PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons movie trailer...

Neil
13-Nov-2006, 07:53 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/trailer/

When I first heard about it, I did't really think it would work - what with 1,000,000 episodes already out there - but now I sort of fancy it :)

Cykotic
13-Nov-2006, 09:44 AM
This kicks so much ass.... I need to see this

Danny
13-Nov-2006, 10:03 AM
jesus is there any level greoning wont stoop to?, why they quit futurama and kept on with this stale crap is truly beyond me.:bored:

Neil
13-Nov-2006, 10:13 AM
jesus is there any level greoning wont stoop to?, why they quit futurama and kept on with this stale crap is truly beyond me.:bored:

LOL! Not a fan then I suspect :)

MinionZombie
13-Nov-2006, 11:05 AM
:lol:

I haven't laughed at The Simpson's that much in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

That trailer, all 90 seconds of it, was 100% funnier than Simpson's season 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 put together - 16 through 18 have been particularly, hideously bad I'm sad to say.

If this movie was 1) actually damn funny like The Simpson's used to be, and 2) the finale of The Simpson's overall - then that'd be just fine, go out with a bang, rather than limping on like they're doing right now.

They should end it with the movie and bring back Futurama and devote all their energy to that, and *gasp*, perhaps a new show?! :eek:

I don't know who the hell is writing/producing the current spate of episodes on the show, but do they not realise they're producing something painfully unfunny? Are they all snorting some new fangled drug the normal people don't have, because every week I watch one of the new episodes I just sit there groaning with a distinctly unsmiling face, not even a courtesy chuckle.

Fingers crossed this movie is actually funny, the trailer certainly makes it look rather entertaining, like I said, haven't laughed like that at The Simpson's in quite some time.

Danny
13-Nov-2006, 11:28 AM
LOL! Not a fan then I suspect :)

man i used to love the simpsons but the last five years of the show have just sucked balls, for instance just t'uther day i saw a "new" episode were bart was suspended from school AGAIN and sent off to some kind of camp or somethign AGAIN and homer did something stupid to screw it all up.

i loiked the simpsons back when it was kinda like king of the hill in the early seasons, its wasnt quite reality but it still was about real stuff, like homer had no money to get his kids presents for christmas or something, now its more abusrd than a south park episode, including the crab people.

i just think they should, like mz said, bring back futurama for a start, since who didnt love that show and work on something new, jesus even freinds new when to quit.

cept mat leblanc but thats beside the point:p

scotty Boy
13-Nov-2006, 02:34 PM
I personally dont think The Simpsons has died down or dropped standards at all. Im not a fan of how they get the a stpryline now. It take about 7 mins of the episode to find out what the storyline will be.

But this film will be almost as good as Borat or Anchorman in my opinion, cant wait for next yera. All these releases!!

coma
13-Nov-2006, 03:16 PM
There wasn't much in that trailer. Just some slapstick gag. Its when they satrt talking that it gets lame.
Season 7 was the best, when Conan O'Brian was writing most of it.. Around 10 it just got boring and repititious. Using wierdness instead of smart thought out jokes. If they need a joke just make homer say something that barely makes sence.
Hard to believe its been on 18 years. And I could care less about this movie. It's 10 years too late.
And Futurama is coming back. They didn't quit, they got cancelled.

slickwilly13
13-Nov-2006, 03:45 PM
I have a teaser trailer saved on my XBOX 360. I will check it out when it hits theaters. They need to bring back Futurama.

Eyebiter
13-Nov-2006, 04:43 PM
They need to bring back Futurama.

Comedy Central has already ordered new episodes of Futurama to air in 2008. Details unclear at this point but it appears 4 direct to dvd Futurama movies will be created, then split into either 13 or 16 episodes for TV broadcast.

slickwilly13
13-Nov-2006, 05:11 PM
Cool. Thanks.

MinionZombie
13-Nov-2006, 08:09 PM
Just watched Simpson's episode 18x05 ... *sigh* ... oh dear oh dear oh dear ... talk about piss poor. If I want politics, I'll watch the news, I don't want typically Hollywood "I know everything" schmolotics from the writers of The Simpson's. It was just hideous from start to finish. At least American Dad takes the piss out of politics...(comparing AD nowadays to TS nowadays).

MikePizzoff
13-Nov-2006, 08:51 PM
I haven't seen a "new" episode of the Simpsons in probably around 5 years, so I don't know how I feel about what they've been producing.

But that trailer wasn't too bad.

I laughed. Stuck between a rock and a hard place... clever!

capncnut
14-Nov-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh man, I'm really so super fantastically psyched up for this! I don't think. :D