PDA

View Full Version : OK fathers...

Neil
19-Nov-2006, 09:06 PM
...how many of can't watch Finding Nemo without get a little teary eyed :)

It still gets me every time... Damn you Pixar for being so good!

capncnut
19-Nov-2006, 09:23 PM
BWAAAHAAA!!! Sorry man. :D

Neil
19-Nov-2006, 09:47 PM
BWAAAHAAA!!! Sorry man. :D

Hopefully you'll get it one day...

deadpunk
19-Nov-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm okay with Nemo, actually. But, the first time I watched the Punisher...when he actually watched his wife and child run down... No lie, I paused the movie and went upstairs to check on my kids.

Neil
19-Nov-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm okay with Nemo, actually. But, the first time I watched the Punisher...when he actually watched his wife and child run down... No lie, I paused the movie and went upstairs to check on my kids.

DON'T read Stephen King's the Boogeyman then :eek:

Danny
19-Nov-2006, 10:36 PM
yeah he'll have to set up some kinda home security system after that one:lol:

deadpunk
19-Nov-2006, 10:40 PM

:eek: Too late. And, yeah... That one hits hard!

This is an interesting subject, something I consider quite often, actually. Once you become a parent, you notice that things start to affect you differently than they did before. You can't help but, lose some of your feeling of...invulnerability (for lack of a better word). When you start adding your kids into equations, things get scary in ways they never were before. :rockbrow:

Neil
19-Nov-2006, 10:45 PM
Before I became a parent, and friends with children would say, "it changes when you have kids", I didn't really believe they had a point as I'd rate myself as a fairy compassionate persion...

But they were right...

axlish
19-Nov-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm sorry, but what was the cry moment in Nemo? The ol' eyes remained dry, and I can be a sappy bitch when the mood strikes.

Chakobsa
19-Nov-2006, 11:40 PM
Don't read "The Frolic" by Thomas Ligotti either. :eek:

:eek: Too late. And, yeah... That one hits hard!

This is an interesting subject, something I consider quite often, actually. Once you become a parent, you notice that things start to affect you differently than they did before. You can't help but, lose some of your feeling of...invulnerability (for lack of a better word). When you start adding your kids into equations, things get scary in ways they never were before. :rockbrow:
Yeah. watching the evening news REALLY scares the crap out of me now that I'm a father. I mean, stuff used to bother me before I became a dad but now that vague anxiety has a keener edge to it.

capncnut
20-Nov-2006, 02:23 AM
As a father, the only thing that ever made me cry was when I found a soggy, half-eaten Cheesy Wotsit in my Xbox disc tray. :D

Chakobsa
24-Nov-2006, 09:29 AM
As a father, the only thing that ever made me cry was when I found a soggy, half-eaten Cheesy Wotsit in my Xbox disc tray. :D
LOL!:) Found a Hotwheels car inside the video once.

capncnut
25-Nov-2006, 11:09 PM
LOL!:) Found a Hotwheels car inside the video once.

Those damn Hotwheels cars turn up EVERYWHERE! Washing machine, refridgerator, toilet, I mean the list is endless. :lol:

deadpunk
27-Nov-2006, 03:17 AM
Those damn Hotwheels cars turn up EVERYWHERE! Washing machine, refridgerator, toilet, I mean the list is endless. :lol:

I don't think there is a father alive that hasn't fished at least 5 things out of the toilet and said...actually stood over the bowl with his arm sopping wet and took the time to utter...

"Now, how the f*ck did that get in there?"

:lol: ;)

HLS
27-Nov-2006, 03:29 AM
I wish i was a parent but finding memo was an excilent flick.

Neil
27-Nov-2006, 08:21 AM
I wish i was a parent but finding memo was an excilent flick.

"Finding Memo"?

Was that the Pixar film where an office chair lost its stapler?

Terran
27-Nov-2006, 08:51 AM
I wish I was a parent too....
A parent of my own race of atomic monsters! Atomic supermen with octagonal-shaped bodies that suck blood out of ... *walks off continuing to rant*

capncnut
27-Nov-2006, 01:06 PM
"Finding Memo"?

Write off to Pixar Neil, you could be on to something there. :D

Neil
27-Nov-2006, 02:08 PM
I wish I was a parent too....
A parent of my own race of atomic monsters! Atomic supermen with octagonal-shaped bodies that suck blood out of ... *walks off continuing to rant*

I suspect the planet earth may be far better off with Terran not procreating .... :eek:

HLS
27-Nov-2006, 08:26 PM
"Finding Memo"?

BWAAAHAAAAA!

You got me there! I was probably at work when I posted that.

Write off to Pixar Neil, you could be on to something there. :D

Ya go ahead and have fun at my cost. I forgive you. LOL!:o :D :clown:

Speaking of office supplies. We have a printer here that we named "Buffy the Paper Slayer"

Kaos
28-Nov-2006, 08:06 PM
Before I became a parent, and friends with children would say, "it changes when you have kids", I didn't really believe they had a point as I'd rate myself as a fairy compassionate persion...

