View Full Version : Season of the Dead reviewed on 10/20/06 Deadpit.com show

DjfunkmasterG
03-Nov-2006, 11:15 PM
download it and go to the 1:59:30 marker

www.deadpit.com

axlish
04-Nov-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the post DJ :)

Lukewarm review though :( I can't say that I disagree with their observations...

Needed to be longer, more drawn out (which I think suggests that the story had legs and could have been expanded to feature length)
Needed more characters (The original script had 3-4 more characters, but alas, I get what I can for free)
Needed more gore (No doubt about it, the gore budget on my next flick will be around 5x of the total budget of season)

Fulcifan91
04-Nov-2006, 12:57 PM
Are you sure its at the 1:59:30 marker?

Ive tried many times, but theyre only talking about some slasher movie?

axlish
04-Nov-2006, 01:44 PM
last weeks show :) look in the archive section if it isn't on the front page

LouCipherr
07-Nov-2006, 05:33 PM
Did they say anything about not having any 'lookers' in the movie?

:lol: :lol: dude, I'm just kidding! y'know I had to razz ya about that one again sooner or later. Just a joke, don't get upset. ;) :)

Seriously, I haven't listened to the review yet - were they that harsh? The way I look at is, lukewarm is better than ice cold. I haven't asked you this before axlish, but was SotD your first film?

I will say this: I saw SotD, thanks to Dj (he let me borrow his DVD). I haven't heard deadpit's review, but I can't see them trashing it completely. If they did, then, well, I'd be leary of the review they gave our film.

axlish
07-Nov-2006, 06:20 PM
I did a film called Dead Afternoon a few years back and it is on the DVD that I sent Gary. Check it out if you still have the disc.

They didn't trash the film at all, they just weren't that excited about it either. CK liked it better than Bill, or simply forgave more.

LouCipherr
07-Nov-2006, 07:40 PM
Ah, ok. I still have the disc, so I'll check it out! I thought only SotD was on there.. d'oh! my bad. :D

Danny
08-Nov-2006, 07:59 AM
im sorry but i really couldnt listen to that, it was horrible those southern accents were like nails on a chalkboard.

LouCipherr
10-Nov-2006, 03:31 AM
"Row faster... I hear banjo music"

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
10-Nov-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey hey hey, Uncle Bill and the Creepy Kentuckian are cool people. Met them in Louisville KY at the Fright Night Film Fest and shot the breeze with them for 45 minutes. It was a nice little treat.