PDA

View Full Version : Savini is joining the Grind!

bassman
16-Mar-2006, 06:59 PM
Just read over at Arrow in the head (http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=3623) that Tom Savini has joined the cast of Robert Rodriquez and Quintin Tarantino's "Grindhouse".

http://www.philcon.org/1998/Images/tomeyes.jpg

The film is pretty much paying homage("that's disgusting!" - "Monty Python's Life of Brian") to the old-school horror flicks and the way they were once presented. "Grindhouse" will be composed of two 60 minute films, one being Rodriquez's "Project Terror"(Zombie Flick!!) and the other being Tarantino's "Death Proof"(slasher flick). The two filmakers will also create fake trailers, commercials, and shorts to be shown before and between the two flicks.

Savini has joined the cast of "Project Terror" along side Micheal Keaton(yes!....finally he's going to be in a film that's worth a damn) and Danny Trejo.

What do you guys think? Two plus hours of horror films, one being a zombie flick with the man - Tom Savini, directed by Tarantino and Rodiquez, and of course the effects by good ol' Greg Nicotero.

Tahehe - I'm excited:p

DaDeadGuy
16-Mar-2006, 07:31 PM
That sounds sweet man, even better now that Savini is joining the cast of Project Terror.

jdog
16-Mar-2006, 08:07 PM
this is one film that i'am actually exited about seeing.
tom savini thats just iceing on the cake.

DjfunkmasterG
16-Mar-2006, 08:10 PM
Just read over at Arrow in the head (http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=3623) that Tom Savini has joined the cast of Robert Rodriquez and Quintin Tarantino's "Grindhouse".

http://www.philcon.org/1998/Images/tomeyes.jpg

The film is pretty much paying homage("that's disgusting!" - "Monty Python's Life of Brian") to the old-school horror flicks and the way they were once presented. "Grindhouse" will be composed of two 60 minute films, one being Rodriquez's "Project Terror"(Zombie Flick!!) and the other being Tarantino's "Death Proof"(slasher flick). The two filmakers will also create fake trailers, commercials, and shorts to be shown before and between the two flicks.

Savini has joined the cast of "Project Terror" along side Micheal Keaton(yes!....finally he's going to be in a film that's worth a damn) and Danny Trejo.

What do you guys think? Two plus hours of horror films, one being a zombie flick with the man - Tom Savini, directed by Tarantino and Rodiquez, and of course the effects by good ol' Greg Nicotero.

Tahehe - I'm excited:p

What do you mean? Keaton has a pretty Kick Ass Resume! Jackie Brown, 89's Batman, and a few other mentionables.

bassman
16-Mar-2006, 08:23 PM
I meant his recent films. Such as "White Noise", "Herbie Fully Loaded", "Jack Frost", and "First Daughter".

Blah...I vomit alittle each time I hear/say "White Noise"...

I wasn't talking about his career as a whole. Just the last 10 or so years. I think the last film he was in that I enjoyed was "Desperate Measures". Keaton can play an awesome badass...

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2006, 09:35 PM
I am SOOOOO excited about this flick, as soon as I heard the title and then a quick bit of info I was just like "f*ck yeah!". I cannot wait to see what a Rodriguez zombie movie and a Tarantino slasher flick looks like - and just thinking about that rumour of Tarantino doing Friday 13th Part 11 ... perhaps that might stand a better chance of happening after Grindhouse? Hmmm...

bassman
16-Mar-2006, 09:49 PM
Seems to me that Rodriquez will go from "Grindhouse" to "Sin City 2". I read just yesterday that "Sin City 2" was put on hold because Rodriquez wants Angelina Jolie for the lead role but she's pregnant at the moment.

So hopefully they'll wrap up "Grindhouse" and move on to "Sin City 2". Hell yeah...I can't wait to see how Rodriquez handles the zombie Genre. Im willing to bet(well...it's just hope, really) that he'll follow Romero's guidelines and make one that's worthy. Then there will actually be two zombie films outside of Romero's that are worth a damn - "Shaun" and "Grindhouse"....well "Project Terror":D

MikePizzoff
17-Mar-2006, 12:19 PM
I've been so excited for this movie. Even more so now that Savini is in it. Although I feel he should be in BOTH parts. He'd be perfect in a slasher, too (*cough*Friday 13).

Ryan
20-Mar-2006, 10:14 AM
Sounds like the zombies will be more Evil Dead style ones, just read this on Savini's site quoted from from the man himself.

Jeff the stunt co-ordinator came up to me and we talked of all the stunt men we know, and he described how they are going to have this big zombie pick me up and hurtle me 30 feet into the side of a police car. I will have to wear a harness attached to this 70 foot overhead crane with wires and the zombie will pick me up and spin me around in the air and hurtle me toward the car. There will be an automatic stop on the crane, and my stunt double will actually take the hit. More later.