But they were right...

Try watching Pet Cemetery now. :eek:

Mike70
28-Nov-2006, 08:35 PM
pet semetary is the one that does me in. can't watch it anymore at all. the little boy getting run over is too much. talk about ignorant, irresponsible parents. you NEVER take your eyes off your kids for even a second when you are outside- especially if you are near a road or some such other hazard. people that say you can't watch them every minute are:

a. dead wrong b. not parents and c. asking for tragedy to strike.

this is something that i am totally nuts over. nick is absolutely never ever out of my or my wife's direct line of sight when we are outside of our house.

as for finding nemo - i have never seen it so i have no idea what neil is talking about.

Neil
28-Nov-2006, 09:01 PM
pet semetary is the one that does me in. can't watch it anymore at all. the little boy getting run over is too much. talk about ignorant, irresponsible parents. you NEVER take your eyes off your kids for even a second when you are outside- especially if you are near a road or some such other hazard. people that say you can't watch them every minute are:

a. dead wrong b. not parents and c. asking for tragedy to strike.

this is something that i am totally nuts over. nick is absolutely never ever out of my or my wife's direct line of sight when we are outside of our house.

as for finding nemo - i have never seen it so i have no idea what neil is talking about.

I often take my little boy to a little park near where I am. It's actually a small pretty island with access via a bridge.

When he was about 2 odd he would often go ahead of me & do things like pop around a corner and then within about 2-3 second pop back around and laugh...

So he disappears around a corner with me about 20-30ft behind... I wait for his little smiling face to reappear.... but it doesn't. So I go up to the corner and look around ready to say "boo".. But he not there....

So I dash down the path where he must have gone and nothing... The path disappears in a couple of different directions and I can see nothing. I run in both directions looking for 20-30 seconds... nothing...

So there I am... on a small island... water in EVERY direction, and my 2yr old is wondering around without me!

At this point I'm panicked! VERY!

I zoom back in the direction I came from and there's a couple sitting on a bench so I ask them if they've seen a toddler. They say yes and say he's wondered back in the direction we originally come fomr - basically we'd almost passed each other on opposite sides of a bush...

Where the couple pointed to was a path running along the egde of the water (no fence or anything!). I asked them to go one way, and I went the other...

I found him back in the middle of a small green we'd passed before I lost him, obviously looking for me, and crying his little heart out... Thank God he'd been content looking for me, and NOT interested in anything near the water. He was just a few feet away!

It probably lasted little more than a minute, but f*** did it scare the b-jesus out of me :(

HLS
28-Nov-2006, 10:05 PM
Awwwww. Poor little guy. You sound like your a good father which is great.

capncnut
29-Nov-2006, 12:12 AM
Try watching Pet Cemetery now. :eek:

Yeah, the little kid who played Gage in that movie stole the show completely. :evil:

deadpunk
29-Nov-2006, 05:07 AM
I often take my little boy to a little park near where I am. It's actually a small pretty island with access via a bridge.

When he was about 2 odd he would often go ahead of me & do things like pop around a corner and then within about 2-3 second pop back around and laugh...

So he disappears around a corner with me about 20-30ft behind... I wait for his little smiling face to reappear.... but it doesn't. So I go up to the corner and look around ready to say "boo".. But he not there....

So I dash down the path where he must have gone and nothing... The path disappears in a couple of different directions and I can see nothing. I run in both directions looking for 20-30 seconds... nothing...

So there I am... on a small island... water in EVERY direction, and my 2yr old is wondering around without me!

At this point I'm panicked! VERY!

I zoom back in the direction I came from and there's a couple sitting on a bench so I ask them if they've seen a toddler. They say yes and say he's wondered back in the direction we originally come fomr - basically we'd almost passed each other on opposite sides of a bush...

Where the couple pointed to was a path running along the egde of the water (no fence or anything!). I asked them to go one way, and I went the other...

I found him back in the middle of a small green we'd passed before I lost him, obviously looking for me, and crying his little heart out... Thank God he'd been content looking for me, and NOT interested in anything near the water. He was just a few feet away!

It probably lasted little more than a minute, but f*** did it scare the b-jesus out of me :(

Had a similar experience, once. Back when we only had the one, I was working everday at 3:30 in the morning. I fell asleep on the couch while the wife was working, Peter couldn't have been more than 2 at this time, and woke up about 20 minutes later startled that I had fallen asleep.

I couldn't find him anywhere in the apartment. It was two floors and he was just mastering stairs.

He turned up napping behind the recliner.

No matter how tired I am after pulling some queer shift...to this day, I physically can't fall asleep until the wife comes home or the kids are down for the night. Those 2-3 minutes took twenty years off my life. At least.