PDA

View Full Version : DEADLANDS TEMPE ENT. RELEASE INFO look inside

DjfunkmasterG
25-Oct-2006, 08:02 PM
As most of you already know TEMPE ENTERTAINMENT has picked up DEADLANDS for the US and Canadian Market and will be releasing the film in late spring 2007. I have developed a page showing exactly, as of 10/25/2006, what features will be on the release of the DVD. (My approved features)

You can visit here: http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com/DVDNEWS.html and learn about all the features that will be included, as well you can check out HPotD's very own MINION ZOMBIE doing his intro to I AM ZOMBIE MAN. I wanted his film to get to a wide audience and I love it so much I asked him if I could slap it on the DVD.

Also, until 12/15/2006 I will continue selling the self released version of the film on the DEADLANDS official website and I just reduced the price to $13.00 shipped effective 3:30pm EST 10/25/2006. Please be advised that I AM ZOMBIE MAN will not be on the self released version, only the TEMPE release which is why I reduced the selling price to $13.00. The TEMPE release will retail for around $19.99 as I understand it.

I also listed all the features that will be included on the TEMPE release and I am in the process of compiling more features as I work on them. The TEMPE release will be a great edition to any collection. Also every copy of the self release sold will be signed by me, the director and will also feature artwork not on the TEMPE release. TEMPE has plans to change the DVD box art for the films release in 2007 so this artwork will be considered a rarity and will no longer be available.

So again head here to check out the list of goodies
http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com/DVDNEWS.html

And head here www.playingwithdeadthings.com/BUYDEADLANDSDVD to get the current release at a discount price.

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 09:55 PM
Hell yeah!

Do you have any idea how hard it's been to keep my very-blonde-bearded face from blabbing this all over the filmmaker's forum?! :D

Yes indeedy, I can't stress enough how flattered and chuffed and grateful I am to Dj for putting IAZM on his DVD and I can't wait to see it out there in 2007.

*leaps around like a kid on Christmas morning after unwrapping a new Nintendo*

This is part of the '100% true independent spirit' I keep pointing out that Dj and Lou and everyone else involved in Deadlands have - a commitment to the fans and to fellow filmmakers.

Deadlands is certainly a film that deserves to be out there raking in the zombie fans and I'm really chuffed I could be a part of it in some way. :cool:

Congrats to Dj, Lou and everyone else involved in Deadlands.

(also, cool, I was wondering what that intro would look like in 2.35:1 - it hides my beer gut, niiiice :lol:)

Danny
25-Oct-2006, 10:10 PM
once again dj helps out another indie filmmajker with wanting nothing in return, this guys a damn legend:lol:

LouCipherr
25-Oct-2006, 11:55 PM
Don't know if you noticed MZ, but your intro is posted on the webpage, and in 2.35:1 no less!

I must say, you look taller in 2.35:1. :lol: :lol:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 10:37 AM
Aye I saw, it hides my beer gut too, noiiiice. :thumbsup::cool:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 10:42 AM
ahhh, the wonders of post production. This is kind of funny but that is a 2.35:1 crop your camera is a 4:3 native camera. Even with the 16:9 bars it is just 4:3 letterbox. VEGAS allows me to put it into anamorphic widescreen with this a touch of a button, or I guess I should say click of the mouse.

I didn't mess with the film, although I think IAZM would look cool in 2.35:1, it wasn't shot with the framing in mind. If you ever wanna shoot 2.35:1 with the DVX100 there are two ways to do this cheap and real cheap.

Real cheap is using the stock lens and just makinging sure you keep the camera far enough away so you can crop it in post.

Cheap is buying the $700 lens which is an anamorphic 16:9 lens and finding a 2.35:1 mattebox.

The otherway, which is really fooking costly is to get a micro 35 kit where the kit is preset for 2.35:1 (2.40:1)

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 11:02 AM
lol, indeed, IAZM1 was documentary style, so it was 4:3 - as well as the fact the camera it was filmed on was 4:3.

Indeed, letterbox is just whacking some black bars on, works nicely with one piece of software I use. There's also the stretch mode, which would be truer widescreen and indeed - I was thinking about doing some 2.35:1 on something, a test you know - which I'd do by keeping plenty of headroom in the shots. Looking at the wider screen version of that clip, I take it you can reframe how you want - not a case of it just takes the middle bit, you can go higher up or lower down if you please, correct?

I'll have to look into Vegas when I get my computer back...check that feature out.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 12:07 PM
lol, indeed, IAZM1 was documentary style, so it was 4:3 - as well as the fact the camera it was filmed on was 4:3.

Indeed, letterbox is just whacking some black bars on, works nicely with one piece of software I use. There's also the stretch mode, which would be truer widescreen and indeed - I was thinking about doing some 2.35:1 on something, a test you know - which I'd do by keeping plenty of headroom in the shots. Looking at the wider screen version of that clip, I take it you can reframe how you want - not a case of it just takes the middle bit, you can go higher up or lower down if you please, correct?

I'll have to look into Vegas when I get my computer back...check that feature out.

Yes, you can move the frame box how you want. Neat little tool. Once you get your box back send me a PM I will give you all the settings so you can set your frame box for a 2.35:1 setting.

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 12:16 PM
Cool beans. I've got Vegas 7.0, it's a little different to 6 I think, but not that different as I was able to find those settings for MPEG-2 that you pointed out, they were just presented slightly differently ... man, livin' without my desktop is like livin' without a mountain of HPOTD on my monogrammed desk! :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 12:56 PM
man, livin' without my desktop is like livin' without a mountain of HPOTD on my monogrammed desk! :lol:

Here's another quote for your list Lou.

If I don't have some way to stay plugged into the matrix I go crazy. :lol: :moon: :elol:

LouCipherr
26-Oct-2006, 07:34 PM
So let it be written, so let it be done. Added to "the list." :D

dmbfanintn
02-Nov-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey now I know what Minion Zombie looks like!

Nice intro by the way, everything sounds better when told with a British Accent.

I am looking forward to seeing IAZM.

you say in the intro that it is posted online, where?

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2006, 07:26 PM
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=2925

lol, the intro (all 3 minutes of it) took an hour to film - I'm going to post the gag reel from that session very soon, in fact, it's uploaded, so I'll link it up in the filmmaker's forum right now! :cool:

hehe, I've had many a comment about the British accent. :)