PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Monroeville Mall light fixtures

Belial
18-Mar-2006, 02:49 PM
Has anybody 1 for sale? I would be very interested... I missed the opportunity to buy one a couple of years ago and i'm starting to repent of not getting one at the time...

axlish
18-Mar-2006, 03:03 PM
www.monroevillemall.com

Belial
18-Mar-2006, 03:23 PM
Back then, I contacted some girl working at the Mall called Heather (I think), but when I tried to contact her more recently, her email was no longer available. A month ago or so I send an email to the Monroeville Mall syaff with this quetion, and they told me that they would contact me later with some info, but they haven't. :(

btw axlish... Do you really live in Japan? I always thought you were an American living in America... :D

axlish
18-Mar-2006, 03:40 PM
I live in America. I was born in Japan though. Military Child.

The question next to the flag says "Where are you from?" :cool:

I too conversed with Heather back in the day. The management could care less about selling some junk they have lying around in a back room. You'll have to keep pestering them I'm afraid. Your best bet is to go there personally, buy it, and ship it back to yourself.

Belial
18-Mar-2006, 04:27 PM
Yep, I have assumed that going there to buy it would be the best (safest and cheaper, no intermediaries involved in the shipping, etc) way to get one of those... My grandad is now on N. Carolina, spending a month there with one of his sisters... I could tell him to travel quite a few miles and get it, but he'd probably ask me if I'm crazy or what. :D

Cody
19-Mar-2006, 05:09 AM
lol funny

Deadman_Deluxe
20-Mar-2006, 02:03 PM
So far as i know, the last lot of light fittings from the mall ALL went on eBay about eighteen months ago ... and that was the last of them.

You can keep an eye out on eBay for resales, but expect to wait anywhere from several years to infinity.

axlish
20-Mar-2006, 03:04 PM
So far as i know, the last lot of light fittings from the mall ALL went on eBay about eighteen months ago ... and that was the last of them.

You can keep an eye out on eBay for resales, but expect to wait anywhere from several years to infinity.

They only sold 2 or 3 units on eBay. After selling the first one, they didn't have much luck. I know thxleo and Monrozombi picked one up in person. They have dozens more in a back room.

HLS
21-Mar-2006, 03:16 PM
I start to reminisce when ever somone talks about the Monroeville Mall. I spent my whole childhood in the 70's and 80's in that mall. **sigh** I was there when they took out our beloved skate rink and replaced it with a food court:mad:
Ahhhhhhhhh Memories!

Adrenochrome
22-Mar-2006, 06:52 PM
I start to reminisce when ever somone talks about the Monroeville Mall. I spent my whole childhood in the 70's and 80's in that mall. **sigh** I was there when they took out our beloved skate rink and replaced it with a food court:mad:
Ahhhhhhhhh Memories!
I've known you for 7 years and ALL you talk about is "I used to go to the Monroeville Mall ALL the time!" (or Godzilla or aliens or ghosts)
That's kinda creepy.
There's a big world out there.

falcon
22-Mar-2006, 10:28 PM
What’s the story on the light fixtures, are they just fluorescents ceiling lights are they something special. I will be passing by Pittsburg in May and am considering a side trip to the mall, airport and Evans City. So any info would be great.

Harold W Brown
23-Mar-2006, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I'm late in hearing anything about this. Can you bring us up to speed?

axlish
23-Mar-2006, 03:36 AM
A couple of years ago, the Monroeville Mall replaced the light fixtures throughout the mall, and decided to try and sell the old ones as movie memorabelia. They are the fixtures located on the posts in the picture.

http://members.aol.com/monrozombi/Vacancy.JPG

They were selling them for around 200 each.

Belial
23-Mar-2006, 07:59 PM
I think I recall reading something, some time ago, about two or three of the old light fixtures still surviving the makeover. Is this true?

axlish
23-Mar-2006, 09:00 PM
One did survive. I can confirm this as of August 2004. It was in one of the corners.

Philly_SWAT
27-Mar-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I was there at the 26th anniversary Comicon, and they had them all layed out in a empty store. I really wanted to buy one, but I thought about how there was a bunch of crap in the car already (and the steep pricetag) and did not buy one. I really wish now that I had, I was right there in the same room with them. I would love to have a couple on my wall right now.

axlish
27-Mar-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I was there at the 26th anniversary Comicon, and they had them all layed out in a empty store. I really wanted to buy one, but I thought about how there was a bunch of crap in the car already (and the steep pricetag) and did not buy one. I really wish now that I had, I was right there in the same room with them. I would love to have a couple on my wall right now.

