PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise plain sucked.

Rottedfreak
25-Nov-2006, 07:29 PM
Everytime there's a thread with constructive criticism regarding Enterprise on the official site it seems to vanish,
thirteen reasons why Enterprise stunk
1) Archer, Trip and T'pol - a trio forced on viewers every episode while Mayweather, Hoshi and Reed went to waste, was it becuase they are of different colour skin? different nationality? post 9/11 xenophobia? Or more likely a attempt to recreate a Kirk, Spock and McCoy thing.
2) During the shoot of season one episode 'Oasis' Bakula (Archer) approached Rene Auberjonois (Odo in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and said "you read this script? it's great!" Renes reply: "Yeah, we did it in the third season." (He is in fact referring to 'Shadow Play' in the second season)
3) Regeneration - the Borg send a message to the future to come to earth - fine, but that baffles me about this tiresome romp is that they have a massive opportunity to assimilate the planet and pass it up, and theres no way in hell we needed this crap shoehorned in the mythology. fans would have happily accepted the Borg were headed to the Alpha quadrant simply to expand territory.
4) Aqcuisition - four Feringi board Enterprise, knock out all crewmen but Archer, strip the ship to the decks and in the end, Archer's response to this huge threat is "get lost, don't want to know you, don't care where your from."
5) These are the Voyages - Archers speech being withheld is only the first flaw. Everything regarding the TNG era was wrong, Marina and Frakes have both aged, the Enterprise D interiors were all wrong and the whole idea that riker did this during the TNG episode 'The Pegasus' is absurd. he never struck me as the tye to go playing around in holodecks during a crisis of conscience. Overall a terrible episode and a absolute turkey.
6) The Expanse - After it had been all over the news for over a year the Enterprise writers never once thought this episode paralelled the events and aftermath of 9/11. I call bull**** on that.
7) The Xindi - been done before as the Dominion. That whole arc was a massive mess, the expanse issue was never resolved, Manny Coto came in half way throyugh and suddenly things picked up a notch, but by the end, some idiot at Paramount let Berman and braga do the final episodes.
8) The Augments trilogy - admitedly entertaining but it's a rerun of The Wrath of Kahn.
9) The temporal cold war arc - Unplanned and sloppy, Future guy was never given a identity, and Braga later adimited he made it up as it went along.
10) Technology - In TNG episode 'The Masterpiece Society' a colony established in 2168 has no idea what a transporter is. In TNG episode 'A matter of Time' Worf notes there are no phasers in the 22nd century, in VOY 'Flashback' Janeway states in the 23rd century there were no holodecks or replicators. The list of canon violations is endless.
11) Klingon first contact "Our first contact with the Klingons led to decades of hostilities." - Picard(Circa: 2367)), TNG episode 'first Contact', "both our races have been at odds for 70 years." - Kirk(2268) TOS 'Day of the Dove' First contact with the Klingon empire goes off without a hitch - Enterprise Brocken Bow circa 2151
12) The Suliban - like Voyagers nemesis Species 8472 they faded into obscurity, a cool race with their whole potential wasted by a bunch of hack writers.
13) The name Star Trek was rejected at first due to it being old, uncool and probably be the very thing to make viewers switch off, then they tacked it on due to the ratings decline present since it began just to boost them. That backfired and who do they blame? the same guys they blamed for Nemesis being a uter failure - the fans.

bassman
25-Nov-2006, 07:46 PM
"May the Force be with you":D:p

Rottedfreak
25-Nov-2006, 08:01 PM
"Do you even know who I am?"

Neil
25-Nov-2006, 08:49 PM
LOL! It sooo tempting to delete this thread :)

I enjoyed Enterprise... It had its ups and downs, and was one of the weeker series, but I did enjoy it enough to watch it...

