PDA

View Full Version : "How to kill a Zombie: The right way!" (Information needed!)

Cykotic
18-Mar-2006, 11:17 AM
Ok folks, Me again. I'm in the process of planning a short feature called "How to kill Zombies: The right way!". It is gonna filmed and planned in a way that looks like one of those cheesy survival videos. Can anyone offer any advice on how to do this? Any help will be taken!!!

Deadman_Deluxe
18-Mar-2006, 11:58 AM
How to kill a Zombie: The right way?

Surely the answer must be : Shoot it in the head.

Cykotic
18-Mar-2006, 12:07 PM
Actually, That was the wrong title! The right title is "How to kill Zombies: What you need to know!" and It's not just about killing zombies! It also about how to protect yourself against them, what weapons you need, supplies, defence, things like that.

MinionZombie
18-Mar-2006, 12:51 PM
One of the extras on the DVD of "Danger! 50,000 Volts" is called "Danger! 50,000 Zombies" featuring Nick Frost (of course) and Simon Pegg, who plays an Australian zombie hunter who gives Frost the low down on how to tackle a zombie invasion. It's funny, funny stuff.

Deadman_Deluxe
18-Mar-2006, 12:55 PM
I dunno man, people will always have their own ideas about what the right kit should consist of, along with a lot of other aspects ... personal choice i guess.

I recently got onto the advantages of "chisel tipped" dive knives, tactical range from Ontario Knife Company in particular ... which is something no one has ever touched upon before.

You might get a few ideas from this list here, but be warned ... i have not updated it for several months, make of it what you will ... http://www.mkultrasound.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lungworm/alpha_dog/data/data_003.htm

Cykotic
18-Mar-2006, 12:57 PM
That's the kind of thing I'm doing here. I've just discovered that If I was too get a BBFC certification (so I can show it at my local UCI or Odeon), It's going to cost £155.90 (reviewing the film and the packaging). Does anyone know to avoid this and still get it shown????

Eyebiter
18-Mar-2006, 03:28 PM
http://www.edenstudios.net/shootinhead.jpg

Danny
29-Mar-2006, 10:42 PM
Ok folks, Me again. I'm in the process of planning a short feature called "How to kill Zombies: The right way!". It is gonna filmed and planned in a way that looks like one of those cheesy survival videos. Can anyone offer any advice on how to do this? Any help will be taken!!!

woah deja vu, you just named my last film studies coursework, and what it was about.

see this is why there arent many british film directors.

we all have the same one idea ,its been around since the mid-80's,lol.

One of the extras on the DVD of "Danger! 50,000 Volts" is called "Danger! 50,000 Zombies" featuring Nick Frost (of course) and Simon Pegg, who plays an Australian zombie hunter who gives Frost the low down on how to tackle a zombie invasion. It's funny, funny stuff.

holy crap you have a creepy amount of similair tastes to me.

wait are you an evil me from another dimension!?!?!

do you have a goatee?!?!?!

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2006, 08:02 AM
I wish I had a goatee, been trying to about 3 years, ha! Although I'm getting closer, I have a jawline beard though ... and sometimes I can be quite evil, lol. Indeed, we do have many similar tastes - but perhaps it is you who is the evil version of me? hehehe.

My two cents on the British Film Industry - reason why it's so crap is because of, you guessed it, Labour - Darth Brown has done nothing for several years to properly help the film industry. "Four Weddings And A Funeral" came out in what, 1994? Who was in government then? Conservatives, exactly, and THAT film kicked off the new wave of British film. Same thing with Brit Pop - it's NOT a product of a Labour government, they're a product of a Conservative government - it started before Bliar even got his foot in the door.

Darth Brown has cut all the money from the British film industry, we have about two studios - both in friggin' London - and look at all the major successful British films lately - ALL financed by foreign money and/or starring an American.

Shaun of the Dead - partly funded by Canal + (French)
Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit - funded by Dreamworks (American)

The list goes on and on, "Sex Lives of the Potato Men" was probably the last British-British film we had, and that bombed, funded by Lottery money only as far as I know. And where do our best directors and stars go once successful? America.

Sam Mendes, Ian McKellen, Keira Knightly, Kate Winslet - the list goes on and on annnnnnd on.

*ahem* Another rant from me, I'm passionate about the British film industry and it just steams my clams when someone in government says it's doing great - it fudging isn't - and when some moron (I forget his name) says Darth Brown is doing such a good job helping out - HE ISN'T, he's taxed everyone to cover the massive shotgun spending spree he's okayed and none of it has ended up in the hands of our creative talent.

Our industry is livelier than it used to be - but because of foreign investment. Like everything these days eh?

Danny
30-Mar-2006, 12:20 PM
bloody hell, i hate going to london.

the uk needs more stuff in the center area that way everyone has an equal distance to travel, see allthough my primary ''dream'' is to be a writer, director, ive allways wanted to set up some kinda film company in the midlands.

...or a comic book shop, just depends what mood im in when i make it big,lol.

thecoldwarrior
31-Mar-2006, 11:48 PM
I got a book from thinkgeek called the Zombie survival guide. Its a pretty basic book, but very fun!