What was their latest asking price?

kev
28-Mar-2006, 05:31 PM
I was in contact with Heather when the lights were on ebay. I did not buy one at the time, mainly because the shipping was $160.00 to the UK.
Afew months later I decided to buy one, contacted Heather and she said the Mall had been sold and the new buyer would not let them sell any more.
If you have any luck getting them to ship one please let me know, I still might be interested.

thecoldwarrior
31-Mar-2006, 03:43 AM
LOL, you so crazy! I used to live thier and the mall was my stomping grounds, never had any idea what the mall would mean to me a couple of years down the road! It was a great mall even before I saw the dead films though. Actually when i was very young, I was afraid to go up the stairs at MM cuz they had no backs! lol. Going down was fine, but I would have my dad hold my hand going up them, I was terifyed that I would mistep and fall through them. Again lol.

I was at MM once (long after the stair thing) and I remeber a guy had a gun and shot this gal for some reason, well I was with some of my friends at the other side of the same area. We herd the shot and man did we hit the floor!

You know the shot of the bank in Dawn, I used to go thier and ask all the tellers if they had 50 cent pieces for me to exchange for. After the 2nd or 3rd time of doing this, the nice teller would see me comming and go to all the regesters and see if they had some and then put them on a table for me to pick and choose the ones I wanted to exchange!!! Thanx lady, whoever you are!

Some great times for sure :)

If I had known people were going to pay for stuff from MM, they would have had to remodle much earlier.....hehehe

Good luck with your search, I havent been back thier for about 3 years now. I did get to see the remodle. Yeah they wanted to update the mall, but it would have been a lot cooler if they left it alone.

Mortis
07-Apr-2006, 04:36 PM
I still try to make it to the mall once a year, usually around Halloween time. Yeah, it's changed, but it's still pretty cool.

Monrozombi
28-Apr-2006, 01:20 AM
I was at the mall last week but the lady i talked to didn't know if they had them or not. I'm going back out to the area in June and i'm going to get another one come hell or high water. Here is a picture of me and my wife in front of the remaining light, its near Hot Topic. I rewired my light and have it in the dining room now

Belial
29-Apr-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info, Monrozombi and good luck! Keep me/us informed! :D

patrick
14-Aug-2008, 03:21 AM
I think I recall reading something, some time ago, about two or three of the old light fixtures still surviving the makeover. Is this true?

I am here alot at monroville mall since I live only an hour away infact I was here on last sunday and I did not see any of the old light fixtures anywhere at the mall I remeber coming here when they had the old stuff the old rails on the second floor the old lights the old front entrance the fountain the clock wow this place has changed alot but everything is gone but however next time I go I will look for the old light fixture if its there. It would have been better if they had left the mall how it was

axlish
14-Aug-2008, 02:35 PM
Patrick, read two comments up ^^. It is located near Hot Topic.

Yojimbo
14-Aug-2008, 04:29 PM

I was there too with Philly (I didn't know who he was at the time, though I remember seeing him) and the price for the fixtures was a little too steep for my wife and I

DubiousComforts
15-Aug-2008, 01:44 AM
the price for the fixtures was a little too steep for my wife and I
Dude, you own one of the holy grails of all DAWN props. Why would you want a light fixture? :D

Yojimbo
15-Aug-2008, 05:14 AM
Dude, you own one of the holy grails of all DAWN props. Why would you want a light fixture? :D

Which is why I don't feel all that bad that I didn't insist on buying this. Had I forced my hand at that time and gotten my wife to agree to the light fixture, I probably would not have been able to plea my case for the prop M-16 later.

At the time I figured that another prop or piece of memorabilia is bound to come my way eventually, and the light fixture just didn't make me jones enough to get it. At that time I had already resisted copies of canceled Latent Image checks, empty bullet casings certified by Clayton, and other cool things, so the light fixture was just another temptation. Sure glad I waited though!:lol:

DubiousComforts
16-Aug-2008, 12:48 AM
Had I forced my hand at that time and gotten my wife to agree to the light fixture, I probably would not have been able to plea my case for the prop M-16 later.
Yep, you need to pick your battles carefully, :D