http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6101704.stm

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2006, 11:53 AM
bunch of friggin' lightweights. :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 12:46 PM
bunch of friggin' lightweights. :rolleyes:
:lol:

Spot on there Lou, I'm quite amazed people are passing out from a movie in this day and age of DVD where films are so demystified. I haven't seen Saw 3 yet, but I'm looking forward to checking it out (even though Saw 2 was a let down), hopefully 3 is better than 2 (1 rocked).

I've never witnessed anyone fainting in the cinema from a movie, but when I saw Land of the Dead 3 people walked out when the guts started flying and when I went to see the remake of Hills Have Eyes another cluster of people left when the caravan invasion was underway. Both times looked at the person I was there with and we were both quite taken aback that people were leaving the cinema because of the gore/violence...next up, faining people! :elol:

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2006, 07:41 PM
What gets me is, what did these people expect? I mean, they obviously saw at least part 1 or 2 of "Saw" so they knew it would be a pretty extreme movie judging from the other two.

Besides, anyone who is so scared of a horror movie (at least at our age) that they need to call an ambulance really is a wuss of maximum proportions and shouldn't have been in the theatre anyway. I've seen people walk out of movies, but that's as far as it ever got.

Adrenochrome
31-Oct-2006, 07:52 PM
Besides, anyone who is so scared of a horror movie (at least at our age) that they need to call an ambulance really is a wuss of maximum proportions and shouldn't have been in the theatre anyway. I've seen people walk out of movies, but that's as far as it ever got.

I had to call an ambulance when I saw Yawn '04 in the theater....but, that's because the movie was so meretriciously terrible that I went mad and gouged my eyes out with a rusty meat hook ( I always carry a spare) and swallowed a handful of Placidils to ease the pain said movie induced.:p

bassman
31-Oct-2006, 08:00 PM
:lol: :lol:

This is probably just a publicity stunt.....

Adrenochrome
31-Oct-2006, 08:02 PM

This is probably just a publicity stunt.....

That's the first thing I thought.....Theaters did that all the time back in the '50's and '60's.

capncnut
31-Oct-2006, 08:39 PM
I've never witnessed anyone fainting in the cinema from a movie, but when I saw Land of the Dead 3 people walked out when the guts started flying and when I went to see the remake of Hills Have Eyes another cluster of people left when the caravan invasion was underway. Both times looked at the person I was there with and we were both quite taken aback that people were leaving the cinema because of the gore/violence...next up, faining people! :elol:

I saw 5 people being carefully led out of a cinema with maybe 100 or so more leaving on their own accord, a number of which were in tears. The movie? Gaspar Noe's 'Irresversible'. Need I say any more? :D

Cody
31-Oct-2006, 08:48 PM
I wish I got so scared I hadda walk out lol

Danny
01-Nov-2006, 04:29 AM
i think its bull the average chav or towny wouldnt be bothered and niether would horror fans so unless theres a bunch of deeply religous eldery people going into the wrong theatre on a trip from the old folks home i reckon its publicity, cus its the perfect crowd drawer "movie so gory makes people puke"

LouCipherr
01-Nov-2006, 12:03 PM
I had to call an ambulance when I saw Yawn '04 in the theater....but, that's because the movie was so meretriciously terrible that I went mad and gouged my eyes out with a rusty meat hook ( I always carry a spare) and swallowed a handful of Placidils to ease the pain said movie induced.:p

*kicks adrenochrome in the nuts*

How did I know that was coming? :p :D