PDA

View Full Version : Aside from the warning system...

deadpunk
25-Nov-2006, 05:57 PM
what else changed? I'm a bit daft at noticing differences on the forums, sometimes ;)

Also...where has Andy been? Is he still part of the forum admin team? I haven't seen him much lately...:rockbrow:

HLS
25-Nov-2006, 06:10 PM
what else changed? I'm a bit daft at noticing differences on the forums, sometimes ;)

Also...where has Andy been? Is he still part of the forum admin team? I haven't seen him much lately...:rockbrow:

I dont know. Everything seems to be the same.

Neil
25-Nov-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeh, the biggest change is the warning system has basically gone. We still use the basics of it to keep notes and stuff so mods can keep track of anything. But for all intents and purposes it's gone.

Also the FAQ has been given a kick to simplify/update it...

capncnut
25-Nov-2006, 10:30 PM
What use is the warning system anyway to somebody who's agenda in life is to be banned permanently? Surely that could be achieved by two or three 'juicy' posts. Not me mind, just saying. :D

Andy
25-Nov-2006, 10:31 PM

im still here, ive been busy lately and im letting the mods do their work now, im just gonne do admin jobs and of course answer any questions/problems that arise.

Danny
25-Nov-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeh, the biggest change is the warning system has basically gone. We still use the basics of it to keep notes and stuff so mods can keep track of anything. But for all intents and purposes it's gone.

Also the FAQ has been given a kick to simplify/update it...

hey cool i didnt notcie, that one little square was the bane of my life:lol: , not really, but it bugged me.

Neil
26-Nov-2006, 11:17 AM
hey cool i didnt notcie, that one little square was the bane of my life:lol: , not really, but it bugged me.

Well, a number of people mentioned this... So I guess we took it onboard and changed the way we work a bit...

chal
26-Nov-2006, 03:49 PM
There's still a "view warnings" link at the top of the main forum page but it leads to a restricted point.

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 05:50 PM
What use is the warning system anyway to somebody who's agenda in life is to be banned permanently? Surely that could be achieved by two or three 'juicy' posts. Not me mind, just saying. :D

Good point. Funny:D

Andy
26-Nov-2006, 06:28 PM
There's still a "view warnings" link at the top of the main forum page but it leads to a restricted point.
Not anymore there isnt :p

Neil
26-Nov-2006, 08:10 PM

DOH! Cheers Andy...

capncnut
30-Nov-2006, 05:21 AM
I also see that the spamming 'law' has been changed also.

Trolling: A troll is often someone who comes to an established community to specifically post inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages with the intention of antagonising forum members. Another example of trolling behaviour is ‘hit & run’ copy & paste posts. When a troll is identified they will be contacted to desist, if they refuse and persist threads will be closed/posts deleted and they will most likely be banned.

Does this include you know who? ;)

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 05:43 AM
*high fives cap'n...again*, :lol: you got him man!

capncnut
30-Nov-2006, 10:04 AM
*capn wipes chocolate covered pretzel smudge from hands" :lol:

deadpunk
30-Nov-2006, 01:44 PM
I also see that the spamming 'law' has been changed also.

Trolling: A troll is often someone who comes to an established community to specifically post inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages with the intention of antagonising forum members. Another example of trolling behaviour is ‘hit & run’ copy & paste posts. When a troll is identified they will be contacted to desist, if they refuse and persist threads will be closed/posts deleted and they will most likely be banned.

Does this include you know who? ;)

Well done. Well played. ;)

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 05:06 PM

*gingerly sniffs hand, then proceeds to retch*:barf: :dead: :lol:

HLS
30-Nov-2006, 06:16 PM

*HLS hands Capnknut a clean towel*:o

Andy
30-Nov-2006, 10:08 PM