Danny
25-Nov-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah i agree it wasnt the best trek seires but it had some pretty good episodes i think, though to be fair i aint enough of a fan to complain about the appearance of the decks on the enterprise:p

capncnut
25-Nov-2006, 11:16 PM
Speaking as a hardcore Whovian, I would like to say for the record that I don't give two f**ks about Star Trek or any other of it's crappy offshoots. :D

Eyebiter
26-Nov-2006, 12:08 AM
Those two fourth season episodes in the mirror universe were good, but the last show was terrible.

Danny
26-Nov-2006, 12:11 AM
yeah just when its started to pick up it ended.

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 02:03 AM
All of the enterprise sucked. The only good thing was jeffery Combs playing a few good alien roles.

axlish
26-Nov-2006, 10:55 AM
Enterprise was awful, unwatchable. The intro was weak.

_liam_
26-Nov-2006, 11:39 AM
lmao the intro was hilarious, that bon jovi style song "ohh its bin a long way, yeahhh..babbayyyy". i think enterprise was a bit weak cause the formula's a bit tired now, and the producers had been on board way too long. also it was frustrating to go from the heavily expanded post voyager universe to the cramped feeling one in enterprise.

plus doctor who is way better :p

WHOS THA DADDY NOWWWW

Rottedfreak
26-Nov-2006, 02:52 PM
Fans have been saying there's Trek fatigue since Voyager's last two seasons. In a display of how out of touch the crew really were one says earlier this year "You know, I think Enterprise failed because of what I'd describe as Trek fatigue..." where do they stash these people?

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 07:04 PM
All of the enterprise sucked. The only good thing was Jeffery Combs playing a few good alien roles.

That's the Re-animator guy innit?

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 07:22 PM
That's the Re-animator guy innit?

Ya he is. He played big time major alien roles in Deep Space 9 and The Enterprise. On The Enterprise, or what ever the new one is called, he played Commander Shran, The blue alien with the white hair and attennas. He played Weyoun on Deep Space 9. He also was Dr. Richard Benjamin Vannacutt in the 1999 remake of House on Haunted Hill. He is currently making another sequil to the Re-Animator called House of Re-Animator coming out in 2008.

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 08:46 PM
He is currently making another sequil to the Re-Animator called House of Re-Animator coming out in 2008.

Well let's hope it's better than the last one, you cant beat the first movie in my eyes. As David Gale once said, "Yeeesss, more PASSION!" :elol:

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 09:00 PM
Well let's hope it's better than the last one, you cant beat the first movie in my eyes. As David Gale once said, "Yeeesss, more PASSION!" :elol:

ya. i think i only saw the first 3

Rottedfreak
26-Nov-2006, 10:12 PM
He also played Liquidator Brunt (and his more sinister nicer counterpart in the mirror universe) in DS9, Venk in Voyager episode Tsunkatse and a Feringi in the ENT ep Acquisition.

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, he was in Robot Jox too. :p

Rottedfreak
27-Nov-2006, 08:05 AM
Ronald D Moore involved in the new Battlestar Galactica remake said Star Trek would have survived if the producers took more risks. He noted that during making Deep Space Nine at the end of season five they were approached by Berman and told they could only do the Dominion war for three or four episodes in season six. Does that retard have any clue what DS9 had been building up to at that point? Three seasons of a cold war situation and they were hardly going to wrap it up in three episodes. Naturally they defied him and what do you know, that arc was a hit leading to many great episodes.
Later on they decided to have both of Nogs legs blown off, Brman said only one so they went with that, later on he came in said just beneath the knee they went "okay." later on "just the foot." they went "IT'S A ****ING LEG! WE PLAN TO BLOW IT OFF SO THATS WHAT WERE GOING TO DO!"

Wooley
30-Nov-2006, 06:52 AM
Star Trek doesn't really hold a candle to Babylon 5, Farscape or the current Battle Star Galactica as far as I'm concerned. The Trek characters came across to me as too perfect, the writing as too 'alien of the week' and the plots were usually unrelated. Having an episodic arch, like B5, or Farscape allows you to draw out stories, tell them in greater detail, build up to things.

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 04:41 PM
never watched babylon 5, more of a stargate man myself but farscape and the new galactica are great.