PDA

View Full Version : Any new stories worth a damn?

Yashka
23-Nov-2006, 01:44 AM
No, Ash/Superman/ characters, No gratuitous/OTT gore stuff. No supernatural stuff.

And....... GO!

deadpunk
23-Nov-2006, 05:31 AM
Any new stories worth a damn?

You know, for a guy that only hangs about in order to read the fiction, you sure have a funny way of expressing appreciation for the effort that the authors on site put into providing you with endless free entertainment. (Although it's nice to see you haven't changed a lick since the LOOM forums :mad: )

Of course, and again, if you were a subscribed member, you could read a general summary of each newly posted story... add that to the fact that Neil has them catagorized by genre... and you'd probably be able to find something to your liking with little trouble. :shifty:

And........KISS IT! :moon:

:p

Yashka
23-Nov-2006, 07:20 AM
You know, for a guy that only hangs about in order to read the fiction, you sure have a funny way of expressing appreciation for the effort that the authors on site put into providing you with endless free entertainment. (Although it's nice to see you haven't changed a lick since the LOOM forums :mad: )

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't that the point of posting fiction ? To be read? And you're wrong, I also hang out here to get news about any Living Dead events/movies/books/whatever :)

And it's not really 'endless' free entertainment, but I'm not going to start that whole bitchfest again.

Of course, and again, if you were a subscribed member, you could read a general summary of each newly posted story... add that to the fact that Neil has them catagorized by genre... and you'd probably be able to find something to your liking with little trouble. :shifty:

That would be nice, but I'd rather spend my money on CD's, books, drugs, etc. I have a hard time rationalizing paying money for something that can only be accessed by computer.

Plus, even a summary wouldn't tell much about the style of the story, or any specifics.

And........KISS IT! :moon:

:p

You really know how to make a person feel at home. :D

deadpunk
23-Nov-2006, 12:28 PM
Welcome back, then... :D

Neil
26-Nov-2006, 08:53 PM
No, Ash/Superman/ characters, No gratuitous/OTT gore stuff. No supernatural stuff.

And....... GO!

I think DP's sentiment comes from the fact your comment can be read such that it trivialises a lot of work/effort.

Authors spend a lot of time working on contributions, whether you appreciate them or not.

I think you need to ensure you pay the respect that is due to any of the authors who have committed their time, to your enjoyment. :)

deadpunk
26-Nov-2006, 11:10 PM
I think DP's sentiment comes from the fact your comment can be read such that it trivialises a lot of work/effort.

Authors spend a lot of time working on contributions, whether you appreciate them or not.

I think you need to ensure you pay the respect that is due to any of the authors who have committed their time, to your enjoyment. :)

Well, if you want to put what I was trying to say into level-headed, intelligent and thought-out terms...then, yeah, Neil got it right. :elol:

wyvern1096
24-Dec-2006, 12:42 AM
Well, to give a serious answer. I just read "A Day at Work" in the fiction section a couple of weeks ago and loved it. If you haven't read it yet, do so.

Danny
24-Dec-2006, 04:07 AM
really, i think thats the one ive given the lowest rating too out of all the ones ive read.
though that was a while back so i cant remember for the life of me what i didnt like about it.

...or what it was about for that matter:p

kortick
26-Dec-2006, 03:13 AM
there are a lot of really great fic pieces here

i will wait for you forever is one that i find amazing

it didnt get the highest ratings by others but i really liked it

there are others that i liked that are not here anymore so i will have to go and look for others for you

read the dark night ones-dont write them off so quickly

you would be doing yourself sa disservice

but i will post some others as i go thru them

Danny
26-Dec-2006, 08:28 AM
someone wrote one about a guy trapped in a quick stop type store and a nother had a kid luring people back home to feed them to his zombie mother, those are two of my favourites on there.

fartpants
14-Apr-2007, 04:34 PM
i have read over 160 of the stories and have to say the vast majority are excellent, so all you authors out there...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:)

zombieslayer
19-Apr-2007, 01:13 PM
just about all my favs. are the bodysnatchers. but i've been having trouble signing up to be able to read them again. if you can get to them, read the one called fido. it's real good. one of the best.

benjamin03
12-Jul-2007, 11:01 AM
just about all my favs. are the bodysnatchers. but i've been having trouble signing up to be able to read them again. if you can get to them, read the one called fido. it's real good. one of the best.

I certainly agree with this gentlemen. Bodysnatchers stories by Rob Morganbesser are in my humble opinion the best stories out there ( all 24 of them ). Next to that the story which holds my most respect right next to the bodysnatchers ones is the story Neil wrote, i sadly have forgotten it's name buti still know how that wonderfull story goes. I must say i believe u have to be a subscribed member to read those but IMO it is certainly worth it. I bought a membership, or atleast i had a friend of mine buy it for me since i can't pay online but that membership is now very sadly over and ican't get anyone to pay again :P

Anyway that was a little of topic , i apologise , but seeing as Deadpunk said "welcome back" and those are really old stories u probably have read them already.

So those stories, ow and the one deadpunk wrote : "About Men and Mice" ? or something like that i am very sorry deadpunk i can't remember correctly, it is about a man who travels with a metally-not-so-ok child ( for lack of a better word, i am not english speaking of nature but dutch :D ) and arrives at a camp with people there and ... well you will have to read the rest , i will certainly not spoil it, but i can assure you that is also one of the best stories on the site.

Neil
12-Jul-2007, 11:15 AM
I certainly agree with this gentlemen. Bodysnatchers stories by Rob Morganbesser are in my humble opinion the best stories out there ( all 24 of them ). Next to that the story which holds my most respect right next to the bodysnatchers ones is the story Neil wrote, i sadly have forgotten it's name buti still know how that wonderfull story goes. I must say i believe u have to be a subscribed member to read those but IMO it is certainly worth it. I bought a membership, or atleast i had a friend of mine buy it for me since i can't pay online but that membership is now very sadly over and ican't get anyone to pay again :P

Anyway that was a little of topic , i apologise , but seeing as Deadpunk said "welcome back" and those are really old stories u probably have read them already.

So those stories, ow and the one deadpunk wrote : "About Men and Mice" ? or something like that i am very sorry deadpunk i can't remember correctly, it is about a man who travels with a metally-not-so-ok child ( for lack of a better word, i am not english speaking of nature but dutch :D ) and arrives at a camp with people there and ... well you will have to read the rest , i will certainly not spoil it, but i can assure you that is also one of the best stories on the site.

Glad you enjoyed one of my contributions so much... I assume it was either:-
Testament?
or
The Midas Touch?

benjamin03
13-Jul-2007, 10:38 AM
The midas touch yes that was it ! :)

I read it about 6 times and it made me go look up what the whole 'midas touch' mythology was. :P That good was the story.

Neil
13-Jul-2007, 11:29 AM
The midas touch yes that was it ! :)

I read it about 6 times and it made me go look up what the whole 'midas touch' mythology was. :P That good was the story.

It should have been longer... But with my spare time so scarce after nearly a year it still wasn't finished - so basically I just threw stuff into the missing areas to finish it up. Hence, some sections are very rushed.

It started almost as a script and flipped over to a regular story - I think some of the areas still show this as it almost reads like a script in setting the scene.

There's a sequel in my head (with some of Giles' group not appreciating Jason's actions :) ), but it's likely to stay there given me having even less free time now :(

benjamin03
13-Jul-2007, 03:01 PM
Perhaps those 'rushed' parts are what made the story even better then other good zombie stories, and the open ending was IMHO awesome, and it doesn't need a sequel, not that i wouldn't like to read another zombie story from you but with Midas Touch being so good and the baeutiful open ending which makes u wonder it would 'hurt' the vast greatness of this story ! Ofcourse this is just my opinion. :)

Neil
13-Jul-2007, 03:50 PM
Perhaps those 'rushed' parts are what made the story even better then other good zombie stories, and the open ending was IMHO awesome, and it doesn't need a sequel, not that i wouldn't like to read another zombie story from you but with Midas Touch being so good and the baeutiful open ending which makes u wonder it would 'hurt' the vast greatness of this story ! Ofcourse this is just my opinion. :)

Kind words! Thanks!

wyvern1096
17-Aug-2007, 09:41 PM
Two other really good ones recently read:

"A Hunting We Will Go"
and
"Taking Care of Elaine"

Eyebiter
26-Nov-2007, 09:56 AM
Tank is one of my favorites.

wyvern1096
27-Nov-2007, 08:49 PM