PDA

View Full Version : Idiocracy - new film by Mike Judge

Eyebiter
28-Oct-2006, 12:51 AM
Anyone seen this movie? Apparently FOX is only releasing it to a dozen theaters with minimal promotion. Few pictures and a poster, no movie trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

capncnut
28-Oct-2006, 01:21 AM
Sounds like it could be damn funny. Mike Judge, where have I heard that name before? Sure sounds familiar... :shifty:

Andy
28-Oct-2006, 01:23 AM
Sounds like it could be damn funny. Mike Judge, where have I heard that name before? Sure sounds familiar... :shifty:

king of the hill and beavis and butthead.

Danny
28-Oct-2006, 01:38 AM
i might have to check that out.

MikePizzoff
28-Oct-2006, 04:13 AM
king of the hill and beavis and butthead.

Don't forget Office Space.

axlish
28-Oct-2006, 01:11 PM
Don't forget Office Space.

Yes, that should be mentioned first and foremost.

bassman
28-Oct-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeaaaaaah.....how dare you forget Office Space???:p

Eyebiter
09-Jan-2007, 09:32 AM
Supposed to be released on DVD today.

MinionZombie
09-Jan-2007, 10:14 AM
Sweet, that sounds like a pretty funny set-up for a movie. I look forward to seeing it, Office Space was great, let's hope it's at least on-par with that. :)

Not surprising why Fox "dumped" it like they have, they're part of the dumbing down of America, what with Fox News and the last few seasons of The Simpson's...:rockbrow:

Eyebiter
09-Jan-2007, 07:56 PM
fAYnc_-ddlw

bassman
09-Jan-2007, 07:58 PM
I was in Best Buy today to buy a new hard drive for a computer at work and I passed this sitting in the New Release section. I was really tempted to get it seeing as how Office Space gives me wood.....but after just paying $500 on a 360, I had to hold off. I know one of my buddies will buy it....so I'll just get it then.

If someone sees it soon, give us a review.

MinionZombie
10-Jan-2007, 07:54 PM
I *ahem* acquired the film and it's pretty frickin' funny. :)

Yes, the digital effects aren't sh*t-hot, but it's a comedy ... pretty darn funny though ... I can kinda see why Fox weren't all that behind the film after they saw it. :lol:

FOX are mostly known for dumbing down the world after all ... the constant obsession with the word "ass" in the future culture (with added 'impressive echo') is hilarious.

This film is one of those you definately need a pause button under your thumb for, cos there's so many little bits and pieces in the advertising or other future-culture-specific details.

Not really an Office Space, but it's a completely different idea, so comparing them isn't really worthwhile. I say to you lot, most definately check out Idiocracy, it's a good slice of fun. :thumbsup:

Eyebiter
26-Jan-2007, 06:27 PM
Brawndo - the thirst mutilator!

Chaos
26-Jan-2007, 06:31 PM
Anyone seen this movie? Apparently FOX is only releasing it to a dozen theaters with minimal promotion. Few pictures and a poster, no movie trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

I wouldn't necessarily call this movie new. Mike Judge is well-known in the 9/11 truth movement for his public denial of the official account of the events that happened on 9/11.

This movie is political satire through and through and the last I heard, its theatre run is finished and is slated for DVD release this spring.

bassman
26-Jan-2007, 06:44 PM
ummm....did you read the thread?:confused:

The dvd has been available for quite some time now...