PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jackson and "The Hobbit"...

Neil
25-Nov-2006, 08:52 PM
...he's off the project... http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/30755

...he's on the project... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30806

Hopefully it's the latter...

Danny
25-Nov-2006, 09:21 PM
heh, he said he'd never do it but i think everynone thought he couldnt turn down another cash cow like that.

Neil
25-Nov-2006, 09:26 PM
heh, he said he'd never do it but i think everynone thought he couldnt turn down another cash cow like that.

Hmmm.. Not sure about your take on this... You make is sound like the only reason for doing LOTR was $$$... That trilogy just reaked of dedication and commitment...

He has no need to work again and pick and choose his work...

Personaly I'd like to see him and his production team produce it, and someone else direct maybe...

As for that point of view, point it at Lucas for SW1-3 maybe...

Danny
25-Nov-2006, 09:29 PM
well thats not exactly what i mean, its just you know itll be sucessful purely on the brand and jacksons name attached to it.

Neil
25-Nov-2006, 09:31 PM
well thats not exactly what i mean, its just you know itll be sucessful purely on the brand and jacksons name attached to it.

And that's his fault? :)

_liam_
25-Nov-2006, 09:44 PM
apparently some dispute over dvd royalties is holding it back? i hope he sorts it out. it probably would suck a bit without the jackson...

HLS
25-Nov-2006, 09:46 PM
i would love to see him do The Hobbit. You kinda need to tgo put the whole story together. But I partly agree with Neil. I feel he needs to direct it but perhaps co-direct with someone else, to get maybe a fresh prospective on things.

Heidi

capncnut
25-Nov-2006, 11:19 PM
I've seen Jackson utter the words from his own lips "I am not doing The Hobbit". Maybe in a few years he'll change his mind, besides isn't he doing The Dam Busters right now?

axlish
26-Nov-2006, 11:01 AM
I hope he is on the project, or at the very least, WETA tackles the effects. I also hope that Gandalf and Elrond are plaued by the same actors. John Rhys-Davies should play the older dwarf as well (forget the name)

_liam_
26-Nov-2006, 11:31 AM
thing is though, most of the principal cast are so matey with jackson that i can see them refusing to do it without him. new line refuse to hire him unless he drops his lawsuit against them - why not just drop it for now?! negotiate better rights on a combined hobbit/lotr boxset or something...