PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Jeff Reddick (Day of the Dead remake) at AICN...

Neil
15-Nov-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30713

My original take on the DOTD remake was a lot closer to the original film. About 75% of the movie took place in the bunker and many of the key characters, and their relationships, were similar. We updated the story so that it fit with the current world climate. With our new war on terror, the political climate is a lot different than it was 20 odd years ago. So I wanted to take George Romero’s themes and explore them in the context of the world we live in now.

Bubdotd
15-Nov-2006, 02:39 PM
well...

maybe the movie might not be as bad as i thought...

well i could be wrong..(Yawn04)

coma
15-Nov-2006, 02:48 PM
I was just about to post this.

"Jeff: The biggest reason was Steve Miner. I really like him as a director and he’s done some of my favorite movies, “Friday The 13th Part 2,” “House,” “Warlock” and “Halloween H20.”"
Warlock? House!?!

Either his taste sucks or he's a world class brown nose.

Still dubious.

Cykotic
15-Nov-2006, 03:25 PM
Well, I have had reservations in the past about this remake, but I intend on going to see it to check out how crap it is...

jim102016
16-Nov-2006, 01:35 AM
Interesting insight on how screwed up Hollywood is, but a bit annoying as the guy conducting the interview has no concept of what an interviewer is supposed to do. The interviewer is supposed to ask unbiased questions, and the interviewee is supposed to answer. Unbiased means NO ONE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT YOUR OPINION, WERESMURF! Stop trying to kiss the guy's ass and ask him unprejudiced questions. You're a perfect example of what's wrong with the media today.

"...Personally I again, don't share their opinions"

(Why would he say this rather than just asking the damned questions?)

"The thing that really pisses me off personally is when I see people on a movie board, or people in real life who condemn a movie to hell before seeing anything about it".

Yet, he pisses on the people who made 'Snakes on a Plane' two paragraphs above for their failed efforts in "trying to please everyone".

Last I checked, this movie hadn't even been released yet, it that still true?
If so, he's also a hypocrite.

Please take a class on journalism and stop acting like a child, WERESMURF, you really pulled a Katie Couric on this one.

This movie can still scratch my a*s, I'd rather see Snakes on a Plane.

DeadCentral
16-Nov-2006, 02:05 AM
Nicely said Jim...
When I interviewed Jeff, I asked all the pertinant questions that we as fans here would have wanted answered, but i still kept an open mind as to what he answered with. His responses to me were enthusiastic & sincere, but I'm still skeptical about the films outcome....I'll see it for what it is ... a remake , I'm not too thrilled with the current trailer , but ... it's a new zombie film .... not quite sure what to make of all of it yet ...it may bomb, it may be the same as Dawn 04...dunno yet ....but I sure as hell didn't kiss up to the guy, I told him he'll have his ass handed to him if the film sucks & he said he was prepared for that... give him credit for knowing what he's up against...

On the other hand, stepping away from the remake...he's a likeable guy, friendly , enthusiastic and a horror fans fan ... I enjoyed talking to him regardless of the film and/or the hype...

Brubaker
16-Nov-2006, 08:55 PM
So I wanted to take George Romero’s themes and explore them in the context of the world we live in now.

He says he wants to explore. I say he has either "lost the map" or is holding it upside down.

sirjacktorrance
17-Nov-2006, 03:40 PM
the thing that makes me laught is how he excuse the ****ty looking trailer.
"it´s not color corrected" bfff when you shoot something with good cameras the footage looks very similar to the final movie. don´t belive that the movie it´s gonna be much better looking.

coma
17-Nov-2006, 04:54 PM
the thing that makes me laught is how he excuse the ****ty looking trailer.
"it´s not color corrected" bfff when you shoot something with good cameras the footage looks very similar to the final movie. don´t belive that the movie it´s gonna be much better looking.

I know , thats just stupid. THe Visual was fine, it what wa happening that wasn't.

You can mix a song till the cows come home, no amount of polish will make a crap song better

And thet tard-o-licious "bad day to be a zombie" line. "oh, that was improvised". Like thats an excuse to be stupid?!?!?!?!?!

sirjacktorrance
20-Nov-2006, 09:53 AM
i think he excused himself.it´s like he is saying:"hey!that crappy phrase it´s not mine!!"XD
i respect the guy, i think he is a friendly guy and likeable but he thinks in horror movies like adolscents movies.he only has write teen horror movies,he doesn´t understant what the adulthorror genre is and i don´t think he understands what the romero movis was about.