hopefully I'll get placed on Saturday, which would mean more people there to see it, but no matter what day I get shown, I'm chuffed for being selected. Festival cherry poppage commencing in late November! :cool:

Fulcifan91
24-Oct-2006, 10:45 PM
Definatly stick around for Peices, dead heat. and pit and hte pendulem as well as zombie 3

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 09:54 AM
Good news - I'm scheduled for Saturday 25th November, so hopefully I'll see the bigger crowds there. Ah - already have Pieces and Zombi 3 on DVD, but I'll see whats playing when I'm there and check it out regardless methinks ... unless I've been offered a movie contract and loadsa money by a rich company who loves me, ha! That'll be the day, eh? :rolleyes:

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 12:40 PM
I dunno MZ, if you show them IAZM you might get a contract and a million dollar budget to make part 2! :lol:

Great news about the saturday showing - I hope you have lots of people there for the viewing! Take lots of pics, I wanna see how they do festivals over there across the pond. :D

LC

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 12:47 PM
I'll take some pics on my phone (don't have/can't afford a proper digital camera, lol) or I might take along my old camera and get some shots - not sure yet. I certainly won't take my new DVX, lol, it's too precious and sexy and uninsured (at the moment). :lol:

lol, I did consider sending IAZM in, but I'd just finished it and hadn't yet posted it online, so didn't know it'd get such a strong response. Had I had foresight I would have put that in as well, ah well, maybe I'll get a chance to do some networking and alert some folk to IAZM and the coming soon nature of IAZM2. :cool:

Will try and namedrop Deadlands as well, in case people haven't heard of it.