PDA

View Full Version : The greatest comment ever!!!

deadpunk
07-Nov-2006, 03:32 AM
This is hands down, the greatest comment I have ever recieved on one of my stories. This one came from my recently posted GET STUFFED.

This is a comment from user Nemain regarding your fiction contribution "Get Stuffed".

Comment:-
That was frickin hilarious! It would make a GREAT tales from the crypt!.

:D

Neil
07-Nov-2006, 06:39 PM
:) It is a nice one :)

radiokill
08-Nov-2006, 02:26 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
that's was funny stuff...I've kept waiting for some fecal matter, but I think things were just fine w/out it

deadpunk
08-Nov-2006, 03:39 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
that's was funny stuff...I've kept waiting for some fecal matter, but I think things were just fine w/out it

The really funny thing is: I never set out to make that story a comedy. In
fact, I didn't realize that it was one, until I heard my wife laughing as she read it. I always wanted to write a darkly comic zombie tale, but never had any ideas for one...

;)

Arcades057
08-Nov-2006, 02:09 PM
I still like this one I recieved from one of mine...

"u r gay my sister liks u"

Don't know who gave it, but thanks. With your grasp on grammar and the subtle context contained in metaphor, you have succeeded in opening my eyes to the world, my little fiction-comment-poster.

I evaluated my sexuality after recieving the comment. First I boned your sister. Not so good. That made me get the idea that, yes, maybe I was gay. Then I boned your mother. Ahh, how can one be gay when mother-sex is just so good?

So, my little fiction-comment-posting-hint-dropper, I can gladly say, with some certainty, no, I am not gay.

Your momma is just too good in the sack for that. :D

deadpunk
08-Nov-2006, 03:56 PM
Bwhahahahahaha...I remember that one.

I've recieved my share of those as well, mano. That's what makes it nice to finally get one that isn't written by an illiterate with the mentality of a four year old.

I just recently recieved one from HOLLYWOOD NIGHT that was literally:

After some clarification, the author of said comment informed me that this meant the story was simply "okay". And here, I thought it had left him/her speechless ;) Will wonders never cease?

I've always had a love/hate relationship with the author comment feature. On one hand, it's great to recieve feedback on your stuff. And being that it's posted under your real name and not your forum SN, you sometimes get the added bonus of a good comment from someone that actively flames you on the boards! LOL.

On the other hand, the negative criticism you recieve is almost never, never, never, ever constructive. It's generally the type of sh!t that you posted above. So, you have to suck it up and take it with the proverbial grain of salt.

Still, a gem is a gem. And when someone tells you that you've written something that forms a true IMAGE in their mind, something that they can translate into a televised program... That makes it worth 1,000,000 idiotic statements. :)

rightwing401
10-Nov-2006, 04:23 PM
Well it was kind of a funny story. So the comment certainly was justified.
Now that I think about it, I really haven't had that many crap mails. I guess I'm just lucky (so far). Still, my best comment started with, 'you mf.' I think you can tell how it went from there.

deadpunk
11-Nov-2006, 02:20 AM
LOL...you know, this story isn't even one of my own personal faves, yet:

This is a comment from user ***** regarding your fiction contribution "Get Stuffed".

Comment:-
David,

this has got to be one of the best stories I've read all year. I thought the characters were great. I really enjoyed how the cursing was so sparse. I have a problem with too many swear words in my zombie pieces, but yours were effective. I also really liked the narration of the stoner. It was realistic.

I wanted Ernest to last longer because he was such a likeable character, but the ending was great! I look forward to more of your work.

:) So, I said my usual 'Thanks' (Yes, I reply to every single comment I get) and I get this as a response...

Hi D,

I teach at a community college in Chicago. I liked the piece so much,
I'm having my students do a formal analysis of the point of view and
characters, yadida. They are looking at different genres today, but I
think they'll enjoy this piece because we always focus on "serious"
fiction.

If they generate anything useful for you as a writer, I'll send that
your way.

ps Normally I would ask for permission first, but true to this
semester, I'm a procrastinating jack ass. If you have a problem,
though, let me know, and I'll pull it from the list. I don't teach
until 7pm central time.

We now pause this post as DP steps outside to dance a jig... Further details to follow...

:D

wayzim
20-Nov-2006, 04:49 PM
Most of the reader mail I'd gotten over the years has been positive, though the handful that wasn't at least had some helpful critiques in them, so it's all good.
I've compiled several over the years, from 2000 to 05, but these were some of the most memorable.
Most recent, from a fella calling himself Buzzheavy, funny because he kept forgetting to add something so I got several short e-mails within a few hours of each other.
"Hey... I forgot to mention that it's pretty amazing that DeadFall opened with a gas-pumping deader, just like LOTD. Groovy "

From Elcolo9, 2/02, regarding The Nuked and The Dead - "I read Nuked and... ****in freaky **** man... freaky ****... but very very goooood. "

A long one from this kid Tim, who almost ID'ed himself too well, with an amazingly long run-on sentence 1/02 - "I read Deadfall Foreshadow and I have to say it was one of the most insperational pieces i have ever read. Due not only to the fact of great brilliance behind the writing and the story that was created by Mr. Roomero but you also looked at the point of things that often get covered up due to how the information was achieved whether or not it was for the benefit of the people and while I agree with the point that it was chilling as to why Mary had taken her life it shows and( I assume he meant 'an. ' )inspiration that not enough people in this world believe in. That one's life is no where as great as what that life can give. I don't mean dir for America or the American people, but for any one person or people. Life is to great to waste thats why I do not believe in nationalism because it has caused far to many wars. "
(and I was just trying to write a decent story .. )

A brief bit from Klehmann, 11/01 - "I read DeadFall and .. man i can't believe how good these stories were if you tried to mave it into a movie it would cost a billion dollars .. "

My Preservation of A Species (currently being developed into a novel length manuscript ) had gotten the most responses of any of my stories, in the shortest amount of time, twenty or so within a twelve hour period after it was posted.

From tyoxtheime, 11/00, this snippet concerning Preservation - "I think you should continue the story by having Jonathan comeback to the main land and having a few friends come along(Human Mercenaries). I hope you continue it and if you do could you make the leader of the mercenary gang me. "

This fella mogons, 10/00, had me in stitches since he freely admitted to having read Preservation, late one night while being seriously sloshed, then asked a number of very specific questions(too long to post right now) concerning thier origins.

And finally, for the moment, this e-mail had me going for awhile, hoping George Romero had actually read one of my stories. It turned out 'No. ' but spectulating was fun.

From GRMonLI, 10/00 - "I read Preservation of A Species and ... Thought it it was an inventive and imaginative way to blend two of the best best myths of horror. Zombies and Vampires happen to be my two favorites and it was great to see them mixed. Good Job!
George "

Alot more, but these were among the best, and keep those cards n letter coming ... ;)

Wayne Z
"We're the fire vs the frying pan. " Susanna Cartier, from Preservation of A Species. "