PDA

View Full Version : New Competition - 'Black Corpse Transmissions V1.3' CDs

Neil
13-Nov-2006, 06:53 PM
Homepage of the Dead has two copies of this CD to give away. These are a rather unique audio experience designed to create an apocalyptic ambience.

Cykotic
15-Nov-2006, 07:39 AM
Well, I've Entered... I've never won any competitions on this site, so this time, I hope that changes!!!

Neil
15-Nov-2006, 07:58 AM
Did you hear the examples on the site? (& competition page itself)

Quite effective ain't it :)

Cykotic
15-Nov-2006, 08:21 AM
I've heard a few tracks and I know that is something... different. I like different...

Deadman_Deluxe
15-Nov-2006, 01:25 PM
The one and only piece of "music" which is available online from the Alpha_Dog: Black Corpse Transmissions V1.3 album (the embedded .MP3 file) is just a ninety second extract from track one.

Track_001: Dragged kicking and screaming into the basement and torn to shreds by a black boned angel. Track one has a total run time of 13.53Ms.

Readers of the journal will of course recognise this extract as it is also embedded into the journal page on infinite loop. The actual CD itself (DISC RUN TIME: 51.51Ms) is quite "varied" throughout, though it DOES also stay VERY dark throughout.

More info here: http://alpha-dog.livejournal.com/60553.html

More images here: http://pics.livejournal.com/alpha_dog/gallery/000089k0

ALPHA_DOG - Black Corpse Transmissions Version One Point Three: Bonewire Corp (Review).

" . . . This disc actually wants you to die. It ****ing hates you. It hates you because it knows the truth. The truth, for what it is worth, is that you deserve a prolonged and agonising death, and for fifty five minutes it positively taunts you with the sickness it want's to inflict upon you. But don't make the mistake, not even for one single second, that death is it's true endgame.

If this score could manifest itself as a physical reality it would hold you down by your throat for the duration and gently caress your eyeballs with blunt scissors to distract you from the harm it will be doing to your long term mental development. I ****ing love it!

DISC TRACKLIST:

Track_001: Dragged kicking and screaming into the basement and torn to shreds by a black boned angel. 13.53Ms

Track_002: Trapped in a world where low tech pushed to the limits is a thing of beauty and a clean headshot is nothing more than a random act of kindness. 14.16Ms

Track_003: Feelings of remorse are exempt in the white eyes of an anomoly.* 26.06Ms

*Flesheater_Deluxe Edit - Contains the Ultra Rare "Pissing Chunk's" extract .

Cykotic
15-Nov-2006, 03:48 PM
Quite Cheerful isn't it...

capncnut
15-Nov-2006, 07:26 PM
Sounds lovely... :confused:

scotty Boy
21-Nov-2006, 02:48 PM
when will the competition end? im guessing it says someone on the web site but i just cant find the closing date

Neil
21-Nov-2006, 03:21 PM
when will the competition end? im guessing it says someone on the web site but i just cant find the closing date

Says on the page - http://www.homepageofthedead.com/competition/blackcorpse.html

Dec 24th...

Deadman_Deluxe
21-Nov-2006, 04:12 PM
Start AND end dates for the HPOTD.com/Alpha_Dog competition can also be found both at the top of the Alpha_Dog journal, and on the front page of www.alphadog.tk

GLHH!

HLS
22-Nov-2006, 05:26 PM
I hope I win. I never win anything!:bored:

I like Deadmans music! I use it on myspace page quite often :p

capncnut
22-Nov-2006, 10:21 PM
Just entered. I've played my Black Lace party album to death and I need something new to 'conga' to. :D

HLS
22-Nov-2006, 11:33 PM
Just entered. I've played my Black Lace party album to death and I need something new to 'conga' to. :D
if you win i hope you will burn me a copy:kiss:

Well, I've Entered... I've never won any competitions on this site, so this time, I hope that changes!!!

You should do something like this with your music cykotic, your stuff is good.

capncnut
23-Nov-2006, 08:44 AM
Gotta say that I've been checking out some of Deadman's stuff and the ambience is quite s**t hot actually!

Danny
26-Nov-2006, 01:36 AM
dec 24th?, hm, might enter for once.

though why do i allways end up being the last person to find out?:dead:

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 06:19 PM
Gotta say that I've been checking out some of Deadman's stuff and the ambience is quite s**t hot actually!

