PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking...

Minerva_Zombi
03-Nov-2006, 03:52 AM
I was pondering the idea of doing my own remake of Night of the Living Dead because my recent girlfriend lives in a house that looks just like the farmhouse from the original Night. What I wanna know is, what would you guys (being true Romero fans) like to see in a Night remake? Things to stay true to, things to add, subtract, gimme some feedback before i venture into writing a screenplay. Thanks!

:)

MinionZombie
03-Nov-2006, 11:04 AM
You probably already saw, but livingdeadboy is doing a remake of Night of the Living Dead...

Danny
03-Nov-2006, 12:51 PM
NOW HPOTD IS TURNING INTO NOTHING BUT REMAKES!, WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?:eek:

Minerva_Zombi
03-Nov-2006, 01:22 PM
You probably already saw, but livingdeadboy is doing a remake of Night of the Living Dead...

Yeah, but I want to my own version. I've already done a Dawn Remake. Night should be next. lol

axlish
03-Nov-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh no! Livingdeadboy is making a remake! Cancel all plans of your own! :p

I'll make one as well, once I am a phat cat sittin' in the penthouse.

Minerva_Zombi, lets see this Dawn remake at once! Post it on youtube or something similar. I'd love to have a gander.

Adrenochrome
03-Nov-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah, but I want to my own version. I've already done a Dawn Remake.

is it a remake of '78 or '04?

DjfunkmasterG
03-Nov-2006, 01:39 PM
Well screw it all the filmmakers on this board should do their own NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD. Wait a sec... I did mine already. It's called DEADLANDS: The Rising.

Minerva_Zombi
03-Nov-2006, 01:54 PM
is it a remake of '78 or '04?

78, its unfinished but. we still shot most of it. i'll do what i can. :)

scotty Boy
03-Nov-2006, 02:06 PM
Minerva_Zombi, lets see this Dawn remake at once! Post it on youtube or something similar. I'd love to have a gander.

I agree you should share this remake with us all. how long ago was it done?

livingdeadboy
03-Nov-2006, 05:07 PM
Well screw it all the filmmakers on this board should do their own NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD. Wait a sec... I did mine already. It's called DEADLANDS: The Rising.

Shameless self promotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Every zombie movie that comes out these days is some sort of remake, re-imagining, or re-hash of stuff thats been done before...so in some god forsaken wierd fashion, we're all remaking something.

Minerva_Zombi
03-Nov-2006, 05:24 PM
I agree you should share this remake with us all. how long ago was it done?

it was a while back. Like 2 years ago. It isn't a straight ahead remake but it follows the idea of people in a mall fighting to survive against zombies. I know I did it before the real remake of Dawn.

Adrenochrome
03-Nov-2006, 05:24 PM
Shameless self promotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Every zombie movie that comes out these days is some sort of remake, re-imagining, or re-hash of stuff thats been done before...so in some god forsaken wierd fashion, we're all remaking something.

I dunno....mine is about a schizophrenic that hallucinates zombies and falls in love with an eccentric artist girl at the public library. She "helps" him find himself. I don't think that's been done before. :)

I'm still waiting to see your Night, tho. Is it the same cast as your other ventures?

scotty Boy
03-Nov-2006, 05:27 PM

Correct me if im wrong but is that not called Post Modernism? and from that evolves a Parody ie Shaun of the dead :)

Ok sorry back onto the topic now

livingdeadboy
03-Nov-2006, 05:30 PM
I dunno....mine is about a schizophrenic that hallucinates zombies and falls in love with an eccentric artist girl at the public library. She "helps" him find himself. I don't think that's been done before. :)

I'm still waiting to see your Night, tho. Is it the same cast as your other ventures?

that is a pretty good idea...damn you, ruin my angry tirade that everything is just a remake:p

its got two of the same cast members, and one who shows up in a cameo, a lot of new faces though.

Correct me if im wrong but is that not called Post Modernism? and from that evolves a Parody ie Shaun of the dead :)

Ok sorry back onto the topic now

sure, i dont know man, i'm just talking out of my a**

Adrenochrome
03-Nov-2006, 05:34 PM
that is a pretty good idea...damn you, ruin my angry tirade that everything is just a remake:p

its got two of the same cast members, and one who shows up in a cameo, a lot of new faces though.

is one of them the cute retarded girl? lol - sorry. (should I have said "mentally challenged cutie?)
:D

Ya, this is a hard one to film.....I want a "real" feel to it, but people keep walking by and looking into the camera. Many takes.....grrrrr

coma
03-Nov-2006, 05:35 PM
I had a situation like that. Except she hepled me find something in my pants behind the card catalog:)
She was very helpful
Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane:)

Yeah, off topic:moon:

Adrenochrome
03-Nov-2006, 05:39 PM
I had a situation like that. Except she hepled me find something in my pants behind the card catalog:)
She was very helpful
Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane:)

Yeah, off topic:moon:

funny, tho.....one can find playfulness in a Library.....
the girl I model the lead fem role; I actually met mentioned chicka and had a 6 hour conversation whilst sitting in the floor of the "religious section" of the main library in Memphis.

Dawg
03-Nov-2006, 07:07 PM
I was pondering the idea of doing my own remake of Night of the Living Dead because my recent girlfriend lives in a house that looks just like the farmhouse from the original Night. What I wanna know is, what would you guys (being true Romero fans) like to see in a Night remake? Things to stay true to, things to add, subtract, gimme some feedback before i venture into writing a screenplay. Thanks!

:)

After the talk of NOTLD 3D and NOTLD '07 here, I even had an idea for a NOTLD remake as well! My version would be greatly different and maybe even a different, but similar title. What's the point, right? I don't know, it would just be a challenge to do I guess.

If I ever did do it, it probably won't be for a few years though. Gotta work on my other projects first. :D

:dead: Dawg

capncnut
03-Nov-2006, 10:42 PM
I was pondering the idea of doing my own remake of Night of the Living Dead because my recent girlfriend lives in a house that looks just like the farmhouse from the original Night.

How about a remake of The Waltons or Little House On The Prairie? Something nice for a change. :D

Minerva_Zombi
04-Nov-2006, 06:04 AM
Im thinking of making Ben's character in my version how he was originally written ; A macho-type truck driver. Fewer people in the house? New ending. I dunno. I'm getting a million different ideas.

coma
04-Nov-2006, 02:42 PM
They decide to listen to Harry and hide in the basement after a vote that BEn Loses. The daughter dies, Harry spazzes out and ends up getting a Beatdown then tied in a corner. Tom peeks out the window in the morning and the Rednecks are more "careful".
Its about 15 minutes long.

MinionZombie
04-Nov-2006, 04:22 PM
Or...

They all decide to hide in the attic with all their supplies, knocking a hole in the roof to signal for help, the zombies swarm the house, but without a ladder or stairs to climb to get to the attic, they're safe as houses. The rednecks come and save the day while giving Ben a shedload of evils, he then proceeds to call their bluff and challenges them to a duel but they back down as the rednecks are actually all pussies underneath all the bad teeth and flannel shirts. Ben flies off to an empty island and comes across two men and a woman with a weird fixation on calendars.

Danny
05-Nov-2006, 04:48 AM
they all do a night90' and follow the 90's barberas idea and just walk home, heading around the slow,slow zombies.:lol: