PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Cool custom DVD box for Dead "Legacy"

axlish
23-Feb-2006, 02:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/DAWN-OF-THE-DEAD-ROMEROS-LEGACY-DVD-case-Tin_W0QQitemZ9107115593QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

A little pricey but still cool.

AssassinFromHell
23-Feb-2006, 05:48 PM
Interesting. Thats still a little much for a box though.

I've never heard of this box set before, is it something new?

axlish
23-Feb-2006, 06:56 PM
It is just a custom box for you to put your DVDs in. I have seen several of these types of boxes made for Star Wars, LOTR, Matrix trilogy etc., but never for the Dead "Legacy".

Andy
23-Feb-2006, 07:11 PM
anyone in the uk got the "trilogy of the dead" boxset?

MinionZombie
23-Feb-2006, 07:33 PM
The Trilogy of the Dead boxset isn't worth buying - the version of Night is the crappy re-edited version that was put out, the 30th anniversary one. I'm not sure, but Dawn might even be cut by a few seconds in that collection - at least it was on its original, lone disc, release - by 6 seconds I believe - not much I know, but the main hits were to seeing the zombie children being shot and the big squeeze was that there was no head explosion in the housing projects!

I have the extended cut of Dawn on VHS, and that is cut by 6 seconds...thankfully I got the 4-disc ultimate DVD Region 1 - now THAT is a wicked DVD, interesting to see which versions have what footage - the European version was especially intriguing...it was like a whole new flick.

I've found that, so far at least, the best DVDs to get for the dead series are on Region One, that's especially true of Night - here in the UK the "tin edition" and 2-disc special edition are both cut by FOUR minutes - WHY on earth would Night ever need to be cut in this day and age? It was stupid enough for the Oracle edition to have new music, but four minutes cut out...damn - and it was noticeable stuff too - tons of zombie footage and the "death by zombie daughter" was shredded down to 3 hacks and no blood drippage.

*sigh*

Andy
23-Feb-2006, 07:40 PM
the directors cut of dawn has been re-released in the UK with those 6 second back in it, i have it :)

I, Zombie
26-Feb-2006, 08:41 PM
Cool box, but I'd prefer to have the DOTD zombie on there instead.

Omega
09-Mar-2006, 12:56 AM
Someone should just make a box like that which you could order off their site. I know Kevin Smith did that sorta thing for his "Jersey Trilogy" movies over viewaskew.com. Though the problem in that would be they couldn't put space for Land.

jdog
09-Mar-2006, 01:04 AM
sweet box, but that is alot of cash.
i still might get one just to have it

Dawg
10-Mar-2006, 08:17 PM
Seeing how someone is making money off of Romero and others, even if it is custom-made boxes. I mean really, this guy is using copyrighted images from not only the dead "legacy", but also from what appears to be a drawing of a zombie from the Resident Evil game series.

Maybe everyone should threaten to turn his @$$ in unless he makes them a custom-case! No, that would be wrong, really. :evil:

:dead: Dawg :skull:

Andy
10-Mar-2006, 08:57 PM
Seeing how someone is making money off of Romero and others, even if it is custom-made boxes. I mean really, this guy is using copyrighted images from not only the dead "legacy", but also from what appears to be a drawing of a zombie from the Resident Evil game series.

Maybe everyone should threaten to turn his @$$ in unless he makes them a custom-case! No, that would be wrong, really. :evil:

:dead: Dawg :skull:
think the makers might have permission to use those images? :p

Dawg
11-Mar-2006, 10:58 PM
Maybe Romero, but I doubt Resident Evil. I seriously doubt all together though, because really, do you think Rubenstein would give permission the way he is?

Dawg

DaDeadGuy
12-Mar-2006, 02:24 AM
Sweet, The artwork looks cool. Quite abit of money for it though...