PDA

View Full Version : If I send a card to ROMERO...

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 12:04 PM
... I wanna Romero's autograph so bad!

What's if I send him a card? Maybe he will autograph that and will send it back...

... I'm desperate.

axlish
24-Nov-2006, 02:05 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/George-Romero-Land-of-the-Dead-Director-Autograph_W0QQitemZ280052207580QQihZ018QQcategoryZ 32988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 03:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/George-Romero-Land-of-the-Dead-Director-Autograph_W0QQitemZ280052207580QQihZ018QQcategoryZ 32988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

E-Bay?

No, thanks. ;)

I prefer the real thing.

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 12:37 AM

What's if I send him a card? Maybe he will autograph that and will send it back...

... I'm desperate.

Well you have a few options. You could write to his management/secretary (if this is possible) and plead for an autograph, this has worked in a few cases but not often. If you sound sincere then maybe they'll give you a break, you never know. Failing that, you could track down a store run by an authentic member of an autograph hunter's agency. You'll pay through the nose but you'll get a genuine specimen.

E-Bay?

No, thanks. ;)

I prefer the real thing.

Or lastly you could just buy one cheap from a seller on E-Bay with a good reputation! :D

In regards to the card, it all depends on whether he reads ALL his fanmail or not. Unless you know George's home address, there's a chance it may never reach him and would probably end up in the hands of his management/secretary anyway.

Bloodtype-Ed
12-Dec-2006, 07:22 PM
I would have to say that you best bet would be going to a convention that Mr. Romero will be at. He does a good amount of them, you get a real signature, and you won't have to pay an arm and a leg for one.

Deadman_Deluxe
13-Dec-2006, 03:48 PM

... I'm desperate.

I have several autographed GAR (10 x 8) prints. I could sell you one directly, with a COA (certificate of authenticity) of course ... but then you would STILL have the same problem. You have no way to pay anyone!

I would have to say that you best bet would be going to a convention that Mr. Romero will be at. He does a good amount of them, you get a real signature, and you won't have to pay an arm and a leg for one.

While you WILL almost certainly be guaranteed an autograph at a convention, not to mention the fact that you will actually meet the man himself, you WILL have to stand in an orderly line for anything up to several hours AND pay through the nose for doing so.

Also, i am not sure that you would get a COA with that, or if that is an extra charge.

The mounting costs of attending a convention, maybe $150 or more in total, (travel, accomodation, food, fuel, entrance fee/tickets PLUS the cost of the autograph itself!) make buying autographs online (about $20 or $30) a MUCH cheaper alternative IF you are only interested in owning an original autographed photograph.

capncnut
13-Dec-2006, 08:22 PM
COA's can be pretty much knocked out by anyone. The only true genuine one's have the stamp from a recognised autograph hunter's agency.

COA's that come with online autographs are very shoddy. A cousin of mine paid a fair whack for Marilyn Manson's autograph (with COA) only to be told a year later from Fraser's that it was fake.

Bloodtype-Ed
13-Dec-2006, 08:29 PM
While you WILL almost certainly be guaranteed an autograph at a convention, not to mention the fact that you will actually meet the man himself, you WILL have to stand in an orderly line for anything up to several hours AND pay through the nose for doing so.

Also, i am not sure that you would get a COA with that, or if that is an extra charge.

The mounting costs of attending a convention, maybe $150 or more in total, (travel, accomodation, food, fuel, entrance fee/tickets PLUS the cost of the autograph itself!) make buying autographs online (about $20 or $30) a MUCH cheaper alternative IF you are only interested in owning an original autographed photograph.

This is true, but not totally the case.

It totally depends on the buyer. I am lucky enough to have a Romero autographed copy of Dawn of the Dead that I only paid $20 for. Sure I paid for admission for the convention I got it at, but I was going to be there anyway. I'm sure that the majority of people that like Romero would LOVE to go to a convention where he'd be anyway, especially because they usually screen his flicks anyway. Either way, I'm sure said person wouldn't just be into Romero stuff so there's other goodies for them as well. But I understand about travel and things of that nature but I've heard of George doing conventions all over the place (at least in the United States) so that should be easy for most people.

But I was just offering a suggestion, anyway the person sees fit is good for me. But I got my Romero signature at a con, so I figured I'd speak from personal experience.

Deadman_Deluxe
13-Dec-2006, 10:11 PM
True,

But the guy who was originally asking where or how to get GARs autograph is in Italy.

Chaos
14-Dec-2006, 08:52 PM
If you sent Romero a Christmas card, he'd probably throw it in the rubbish bin, along with all the other crap he gets from overzealous, crazed fans. Either that, or RETURN TO SENDER.

Deadman_Deluxe
16-Dec-2006, 09:47 PM
If you sent Romero a Christmas card, he'd probably throw it in the rubbish bin, along with all the other crap he gets from overzealous, crazed fans. Either that, or RETURN TO SENDER.

While that MAY be true, you didn't REALLY need to say it, did you?

And i say MAY ... because how the hell could you possibly know what ANY other persons actions may or may not be, in ANY situation, at ANY given time?

Especially so with a person whom you have never met, and do not know.

EvilFlyingCow
04-Jan-2007, 03:32 AM

"Rubbish bin?" That's not the way Southerner's talk! You're British, aren't you? An Englishman with a Rebel Flag...now that's a first! :D

Chaos
04-Jan-2007, 07:09 PM
"Rubbish bin?" That's not the way Southerner's talk! You're British, aren't you? An Englishman with a Rebel Flag...now that's a first! :D

Very funny! For some odd reason, RUBBISH BIN was the first thing that popped into my head! :lol:

Don of the Dead
09-May-2007, 04:25 PM

... I'm desperate.

Your best bet, without resorting to eBay (don't trust autographs off eBay unless the star or their rep is selling them, i.e. Sid Haig, Joe Pilato etc.)

Can't make it to a con? Find a friend on one of the many horror boards who is going, send them the $$$ for the autograph along with your name if you want it personalized, if they're standing in line anyway, it only takes an extra 5 seconds, you know its authentic, and you have a freind to witness it.

Don