PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands - the spoof trailer...

MinionZombie
19-Nov-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi all,

This was inspired by the Deadlands "caption this" thread recently where a lot of the captions put a slightly gay friendship spin on the dialogue they might be saying in that caption. I said 'someone should do a Brokeback Mountain style trailer for this film' and when I finally stopped being lazy, I put one together.

Filmed off my computer screen for ease (hence the slightly weird ratio of something like 2.10:1 :lol:), I went through the flick and did this trailer for what I like to call "Brokeback: The Rising" (I'd considered Deadlands Mountain, but "The Rising" means a stiffy, so it seemed to fit the spoofage). It's a kind of 'two gay chums versus a world of hate road movie melodrama' type deal, anyway, you'll see from the trailer here:

Brokeback: The Rising (2:43) (http://media.putfile.com/BrokebackTheRisingWide)

I'm quite chuffed with it, hopefully ya'll enjoy the spoofy-ness. :)

Dawg
19-Nov-2006, 02:31 PM
It was inspiring and dramatic, unless you didn't literally mean 'gay'.

I guess compared to the hard-as-nails, ball-to-the-walls type trailers, that would be kind of too feminine.

At least women would want to watch it. Hehe! :o

:dead: Dawg

DjfunkmasterG
19-Nov-2006, 04:54 PM
That was bloody brillant. I think Nick captured the essence of how the world perceives a gay relationship. It is like a political witch huny. That worked perfectly, I was in tears laughing.

FYI - I'm not gay... "I'm a smooth pimp daddy, who loves the PUSSY."

Danny
19-Nov-2006, 05:11 PM
riiiiiiiggght....:rolleyes:

MinionZombie
19-Nov-2006, 06:07 PM
lol, glad folks are liking it, I've been rewatching it all day - and even though I cut it together in such a way - I'm still laughing at it. When I was capturing the footage of Gary and Brian at the picnic table I was stifling cheers of joy as the dialogue fitted the idea so perfectly.

It was gonna be a teensy bit different with the guy at the start in the white shirt (name escapes me now) seeing the zombies coming at him from far away (but in this context it'd be a hoard of gay people seeking justice) and then running off in fear. But I couldn't quite work that in, besides there were just so many opportunities to slow shots of Gary and Brian down to make innocent looks appear ever-so-fancy-free. :)

I think my favourite bit is Brian reacting to Connor saying "you're such a tool" (in the original audio), but in slow-mo and just as the guitar pings another note. :lol::)

capncnut
19-Nov-2006, 08:55 PM
I've not even seen Deadlands yet and I was laughing. It also gave me a better insight into how the movie looks as I have not seen much thus far. Nice one MZ.

HLS
20-Nov-2006, 01:19 AM
I need to buy that movie. that was an awesome spoof!

heidi

DjfunkmasterG
20-Nov-2006, 11:53 AM
I've not even seen Deadlands yet.

:eek:

You haven't seen it yet? Oh no!

LOL j/k

I still think this is one of the funnier Brokeback spoof trailers and I am not saying that because it's from my film, but it is far more entertaining.

My fave Brokeback spoof trailer was Brokeback of the Dead which used clips from DAY and the same music. It had a relationship with Dr. Logan and Bub.

capncnut
20-Nov-2006, 12:02 PM
You haven't seen it yet? Oh no!

And I'm thoroughly ashamed too. :o

MinionZombie
20-Nov-2006, 12:08 PM
Brokeback of the Dead and Brokeback To The Future were my two favourites (beyond this one of course).:)

Oh and the Shaun of the Dead one was also genius as it works so well, I actually wrote an essay about "homosociality" in film (covering Swingers and Shaun of the Dead) and when I got into it studying the film in that way, the Brokeback spoof of Shaun makes a lot of sense.

bassman
20-Nov-2006, 12:19 PM
I actually wrote an essay about "homosociality" in film (covering Swingers and Shaun of the Dead).

"You're so money and you don't even know it, baby":p

Funny trailer, MZ.