PDA

View Full Version : Science Fiction Britannia - UK folks - Starts tonight...

Neil
13-Nov-2006, 07:39 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/features/sfb.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/features/images/sfb2_lead.jpg

_liam_
13-Nov-2006, 08:10 AM
excellent, been really looking forward to this. lovin the ukscifi revival goin on, with doctor who, quatermass and captain scarlet remakes (also the dude who did sapphire & steel is writing an episode of doctor who for the next series).

apparently blakes 7 might make a comeback, sounds cool.

they really need to remake/reprise/repeat terry nation's "survivors". that was one of the definitive gloomy brit sci fi shows.

Neil
13-Nov-2006, 08:15 AM
apparently blakes 7 might make a comeback, sounds cool.

I've been waiting for that for ages! PLEASE!!!!

Did you ever watch Tripods? It's kinda cheesy, but good fun. But God is it annoying that the third (final) series was never made - So the second series just ends on a complete cliff hanger...

Cykotic
13-Nov-2006, 09:40 AM
I've seen a few episodes of Tripods and it's pretty good. Not really my thing though. And as for Survivors.... I've wanted to see that show for a long time... Is it out on DVD???

Neil
13-Nov-2006, 10:15 AM
I've seen a few episodes of Tripods and it's pretty good. Not really my thing though. And as for Survivors.... I've wanted to see that show for a long time... Is it out on DVD???

Hold on to your pants! http://www.survivorstvseries.com/DVD_release.htm - BBC4, Tuesday 5th December at 8.30pm

Also, look on EBay :)

_liam_
13-Nov-2006, 10:37 AM
yeah the tripods ruled. did you ever read the prequel novel "when the tripods came"?. its actually thinner than a slice of bread but entertaining nonetheless.

survivors is brilliant, i seriously recommend buying the first series w/out hesitation if you liked dawn of the dead, 28 days later, the last train, children of men etc.

did i mention how badly children of men kicked arse? it's amazing. logans run meets saving private ryan.

Cykotic
13-Nov-2006, 10:56 AM
Children of Men = amazing

and I thought I was the only one who LOVED!!! the last train!

did anyone remember a series on channel 4 called "UltraViolet"?

Plus, Ian McCulloch was in survivors? Wasn't he in "Zombie Flesh Eaters"?

Danny
13-Nov-2006, 11:30 AM
anything till the new doctor whos on ill take instead of that super crapy torchwood.:barf:

Cykotic
13-Nov-2006, 11:43 AM
anything till the new doctor whos on ill take instead of that super crapy torchwood

Torchwood isn't that bad... sure, they have only 1 or 2 good stories, but it isn't that crap...

_liam_
13-Nov-2006, 03:38 PM
yep, ian mcculloch of zombie flesh eaters fame. he also wrote a few episodes, and working on "survivors" had such a profound impact on his life, he now lives in isolation, raising sheep! no joke.

ultraviolet was great. the dude who directed it went on to direct the recent doctor who episode "dalek". i think he did a couple of others as well.

i quite like torchwood so far. my main problem is the production values - it does kinda look like grange hill sometimes. torchwood is an anagram of doctor who ...ooo

Danny
14-Nov-2006, 06:15 AM
i just hate the poor acting, like at the end of one ep they said "you wouldnt have killed him" adn that captain jack guy goes "would.nt.i?" and yeah wooden is the word id use.:barf:

plus the cyberwoman ep was such a let down i would have put a load of like badly converted cyber zombies in instead, though maybe thats just cus im a member of this forum but it still would have been cool:lol:

capncnut
14-Nov-2006, 06:12 PM
yep, ian mcculloch of zombie flesh eaters fame. he also wrote a few episodes, and working on "survivors" had such a profound impact on his life, he now lives in isolation, raising sheep! no joke.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that dude was also in an episode of Hammer House Of Horror that was about vampires or something.