MikePizzoff
20-Mar-2006, 04:48 PM
Savini is going to have a stunt double? :confused:

bassman
20-Mar-2006, 04:57 PM
Savini is going to have a stunt double? :confused:

Well, he is mostly an actor now. I think he gave up the tough stunt work a while back. Not to forget that he is getting up there in years.

MikePizzoff
20-Mar-2006, 05:01 PM
Well, he is mostly an actor now. I think he gave up the tough stunt work a while back. Not to forget that he is getting up there in years.

That was slight sarcasm. It's just kinda upsetting to see he's not doing his own stuff anymore. It'll help him stay in shape!

bassman
20-Mar-2006, 07:20 PM
Ah yes, hard to catch sarcasm through text. I got ya, now.

Hell, im excited to see him in ANY movie. It's been a while. Especially back in a Rodriquez flick. I bet there will be some kind of reference to Sex Machine...

Dawg
20-Mar-2006, 08:42 PM
Man, that movie would have had something going for it if they would have made it like they were originally suppose to make it, by giving Savini a bigger kick@$$ role.

:dead: Dawg :skull:

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 03:15 PM
I just hope that Tarantino holds back abit on the "cool, hip" dialogue he likes to bombard his films with. If he doesn't then his half of Grind House will end up looking like a send-up of Craven's Scream films.

bassman
22-Mar-2006, 05:35 PM
I just hope that Tarantino holds back abit on the "cool, hip" dialogue he likes to bombard his films with. If he doesn't then his half of Grind House will end up looking like a send-up of Craven's Scream films.

You don't like Tarantino's dialogue? That's one of my favorite things about his films. I don't think it's really meant to be "hip" or "cool". The whole point of it is that the characters have normal, everyday conversation while doing things that are very much NOT normal, everyday activities. It makes the characters more human and likeable.

Mind you, I'm talking about the films prior to "Kill Bill". That film didn't have so much dialogue(especially the first). That was more of an homage type deal...

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 05:43 PM
You don't like Tarantino's dialogue? That's one of my favorite things about his films. I don't think it's really meant to be "hip" or "cool". The whole point of it is that the characters have normal, everyday conversation while doing things that are very much NOT normal, everyday activities. It makes the characters more human and likeable.

Mind you, I'm talking about the films prior to "Kill Bill". That film didn't have so much dialogue(especially the first). That was more of an homage type deal...

Oh, I like Tarantino's dialogue, but I just have this nagging feel that he's going to self-reference alot of past horror flicks with his half of the film. I know that if I'm being chased by some homicidal maniac the last thing I'll be doing is being talky.

bassman
22-Mar-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I can see what you're saying now.

I like Tarantino and all.....but i'm mostly looking forward to Rodriquez's "Project Terror". I mean, come on...Rodriquez, Savini, Keaton, Nicotero, Trejo.....how can we lose? I'm sure there will only be more good news to come.

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 05:52 PM
Same here. Rodriguez already has a slight lead over Tarantino in creating something zombie-like when he did From Dusk Til Dawn. That film had more in common with zombie movies than vampires.

bassman
22-Mar-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah. I read somewhere around here that the zombies will kind of be in the tradition of "The Evil Dead" but i'm hoping that's not the case. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out more like a tribute to Romero's films. Which, there is a very good chance of that considering that Tarantino and Rodriquez are fans.

I guess we won't really know until later this year. That's another good thing about this....Rodriquez is really good at churning out films fairly fast these days so we'll be seeing it before the year is out and probably have a DVD by this time next year(unless it happens to be pushed back).

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, it could end up being more Evil Dead in how they move an dbehave but then it still doesn't mean they can't get all chompy like Romero's boys. :elol:

Track1033
22-Mar-2006, 08:31 PM
sounds cool...any relese date set yet???

bassman
22-Mar-2006, 08:36 PM
sounds cool...any relese date set yet???

They're hoping for sometime near the end of the year(particularly around October). Whether or not that happens is yet to be seen.

I read that they've started some filming so maybe this year:D ...

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 08:40 PM
They're hoping for sometime near the end of the year(particularly around October). Whether or not that happens is yet to be seen.

I read that they've started some filming so maybe this year:D ...

Knowing how fast Rodriguez works, his half of the film may already be done. :lol:

It's Tarantino who is going to hold things up. I swear those two are almost polar opposites.

MinionZombie
22-Mar-2006, 08:44 PM
Aye it's a 2006 release for Grind House it'd appear - Sin City 2 is next year right?

Ooh, and CLERKS 2 BABY!!! August release, ooh yeh ... well, in America anyway.

bassman
22-Mar-2006, 08:56 PM
Aye it's a 2006 release for Grind House it'd appear - Sin City 2 is next year right?

Yeah...last I heard, Rodriquez was putting a hold on "Sin City 2" until Angelina Jolie has her kid. He wants her to play the lead character(I hope he knows what he's doing...). So hopefully that means he's going to really concentrate on "Grindhouse" so it can be done by the end of the year.

