PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars virgin watches 1-6 marathon! (ew.com)

axlish
20-Nov-2006, 05:29 PM
Suprising results!

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1558880_1_0_,00.html

Danny
20-Nov-2006, 05:36 PM
yeah, surprisings the word, myself i used to love it but now ive expanded my repetoir ,so to speak, i honestly think the lord of the rings trilogy is better than the origional star wars, even if they were just 3 films about walking:lol:

bassman
20-Nov-2006, 06:19 PM
Great to hear that even a "Star Wars Virgin" can see that the original films are much better than the new trilogy.

And what rock does this guy keep under in order to not see at least ONE star wars film?...

Danny
20-Nov-2006, 07:11 PM
a bloody big one.

Neil
20-Nov-2006, 09:43 PM
And what rock does this guy keep under in order to not see at least ONE star wars film?...

Hey a friend of mine, has never seen a Bond film :eek:

coma
20-Nov-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey a friend of mine, has never seen a Bond film :eek:

Moonraker was he only one I saw all the way through because it had "space stuff" in it. I think I saw the one before it too with the Jaws villain.
Tried to watch them but I just don't like em at all.

But every boy likes Star Wars (the first 3). Wonder what he was into instead?

capncnut
21-Nov-2006, 01:36 AM
Being a child of the seventies, it was IMPOSSIBLE to escape the Star Wars phenomenon. When the new trilogy was made, it was very EASY to escape the phenomenon. I saw A New Hope (just plain old Star Wars back then) on opening day as a youngster, the cinema was packed and had a real party atmosphere. When I saw Phantom Menace many years later, the theater was mostly quiet except for the odd toddler screaming for an ice cream. How things have changed.

axlish
21-Nov-2006, 06:42 PM
I saw A New Hope (just plain old Star Wars back then) on opening day as a youngster, the cinema was packed and had a real party atmosphere. When I saw Phantom Menace many years later, the theater was mostly quiet except for the odd toddler screaming for an ice cream. How things have changed.

I live in a semi-small town, and it was a madhouse for episodes 1-3 on opening night (which was at midnight, day of technically). The audience was filled to the brim with geeks dressed up, light sabers and everything.

_liam_
21-Nov-2006, 07:04 PM
i think the empire strikes back is one of the best films ever made, tis a classy beast. jedi is good if you really liked ESB, a new hope is less impressive the older you get, imo.

the prequels were a bit disappointing, i have all the usual problems with TPM, i thought attack of the clones was reallllly boring, but sith was a pleasant suprise (that "NOOOOOO" bit aside).

interesting article, bit short though.

i met dave prowse once, he was a bit of a tit to be honest, but i was pleased to find out i was taller than darth vader :D

capncnut
21-Nov-2006, 07:16 PM
i think the empire strikes back is one of the best films ever made, tis a classy beast.

It's true. Empire is a blinding sequel and a lot of that is down to it's director Irvin Kershner. Through a childs eyes, Empire is a balls out rollercoaster ride. Through an adults eyes, it's a well crafted masterpiece with a genuine sense of tragedy. The rebellion's darkest hour (or two) methinks. What's up with Irvin Kershner and fantastic sequels? He did Robocop 2 as well and that was proper s**t hot!

"Can't shoot a kid, can you f**ker?"