PDA

View Full Version : FearNET launched!

MikePizzoff
28-Oct-2006, 01:10 AM
FearNET (the new video on demand channel on Comcast) has launched. I can't get on it, though. I assume there are hundreds of thousands of people attempting to access it right now so the servers are over loaded.

Has anybody been able to get on yet??? DETAILS!!!

Cody
28-Oct-2006, 09:03 PM
im a bit confused by this whole thing, can you get this for direct TV?

axlish
29-Oct-2006, 01:49 AM
It isn't supposed to launch until Halloween. I looked and it isn't on the menu yet on my service.

MikePizzoff
29-Oct-2006, 10:59 AM
It isn't supposed to launch until Halloween. I looked and it isn't on the menu yet on my service.

Go to channel 166, my friend. I think they accidentally put it on there because I left the "PLEASE WAIT" screen loading for an hour and still nothing happened.

axlish
29-Oct-2006, 12:28 PM
For me, channel 166 is Flix West.

It is supposed to be on demand only, so I'm not sure why it'd be showing up on a channel. Either way, I'm stoked to see what they have on their line up.

MikePizzoff
29-Oct-2006, 09:32 PM
For me, channel 166 is Flix West.

It is supposed to be on demand only, so I'm not sure why it'd be showing up on a channel. Either way, I'm stoked to see what they have on their line up.

On Demand shows up as 199 for me. HBO-OD and all the other VOD's also have channels on the TV listings...

Kaos
03-Nov-2006, 12:55 PM
I checked it out on Halloween. It has about 20 items to watch. 3 in HD. They should really expand their selection a bit. Some of the promo stuff said there would be about 50 films a month. If it reaches that level then it might be worth checking out regularly.

I still like the idea of The Horror Channel, but I don't think those guys have got it together yet.

axlish
03-Nov-2006, 01:00 PM
The selection was indeed a little drab. I was expecting a few dozen titles, so when I finally logged in it was disappointing. I did look at Dracula in HD for a few minutes and it looked really good. I'll probably only end up watching Carrie HD and Bloody Mallory out of the initial line up.

MikePizzoff
03-Nov-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah. Very disappointing. I was expecting them to have a huge launch selection.

Cody
03-Nov-2006, 08:18 PM
only 3 in HD?

Danny
04-Nov-2006, 03:08 AM
i9 aint sure but arent there these code syou put into the sky box so it searches for new free channels like that?, thats how i got rapture.