PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Hunters

MikePizzoff
01-Nov-2006, 12:01 PM
Ghost Hunters is a such a great show. Especially when you put it side by side with "Most Haunted".

Anybody see the first episode of Season 3 when they were at the whore-house in Tombstone? Talk about cool!

capncnut
01-Nov-2006, 07:37 PM
I haven't got around to viewing this yet. Unfortunately Most Haunted has pretty much put me off ghost hunting programmes so I don't know. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Neil
01-Nov-2006, 07:45 PM
Most Haunted has recently done me in... So I'm all up for trying something else, if it's more genuine... Is it on in the UK?

MikePizzoff
02-Nov-2006, 05:04 AM
Ghost Hunters is VERY genuine. A good portion of the episodes (between 65-80% of them) have nothing really happen. Yet it's still interesting to see the team interact and whatnot. They all have great personalities and are a good bunch to see working together redardless whether something happens or not.

Highly recommended.

They also do NOT consider orbs a sign of spiritual activity, like most ratings-hungry ghost shows will. A very big plus, in my book.

capncnut
02-Nov-2006, 06:54 AM
Most Haunted has recently done me in... So I'm all up for trying something else, if it's more genuine... Is it on in the UK?

Neil, I have heard from many people on chat that Ghost Hunters is vastly superior to Most Haunted and that when 'things' happen, it's unfakable and genuine. I'm gonna investigate too.

Neil
02-Nov-2006, 07:36 AM
Well, "Ghosthunters" is on one of our channels here, but I don't think it's your Ghosthunters... Is it? It's in England!?

http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/search.asp?day=2&search=ghosthunters&criteria=1

LouCipherr
02-Nov-2006, 11:52 AM
Neil, I have heard from many people on chat that Ghost Hunters is vastly superior to Most Haunted and that when 'things' happen, it's unfakable and genuine. I'm gonna investigate too.

Umm, I wouldn't count your chickens on the events in these shows being unfakable or genuine. I've watched both shows actually, and they just seem like ratings grabbers with no real substance. I mean, it can be fun to watch on a dark stormy night with the lights off and your girl sitting next to you on the sofa, but as a serious show? I can't take it that way. I don't buy it. Of course, it's hard to get me to buy into anything in the first place, so... :D

MikePizzoff
02-Nov-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, "Ghosthunters" is on one of our channels here, but I don't think it's your Ghosthunters... Is it? It's in England!?

http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/search.asp?day=2&search=ghosthunters&criteria=1

No, these guys are based in New England and don't leave the states.

http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/ is their website. They have video clips on there for people to enjoy.

PS - Pay no attention to Lou, I don't think this show's faked at all. Because, like I said, there are a LOT of episodes in which nothing happens and they debunk tons of things that most people would jump at and say "that was a ghost!".

Cody
02-Nov-2006, 05:45 PM
they seem a bit to fake and staged for me

now House on the other hand..

Neil
02-Nov-2006, 06:23 PM
Some of those look fake to me... That's possibly even MORE suspect than Most Haunted :)

This video... Come on! http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/video/Flyby.mpg.wmv

And the one with the mirror - LMFAO - They're just moving left and right and keeping the mirror centralised... FFS!

Sorry, those video's have instantly put me off it! They look so fake!

capncnut
02-Nov-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't know about you guys but that link 'aint workin' for me. :(

Neil
02-Nov-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't know about you guys but that link 'aint workin' for me. :(

Don't work for me either now... Suspect their server is configured so you have to go via their actual website to view the clips...

LouCipherr
03-Nov-2006, 12:45 PM
PS - Pay no attention to Lou, I don't think this show's faked at all. Because, like I said, there are a LOT of episodes in which nothing happens and they debunk tons of things that most people would jump at and say "that was a ghost!".

Why, because I call the show out for what it is? A ratings grabber with no substance?

C'mon man, how many times have you been in a place that was supposedly "haunted" and nothing happened. Nothing jumps off the walls, no doors slam, nothing.. but when you have cameras and a TV show on the line, all kinds of things happen (even if it's not in "every show" as stated).

Get real, these shows are FAR from real. They're just "entertainment" - like the rest of what's on tv. That's all. My wife is a HUGE ghost-hunting fan, she even does it herself, and even she admits the TV shows are full of it.

Just out of curiosity, do you think "reality shows" on TV actually depict "reality"? :lol:

capncnut
03-Nov-2006, 07:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you think "reality shows" on TV actually depict "reality"? :lol:

No because the situations they are put in are staged.

LouCipherr
03-Nov-2006, 07:27 PM
No because the situations they are put in are staged.

and you don't think the Ghost Hunters shows are staged? If they went to places and nothing ever happened on any of the shows, the show would never get ratings and as a consequence, would get cancelled - so they HAVE to make sure something happens once in a while, even if it's not a true event.

I mean, feel free to believe, I just don't buy it. I can't see how anyone could. I've been in TONS of places that are "supposedly" haunted - never saw a lick of anything that proved to me ghosts exist. ;)

capncnut
03-Nov-2006, 08:11 PM
and you don't think the Ghost Hunters shows are staged? If they went to places and nothing ever happened on any of the shows, the show would never get ratings and as a consequence, would get cancelled - so they HAVE to make sure something happens once in a while, even if it's not a true event.

I mean, feel free to believe, I just don't buy it. I can't see how anyone could. I've been in TONS of places that are "supposedly" haunted - never saw a lick of anything that proved to me ghosts exist. ;)

I'm totally in agreement man, I do not believe whatsoever.

Danny
04-Nov-2006, 02:58 AM

no that ones from like the 80's or something, the one there on about is the one in new england with a guy who looks suspiciously like one of the lead actors in deadlands:sneaky: ...

anyway season one aired on sky one a while back and i taped em all on my recordable dvd player but you can find bittorrents of em around since i dont think sky decided to pick up season 2.

and yeah they dont view orbs as evidence they look for evp's (electronic voice phenomena) ,changes in temperatre and stuff like that. so they rarely ,rarely get something you see, i remember a few eps were all it was was them walking round board saying "dude this place is not haunted", but then others like the race rock ep had a chaair on minidv camera move on its own and in a lighthouse ep when looking up from the bottom the camera picked up a face lean over the top and look down but it was empty.

point is only twice to my knowledge has the two lead TAPS guys ever said "im damn sure this place has some kind of spirit activity going on", and it has to be something damn impessive for them to say it not some damn imaginary freind called sam whispering in the ear of a scouser:moon:

heres the lightouse stuff

-vSJjqPuVBc