I'm looking forward to "Clerks 2", as well. Although I'm looking forward to it and I love the original(the cartoon is great, too)....I can't get the thought out of my head that it's going to suck:shifty: Something about what I've seen just doesn't look right. Hopefully I'll turn out wrong....

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah...last I heard, Rodriquez was putting a hold on "Sin City 2" until Angelina Jolie has her kid. He wants her to play the lead character(I hope he knows what he's doing...)

I think Angelina Jolie would be perfect as Ava for the Sin City sequel.

jdog
23-Mar-2006, 02:25 AM

clerks 2? sweet , i loved the first one.
i'm exited to see this!

Tullaryx
23-Mar-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, it looks like that Grind House will be released this year, but has been pushed back from an October release for one around December. Bets that it's Tarantino holding it up.

bassman
05-Apr-2006, 04:15 PM
Actually, it turns out the Rodriquez is holding it up....

I just read over at Joblo.com (http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=10898) that Rodriquez' film, "Project Terror" has gone over budget and over schedule. The production was shut down indefinitely until the Weinstein Co. gives them the go-ahead.

DAMN!:mad:

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2006, 10:04 PM
Rather unlike the Rodder isn't it? Is he filming on HD or film? ... If it's film, perhaps that's why, he's gotten used to the cheapness of HD. Wow, I really thought it was the motormouth who'd done it, tisk tisk Rodders *waves finger* :p

bassman
27-Jun-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes, this thread is old as hell but I thought you guys would like to know this...

Eli Roth and our beloved Edgar Wright will be directing some trailers to show between the two exploitation flicks. I also hear rumor that these trailers could be used to film the film's sequel...

source (http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=4552)

Griff
27-Jun-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks.

But skip that link and go straight to this (http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1206985_1_0_,00.html). It'll tell you much more.

bassman
27-Jun-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks.

But skip that link and go straight to this (http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1206985_1_0_,00.html). It'll tell you much more.

Yeah, I've read that interview. The source I provided is just a news site that posts the news as it comes along. They've had about 10,000 things about "Grindhouse" over the last few months.:D

Tullaryx
24-Jul-2006, 05:44 PM
Well, its confirmed that Kurt "Snake Plissken" Russell will be playing the muscle-car driving serial killer in Tarantino's half of Grind House. That news just made the genre geek in me squeal.

bassman
24-Jul-2006, 06:03 PM
I came across these pictures (http://joblo.com/index.php?id=12184) taken from the Comicon thing. Nothing extremely great, but theres some posters, props, and a picture of Nicotero at work:) .

It also mentions that Rodriquez's "Planet Terror" is already filmed and Tarantino's "Death Proof" hasn't started filming.:rockbrow: Seems to my like they would have filmed them together.

Another little peice of trivia: Michael Parks who played Texas Ranger Earl Mcgraw in "From Dusk Till Dawn" and "Kill Bill Volume 1" will be returning as the same character in both films:D

I can't wait for this flick...

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2006, 07:26 PM
Has it been confirmed that Michael Biehn is going to be in this movie, or not? Just finished watching The Terminator again, and Biehn is the f*cking man. :cool:

Tullaryx
24-Jul-2006, 07:51 PM
Has it been confirmed that Michael Biehn is going to be in this movie, or not? Just finished watching The Terminator again, and Biehn is the f*cking man. :cool:

Yes, he has been confirmed. The preview scene they showed of Rodriguez's zombies in space half of the film shows Biehn as the sheriff in the whole story with Tom Savini as his deputy.

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2006, 09:59 PM
*grins and pumps fist triumphantly*

Wicked, it's about time we got some more Beihn for our buck, this is the dude who played Reese and Hicks, two of the best 80s heroes - the guys all kids wanna play when they're kids, the guys they fight over, hehe (when I played Aliens with my mates we all wanted to be Hicks, when we played Terminator everyone wanted to be Reese).

AcesandEights
24-Jul-2006, 10:22 PM
*grins and pumps fist triumphantly*

Wicked, it's about time we got some more Beihn for our buck, this is the dude who played Reese and Hicks, two of the best 80s heroes - the guys all kids wanna play when they're kids, the guys they fight over, hehe (when I played Aliens with my mates we all wanted to be Hicks, when we played Terminator everyone wanted to be Reese).

That's cool, but why does it seem like I've met more Hudson's in my life (cue someone making a 'game over!' referrence), than Hicks? I'm stoked, this guy is in, by the way. I was thinking about Biehn over this last year and was trying to come up with anything he'd done lately and was kind of bumbed when I realized he might be "out of the game." Hell, the last things I remember him in were 'The Rock' and a really bad horror movie...I think, 'Cherry Falls.' Of course, then I stopped by IMDB and found out he's been working steady all this time. I'm happy to be wrong, in this case.

Glad to see him attached to a project I'm looking forward to.