Told ya. Kinda grows on ya. HUH :D

I am catching up on you in posts har har

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 06:21 PM

I don't know about that for my guilty conscience would haunt me for weeks. After all, 'home pirating is killing music!' :p

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't know about that for my guilty conscience would haunt me for weeks. After all, 'home pirating is killing music!' :p

Well maybe if I whine and beg like a baby someone will give me a copy. LOL

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 06:27 PM
I am catching up on you in posts har har

I had no idea we had a competition going? :sneaky:

DVW5150
28-Nov-2006, 04:54 AM
I was on Alphas page reading his journal and theres a part where a trashcan or something gets kicked and 'karangs' . I have a really good speaker set up and it scared the begeezes outta me ... sheee-ite!:skull:

Deadman_Deluxe
28-Nov-2006, 10:26 AM
I was on Alphas page reading his journal and theres a part where a trashcan or something gets kicked and 'karangs' . I have a really good speaker set up and it scared the begeezes outta me ... sheee-ite!:skull:

Hahaha, awsome!!! That is EXACTLY what i wanted to hear ;)

Neil
29-Nov-2006, 08:51 AM

If you want a copy, and don't win, BUY ONE! For want of a better description please don't openly take the p*** like this :mad:

Deadman_Deluxe
29-Nov-2006, 10:12 PM
Well maybe if I whine and beg like a baby someone will give me a copy. LOL

It is yours to own on hard copy OPSEC Black on Black compact disc (Limited Numbers of this OPSEC disc) for just $13.13 WITH FREE SHIPPING WORDWIDE ... make of that what you will ;)

HLS
29-Nov-2006, 10:23 PM
It is yours to own on hard copy OPSEC Black on Black compact disc (Limited Numbers of this OPSEC disc) for just $13.13 WITH FREE SHIPPING WORDWIDE ... make of that what you will ;)

That is cool I presume we can order it on your website somewhere :)

Neil
29-Nov-2006, 10:31 PM
though why do i allways end up being the last person to find out?:dead:

** note to others - watch out! he's beginning to get suspicious! **

Deadman_Deluxe
06-Dec-2006, 09:32 AM
That is cool I presume we can order it on your website somewhere :)

Yeah,

Just click on the image for more info (SOP?), or ask me via PM or something.

capncnut
26-Dec-2006, 12:10 AM
So c'mon, who won? :sneaky:

Neil
26-Dec-2006, 08:25 AM
Emails sent... Awaiting replies...

MinionZombie
26-Dec-2006, 10:09 AM
Ah well ... wasn't me in that case! :eek:

Cykotic
26-Dec-2006, 12:11 PM
me either...

MinionZombie
26-Dec-2006, 12:18 PM
*grumples* I never win anything, grrr...

Well ... except that time I won the Night90 soundtrack ... and then last month when I won The Omen Trilogy fancy-arse £45 boxset ... okay, I'll shut up...but that was after years of not winning anything.

capncnut
26-Dec-2006, 04:54 PM
Okay, I'm over it. When's the next comp?

HLS
26-Dec-2006, 10:43 PM
Damn it to Hell! I never win. Crap.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Danny
05-Jan-2007, 11:57 AM
who did win?

Neil
05-Jan-2007, 12:14 PM
who did win?

One winner has not responded, so one of my jobs tonight is to contact another person in their place...

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2007, 12:23 PM
If you're doing one of them "first person" things, allow me to say ME!!! :)

capncnut
05-Jan-2007, 12:41 PM
Geez, why go in for a competition if you're not gonna even claim your prize?

capncnut
15-Mar-2007, 04:32 AM
So, did someone come forward or did MZ collect the prize? :sneaky:

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2007, 12:09 PM
I just flung my hand in the air on this 'ere thread as I thought "just in case", you know ... but I guess as Neil hadn't announced that that was what he was gonna do, it wouldn't have been fair, but my luck was tickling my balls that day alright, and he did a random draw and my name still came up! :)

I've been meaning to do Deadman like a quote/paragraph write up, I've listened to the CD and it's great, but there's always been something getting in the way of sitting down to give it a closer listen and write out a little quote type review, it's like today, I've got a load of tapes to transfer to different media...always something coming along, but I will get Deadman that quote sometime! :cool:

capncnut
15-Mar-2007, 11:08 PM
Damn, you lucky dog! :D

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2007, 11:47 PM
I know! I had a bit of a run of good luck at that time, and I hadn't won anything in a long time too. :cool:

If you want creepy, atmospheric sound to fill your background with, to have the aural representation of a nightmare, I'd highly recommend the album. :)

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 03:47 AM
I like the sound of it but I'm just not sure if it's something I'd pay for. I don't mean that to sound rude or anything but what are the chances of me wanting to play this again and again?

Still, I'd love to hear it though and find out. :cool:

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2007, 10:59 AM
I've listened to it a few times thus far, I personally find it great for background ambience/atmosphere. It'd be ideal for a halloween get together, throw some mood in there like, I find it quite nice while reading or just doing general stuff in my room ... which sounds kinda weird, I know. Great if you're in the mood for a little slice of horror in your otherwise fancy-free day. :)

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 11:31 AM
I've listened to it a few times thus far, I personally find it great for background ambience/atmosphere. It'd be ideal for a halloween get together, throw some mood in there like, I find it quite nice while reading or just doing general stuff in my room ... which sounds kinda weird, I know. Great if you're in the mood for a little slice of horror in your otherwise fancy-free day. :)
I'll have to visit the site and have a butchers.

If you want creepy, atmospheric sound to fill your background with, to have the aural representation of a nightmare, I'd highly recommend the album. :)
Perfect for goffs then. :D