PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Ho-Tep

prettycorpses
08-Nov-2006, 09:36 AM
Any one seen this? God love Bruce Campbell!

If you havent seen it then get off your backside and go find it!

http://www.mgm.com/title_clip.do?title_star=XXXBUBBAHOT

I think they're doing a sequal too!?

Danny
08-Nov-2006, 10:48 AM
i think the sequel is about vampires, but it might just be wishful rumors on the net, and yeah i loved it too, not the best plot but easily cambells best performance in years.:)

LouCipherr
08-Nov-2006, 11:42 AM
This movie was a classic! Dj mentioned this movie to me many moons ago and I thought he was nuts for liking it after he described the plot of the movie. well, on a whim one night I rented it and checked it out - boy was I wrong! GREAT movie, and one of Campbell's best. "You've got bugs the size of peanut butter sandwiches.. and i've got a growth on my pecker" :lol: :lol:

_liam_
08-Nov-2006, 01:24 PM
yeah it's great. i've always found this film strangely moving...

and the soundtrack is excellent.

coma
08-Nov-2006, 02:43 PM
This movie was a classic! Dj mentioned this movie to me many moons ago and I thought he was nuts for liking it after he described the plot of the movie. well, on a whim one night I rented it and checked it out - boy was I wrong! GREAT movie, and one of Campbell's best. "You've got bugs the size of peanut butter sandwiches.. and i've got a growth on my pecker" :lol: :lol:
I trust in Bruce. When he's on the screen it's always good. He like Steve Buscemi. Drop him in a piece O' crap, while they are on screen it's elevated to their level.
Bubba Ho tep was wierd as hell. And I loved JFK.

Darkdeath
08-Nov-2006, 02:48 PM
It was ok, not one of Bruce's best but. At times I think he takes any kind of movie that is thrown at him. I give him a thumb up for this flick but other than that. No... I was hoping he was going to come up to college in michigan again so I can get a picture with him. Other that nothing has change for him. If anything he played a ok part in Comic book so he should go on to bigger and better.

capncnut
08-Nov-2006, 11:30 PM
Bubba Ho-Tep is not only utterly hilarious but is also one of Don Coscarelli's greatest flicks. Bruce Campbell made that role his own and it was a phenomenal final movie for Ossie Davis. As for the sequel hint at the end of the credits, it was only intended as a joke I'm afraid.

Fulcifan91
09-Nov-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah amazing movie. Bruce Campbell is one of my favorite actors

zombie04
09-Nov-2006, 01:40 AM
"I think it was Lyndon Johnson."

"Jack, um, LBJ is dead."

"Sh!t, that won't stop him."

capncnut
09-Nov-2006, 06:30 AM
"They dyed me!" :lol:

Cody
09-Nov-2006, 08:33 PM
I havent seen this yet but I want to since I always find everyone talking about it

Tullaryx
13-Nov-2006, 12:53 PM
An underrated classic and should be seen and worshipped by more people for everyone knows Bruce Campbell is GOD. Also, there will be a sequel. It's actually more of a prequel and it's title is Bubba Nosferatu and the She-Vampires. Bruce will star again as Elvis but abit younger. Don Coscarelli will be back in the director's chair and Joe R. Lansdale will be writing the story.

capncnut
14-Nov-2006, 12:35 AM
I would love it if Coscarelli did Bubba Nosferatu but there's no solid info on this whatsoever. I read a few things on Fangoria but it all seems like wishful thinking, even on Campbell's behalf. Can anyone link up something more reliable?

MikePizzoff
14-Nov-2006, 01:03 AM
I liked this movie.

I believe Bubba Nosferatu is getting close to being in production. I just don't know of any websites for it. Look up stuff on message boards.

Tullaryx
14-Nov-2006, 02:32 PM
I would love it if Coscarelli did Bubba Nosferatu but there's no solid info on this whatsoever. I read a few things on Fangoria but it all seems like wishful thinking, even on Campbell's behalf. Can anyone link up something more reliable?

Entry on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457295/) but then they could be abit wrong at times. So here's another.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bubba-Nosferatu-Begins-Shooting-Soon-3845.html

It's really not who will be in it but when pre-production will end and production itself begins. The delay in the project had been due to heads of MGM being changed and all deals about the sequel being put in limbo as the new MGM studio heads got caught up. Coscarelli has been speaking of the project at every convention show all year and even able to get Paul Giamatti to sign up as Colonel Parker.

Danny
14-Nov-2006, 02:49 PM
id check here, that probably give you any info when its available.

http://www.bruce-campbell.com/

capncnut
14-Nov-2006, 06:19 PM
Cheers guys. 'Pig Vomit' will kick ass as Colonel Parker! :D