PDA

View Full Version : "Faces of Death" to be remade????

Cykotic
27-Oct-2006, 11:51 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20061027/116193892200.html

"Faces of Death," an infamous 1970s "snuff movie" that purported to show actual deaths of humans and animals, is being resurrected as a low-budget horror.

When the original movie, narrated by "Dr. Francis B. Gross," was released in 1978, it showed explicit death scenes and was banned, at least temporarily, in several countries. It later was revealed that the human component and some of the animal scenes had been faked, but nonetheless spawned five sequels.

J.T. Petty, the man behind the horror movie "Sandman," is in negotiations to write and direct the remake for Rogue Pictures, the genre arm of Focus Features.

LouCipherr
27-Oct-2006, 12:27 PM
Dear God.. . WHY!?!? :confused:

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2006, 12:30 PM
Guaranteed, 110% - IT WILL SUCK MAN SACK.

You can't "write" such a movie, especially not for Rogue Pictures - or any studio. We don't have that grotty, underground vibe going anymore, everything is corporate and all about Starbucks and looking polished. Even when they try to look gritty, it's polished gritty, manufactured gritty (think the "real footage" from the TCM remake).

Faces of Death ... how on earth that need a remake I've no idea. For cryin' out loud, ENOUGH with the damn remakes, it's beyond a bleedin' joke!

bassman
27-Oct-2006, 12:31 PM
ALRIGHT! Another remake!:bored:

Adrenochrome
27-Oct-2006, 02:31 PM
wasn't most of the stuff in that "movie" fake anyway?

it was "fake" or "file footage" of actual accidents.
Also, Cyk, it wasn't a "snuff movie". "Snuff" films are an urban legend - Movies made for profit that show actual murders.

MikePizzoff
27-Oct-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah, half (or more) of Faces was faked and revealed fake by the director himself on the Faces Boxset.

The "Traces Of Death" series, however, is real as hell and had killer death metal soundtracks for all of them (except the first, which was weird ambient Casio horror :lol: ).

I got lucky enough to find Traces I & II at Wow Video recently, as they were selling all of their VHS. Only cost me $2 a piece! Little do they know that I can make quite the pretty penny off these banned videos.

I've seen them going on eBay in the past for upwards of $80 EACH.

capncnut
27-Oct-2006, 03:04 PM
It'll probably be a bunch of Iraq beheading videos put together with some 'profound' dialogue just so these guys can get away with releasing sick death footage. The worst thing is, there's probably an audience for this s**t somewhere man!